EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Hey, y'all.

Well, as Peter posted, the walls are all down and today was the first day the ride unofficially officially opened. I.e... anyone can ride it now. (Yesterday only resort guests could). I had heard rumors that tomorrow was the first day for anyone to ride it, heard yesterday so...now you know.

They've added a new image to the 'new magic' signs and so its obvious that the attraction is open...the ride is on the maps the guests have (but not on the big board, like Peter posted, even though there is a little sign up).

Its a VERY successful opening day. The ride time was up (and over) 150 minutes. CRAZY! We are in a pretty 'low' season of attendance. Of course I only ride during the last hour or so (another three rides in 20 minutes!!) so I didn't get to experience the thrill of waiting over 2 hours for a ride.

I've noticed a few changes.

1) (and this is bad actually for me). They've added more light on the Yeti. it looks not so professional imo. The lighting before was PERFECT and even better a night (because your eyes adjusted). Now you have this bright spot on the yeti. .. . not so good

2) a good adjustment -- maybe its me (after riding 25 times -- do you really gauge things accurately?) but the first pause while the track spins behind you has shortened significantly. Its a lot quicker now. Even the second pause is quick.

3) I'm still favoring the last row -- you get a real broad range of G's, some nice 0 g's... and eliminate the chances of having 10 year old girls scream behind you in your ear and make you deaf.

So that's my take...no pics -- am just enjoying the ride while I can...I'm very disappointed by the new lighting adjustment and hope they turn that spot off or adjust it for night rides --- but I'm thumbs up for the seemingly quicker transitions.

Also -- has anyone noticed something on the rails by the yeti at all when you enter the chamber (might have been discussed already, sorry, didn't search :kiss: ).

J.

EDIT: today was my first ride during a 'warmer' day -- and I noticed the chilled air in the Yeti room, but not in the Yeti projection room.

imagineersrock

Jose Eber said:
Hey, y'all.

Well, as Peter posted, the walls are all down and today was the first day the ride unofficially officially opened. I.e... anyone can ride it now. (Yesterday only resort guests could). I had heard rumors that tomorrow was the first day for anyone to ride it, heard yesterday so...now you know.

They've added a new image to the 'new magic' signs and so its obvious that the attraction is open...the ride is on the maps the guests have (but not on the big board, like Peter posted, even though there is a little sign up).

Its a VERY successful opening day. The ride time was up (and over) 150 minutes. CRAZY! We are in a pretty 'low' season of attendance. Of course I only ride during the last hour or so (another three rides in 20 minutes!!) so I didn't get to experience the thrill of waiting over 2 hours for a ride.

I've noticed a few changes.

1) (and this is bad actually for me). They've added more light on the Yeti. it looks not so professional imo. The lighting before was PERFECT and even better a night (because your eyes adjusted). Now you have this bright spot on the yeti. .. . not so good

2) a good adjustment -- maybe its me (after riding 25 times -- do you really gauge things accurately?) but the first pause while the track spins behind you has shortened significantly. Its a lot quicker now. Even the second pause is quick.

3) I'm still favoring the last row -- you get a real broad range of G's, some nice 0 g's... and eliminate the chances of having 10 year old girls scream behind you in your ear and make you deaf.

So that's my take...no pics -- am just enjoying the ride while I can...I'm very disappointed by the new lighting adjustment and hope they turn that spot off or adjust it for night rides --- but I'm thumbs up for the seemingly quicker transitions.

Also -- has anyone noticed something on the rails by the yeti at all when you enter the chamber (might have been discussed already, sorry, didn't search :kiss: ).

J.

EDIT: today was my first ride during a 'warmer' day -- and I noticed the chilled air in the Yeti room, but not in the Yeti projection room.
He lives!

Thanks for the update, Jose... I'm anxious to see the area in person without the walls.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
About the lighting change - i suspect if it's really bright and ugly, that it's moreso a temporary than intentional thing. Disney tends to use hards gels for their lights (they last longer than the flimsy syran-wrap type gels most theatrical productions use), and being new, sometimes a gel like that will burn out (typically the flimsy ones) or crack (the hard ones) once exposed to the actual "show" light for an extended period.

Or, someone griped that they couldn't see the Yeti. You never know.

Jose - my other half wants to ride and we have time to go this weekend (Between show schedules we both have 12 hours off consecutively!) this be like M:S without weekend opening or is it worth a try to check out?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Jose - my other half wants to ride and we have time to go this weekend (Between show schedules we both have 12 hours off consecutively!) this be like M:S without weekend opening or is it worth a try to check out?

Personally, I'm all about hitting the ride an hour or half hour before the park closes. Today I was told the ride was crazy busy -- but at the end if the day, its nearly a walk on.

I think the ride is worth checking out with a next to 0 wait.

That's just my opinion though.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Eek, i sorta misphrased my question...

Retry..

Will EE be open on weekends or be like M:S which had weekday only previews for a while?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Sorry, I did get a little confused with the question but didn't ask you to clarify -- from what I've heard -- its open now completely/permanently -- days and weekends etc.

peter11435

Jose Eber said:
Personally, I'm all about hitting the ride an hour or half hour before the park closes. Today I was told the ride was crazy busy -- but at the end if the day, its nearly a walk on.

I think the ride is worth checking out with a next to 0 wait.

That's just my opinion though.
All I know is that when I left at 11:15 the sign said 5 minutes.

ballewclan

Jose Eber said:
Also -- has anyone noticed something on the rails by the yeti at all when you enter the chamber (might have been discussed already, sorry, didn't search)

Eh i know i already asked but please explain! lol :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Jose Eber said:
Sorry, I did get a little confused with the question but didn't ask you to clarify -- from what I've heard -- its open now completely/permanently -- days and weekends etc.

Hmm, well - if anything i'll be one of the first to find out ;)

Now to decide between a moderate and a value for the weekend...

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I didn't understand your post until you just quoted me -- lol :hammer: THAT track (fake track).

Anywho ... the fake track to the left and above the yeti (the one he's ripped in half) -- when you enter the area it looks like there is a caboose there on the track leaving.

Anyone else see this?

Also -- on the passholder preview they covered up the photo pass sign (or removed it actually) and covered that area with masks.

Can't wait for an onride pick!

ballewclan

Jose Eber said:
I didn't understand your post until you just quoted me -- lol :hammer: THAT track (fake track).

Anywho ... the fake track to the left and above the yeti (the one he's ripped in half) -- when you enter the area it looks like there is a caboose there on the track leaving.

Anyone else see this?

Also -- on the passholder preview they covered up the photo pass sign (or removed it actually) and covered that area with masks.

Can't wait for an onride pick!

OH okay, well i dont know anything about the actualy inside part of the ride yet (im avoiding all pictures/videos) except from writing but that sounds cool! Like so a train is leaving?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Also:

Today I noticed the top half of the rear waterfall was turned off with the lower half 'on'.

It was kinda windy there at the end, and you could tell that there was quite an issue with the front waterfall as the breakzone before unload was wet.

J.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
O.k., sorry about this...keep remembering things.

The smoke still works (hooray!) but I noticed that the lap bars are already showing serious wear -- there are some chunks of foam missing on the thigh pads.

J.

ballewclan

Jose Eber said:
O.k., sorry about this...keep remembering things.

The smoke still works (hooray!) but I noticed that the lap bars are already showing serious wear -- there are some chunks of foam missing on the thigh pads.

J.

Whoa, chunks...they'll have to find a remedy to that, what about the hard plastic uncomfortable type of round foamish looking thing that goes over the metal bars...hm i dont know. haha :p

imagineersrock

Jose Eber said:
...from what I've heard -- its open now completely/permanently -- days and weekends etc.

That only makes sense, considering the massive amount of promotional stuff that seems to have appeared over night... In park: walls are down, new HCOE signs, and Everest on the Tip Board. Outside the park: Billboards popping up everywhere, and in the hotels it is being advertised in the informational brochures given to you at Check-in ...also, Everest has made it to resort TV ---Really neat commercial!

In my opinion, from now on count on this thing being open. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom