News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

RollerCoaster

Same. It never seemed fair that a family that was at the park at rope drop couldn’t get a fastpass. I like the Legacy fastpass where you have to be in the park in order to get a fastpass.

You're not alone in your thoughts. The original FastPass implementation was superior to FP+. It was equitable and in the end users generally got more FPs with the system than they do with FP+.

RollerCoaster

Of course, the amount of people that can ride a ride is static and lines can't magically decrease. However given my familiarity with the parks and FP+ (as I'm sure most on this forum are) I'm positive I wait in line for less time over the course of a day/trip than if FP+ was eliminated. The hit really comes to people that do not use, or misuse the fastpass system and end up spending more time in line throughout the day than they would without FP+. Personally FP+ is extremely helpful and saves me a lot of time on a trip and thus has a lot of value to me, I do realize this is not the case for everyone though and I see why some want it eliminated.

You're actually mistaken. I'm just going to leave it at that. FP+ is a disaster. You think you're being rewarded, but in reality, you're being punished.

seascape

You're actually mistaken. I'm just going to leave it at that. FP+ is a disaster. You think you're being rewarded, but in reality, you're being punished.
I love FP+. I know there are those who hate it but it allows those who don't rope drop the ability to get fast passes. Now if you want to completely eliminate any front of line pass then I say do away with it but fast pass plus treats all customers equally wheras the old system didn't and lets completely forget those parks tha is sell it for a cost.

Purduevian

I do think the majority of people are waiting longer in lines due to fastpass... but I assure you I am not on my trips. I was in Disney actually exactly a year ago (so July 4th week) and managed to get the following fastpasses in 1 day each in the park.

MK (16): Splash, Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Pan, Pooh (x2), 7 dwarfs, Meet Tiana and Rapunzel, Meet Ariel, Under the Sea, Dumbo, Tea Cups, Buzz (x2), Meet Mickey & Minnie (they were meeting together) and Meet Tinkerbell.
--We also had time to watch the parade, meet Donald and Goofy, go on jungle cruise, Aladdin, pirates, Philharmagic, Small world, COP, and watch the fireworks

EPCOT (7): Soarin, Test Track, Frozen (x2), Nemo, The Land, Spaceship Earth. Also got a late night FP for Illuminations
--This was all in about 3.5 hours as we spent the entire afternoon and evening in World Showcase

DHS (9): Slinky, TSMM (x2), RnRC, ToT, ST (x3), and F!
-We also watched Frozen, Indy, BatB, Muppets, Star Wars show, Walked through Launch Bay, Met Olaf, road Alien, and had a sit down dinner at Prime time. This was before GE and MMRR opened.

AK(8): Navi River (x2), Fop (x2), Kilimanjaro, Everest (x3)
--We also watched Nemo and FotLK, did gorilla falls and the jungle trek. We also left that day around 3 because we were driving to a beach that night.

I rode everything I wanted, saw every show I wanted, sat and relaxed for all of my meals (even sat for breakfast in the parks each day), met every character I wanted to, and never waited more than 20 minutes (small world was my longest line of the whole trip). I can guarantee with the elimination of FP+ I would NOT be able to say the same thing. Sure standby waits would drop some if FP+ was eliminated... but I almost never stand in a standby line outside of shows (which FP does NOT save you time for) and Rope Dropping (where standby lines are short anyway).

Jrb1979

I love FP+. I know there are those who hate it but it allows those who don't rope drop the ability to get fast passes. Now if you want to completely eliminate any front of line pass then I say do away with it but fast pass plus treats all customers equally wheras the old system didn't and lets completely forget those parks tha is sell it for a cost.
I love paid fastpasses. I travel around the US visiting theme parks for vacation. Sometimes I only have a day or 2 at a park. The paid system let's me ride everything I want multiple times.

RollerCoaster

Whoa...all customers equally? So those who stay in resort properties that can book 60-days in advance versus 30-days for those staying off property is equal treatment? What about the fact that those with a multi-day on-property vacation actually can book their FP+ for select days more than 60-days out. Is that treating all customers equally? Absolutely not.

The old system treated all guests with more fairness than the current system that preferences on-property guests and those with longer stays. The fact is with the exception of the busiest days of the year the old system didn't require you to rope drop a park. Under the current system being there at opening is more critical because you probably, even you're staying on property, weren't able to get a FP for everything you want.

Collecting FPs when you're actually in the park is the fairest system of all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom