EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I agree -- consider it open. Its advertised everywhere in AK.

This afternoon it was down 2x. It was up at 4:40 then bam, 4:55 back down.

Its interesting seeing them take off trains...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
It was up at 4:40 then bam, 4:55 back down.

and at 4:56, I make it to the main entrance... grr.. lol.

I felt really bad for Susanne, the CM working as the greeter today. There was this group of 14 year old kids that were heckling here due to the ride going 101. They were being mean and downright nasty, and they tried to sneak in the queue from the side. And when they got caught, they started swearing at her and accusing her of being lazy for not reopening the ride and letting them onI normally don't get involved in things like these, but I told those kids to leave her alone and exactly where they could go.

Doesn't make me very popular among 14 year olds, but to that CM, I am a god among guests. :lol: Not to mention, it isn't too often that a guest will stand up for a CM when they are being brought down

Legacy

mkt said:

I felt really bad for Susanne, the CM working as the greeter today. There was this group of 14 year old kids that were heckling here due to the ride going 101. They were being mean and downright nasty, and they tried to sneak in the queue from the side. And when they got caught, they started swearing at her and accusing her of being lazy for not reopening the ride and letting them onI normally don't get involved in things like these, but I told those kids to leave her alone and exactly where they could go.

Doesn't make me very popular among 14 year olds, but to that CM, I am a god among guests. :lol: Not to mention, it isn't too often that a guest will stand up for a CM when they are being brought down
Rob wants to work for Disney again!!! :lol:

:lookaroun

(j/k)

imagineersrock

mkt said:

You're right, it's not often that a random guest will help out like that. On her behalf--- thanks! Now if you want to swing by The Land sometime... say... NYE? -I'd be totally okay with that. :lol:

EpcotServo

mkt said:

Yea...sorry to hear you couldn't get on due to downtimes. And as for your story all I can say is.......Viva opening crew!:sohappy:

peter11435

Just back from AK and got to ride EE two more time. The ride was having some problems at first, they opened for one train load then the ride went down again. The finally got it up again around quarter to eleven and it seemed to be running smoothly. The big waterfall was on at first but was turned off by the time the opened and the smaller waterfall only had the lower half working. Additionaly the steam was MIA today.

ugh I had a fealing the steam effect would stop working by the time I got to ride it :( . I hope it doesnt end up like the hoping bunny on Splash Mountain and the moving Carnotaur on Countdown to extinction.

LeahsDad

The caboose on the track....

I didn't understand your post until you just quoted me -- lol THAT track (fake track).

Anywho ... the fake track to the left and above the yeti (the one he's ripped in half) -- when you enter the area it looks like there is a caboose there on the track leaving.

Anyone else see this?

I believe the caboose leaving the track is supposed to be the train the rider is on. The shadow of the Yeti and the tracks he rips is supposed to be the shadow of the Yeti BEHIND the train you are on, ripping the tracks behind you and forcing you to continue forward. That's what I think that they were trying to accomplish with the projection scene.

Leah's Dad

Jose Eber

Original Poster
peter11435 said:
...Additionally the steam was MIA today.

Yah, the steam has been sort of hit and miss -- its fun though when its on.

Is the half water fall in the back going to be a permanent thing -- or was it ever on up top there to begin with, now I forget.

Since DAK cast previews never NOT seen the front waterfall all on hmph.

Thanks for the report Peter,

J.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Leah's Dad said:
I believe the caboose leaving the track is supposed to be the train the rider is on. The shadow of the Yeti and the tracks he rips is supposed to be the shadow of the Yeti BEHIND the train you are on, ripping the tracks behind you and forcing you to continue forward. That's what I think that they were trying to accomplish with the projection scene.

Leah's Dad

I'm not talking about the projection scene, but the physical AA yeti scene with the physical tack all torn.

Captain Hank

patsfan567 said:
im heading over to my sisters house on the weekend and we are going to disney and was wondering if Everest will be open for some previews?
More than likely, yes. Barring any unforseen technical difficulties, they're making every attempt to have Everest open every day.

BwanaBob

As mentioned here many times before ... and as the case with MANY of the soft-openings of new attractions...

It is safe to assume that the 'effects-not-working' are somewhat planned and/or intentional.

Everything passes the standard tests (ie: 72 hr... all the previews...) and now we have a beautiful 2-month window to add things and work out any kinks before the masses are invited.

Breath easily. What you are witnessing is normal.

NORMAL!

Bwana-"takin' a Valium for the team"-Bob

sorry. I just had to add that!

BwanaBob

sillyspook13 said:
silly "who needs coffee when you have this?" spook13:lol:
Of course, you realize...

This is gonna take-over even bigger than Gordon pronouncing some of us majestrate in his royal court!

What in the hell have we started?!?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Notes from 2/5...

Twas open, though down for a while due to tech difs. I got me some Yeti plush :)

At the viewing area for the big drop - it's obviously meant to be a water feature. It plays animal sounds and gurgling stream sounds and there's a rock bed just awaiting water. It was funny to hear water without there being water.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
You know I was wondering what that drone was -- it went off when there was technical difficulties. But that dull noise was back on after the ride was all up and running.

I personally wish there was water by the temple area -- that at lease looks easier to fill/manage.

I'm all for more water!

J.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You sure you're not confusing the weirdo area music Jose?
The gurgling stream is only able to be heard right at the viewing spot outside the giftshop.

The area music has this loud metallic droning - I don't want to call it a song - that can best be describied at the symphony of someone whacking a sheet of tin with a hammer about half a mile away.

It goes.. "Fwing... fwing... fwing.. fwing-fwing... fwing... fwing-fwing-fwing"

I'm thinking that's what you heard, an that song came on this morning jsut as they managed to lower the handrail on the lift and started the trains cycling again. I thought it was the ride, but then i walked right by a speaker and figured out it was part of the audio loop.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I think I know a temple bell from a drone!

Where I was standing was outside the gift shop, looking up at the mountain (the coaster 'coasts on by'), and from the trees or something in front of you, you can hear this noise -- you might call it a gurgling stream noise -- but to me it just sounded like white noise.

Maybe I'll have to give it a better listen. But it went off when the ride was in trouble then went back on.

It was like a soft hush or static.

I'll have to double check now.

J.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Yup, that's the stream - and if that other noise was a tepmle bell.. wow.. well, atleast it came from the transformer-look-alike-speakers because it sounded like the power trying to come back on.

It has little bird sounds and such in it too. Just look down, not at the coaster, and you'll see the streambed awaitin water plain as day.

Merf - Great Discoverer of Unfinished Water Features (I found the one outside the "new" Land pavilion too and no one beleived me at first.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom