EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Yah, there is a lot of rock work there -- but I'm not sure its meant for water, but a recreation of an alluvial flood plain or fan.

Personally, I'd love to see water by that monkey/temple area.

imagineersrock

Ever since I first saw it, I assumed water should be running down that area, I just haven't seen it "on" yet... just like the area that runs through the queue.

rainfully

Rode Everest today, and I could NOT see the Yeti... lighting was EXTREMELY dim and couldn't see it except for a small flash right as you go under it. Seriously hoping they're just experimenting with the lighting and it's not a permanent change... liked the lighting durring the previews better.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
rainfully said:
Rode Everest today, and I could NOT see the Yeti... lighting was EXTREMELY dim and couldn't see it except for a small flash right as you go under it. Seriously hoping they're just experimenting with the lighting and it's not a permanent change... liked the lighting durring the previews better.

Rode ten times today, saw him every time... You must have caught an off train.

OmegaKnight

rainfully said:
It is actually the alternate show that Disney uses when the yeti AA doesn't work properly

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
orlandorealtor said:
was the steam effect working?

At least when I was paying attention it was... DS10 was fanning his way through the steam to get into the last row on the train [the best spot as far as we think].

To be honest I was not paying attention every time.

Oh, and the mist was on and the yeti was working well all day.

lnsemsf

How have the standby wait times been recently? Also is fastpasss running on it and what time are they stopping the distribution of new tickets? Just curious for some shortly upcoming visits.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
lnsemsf said:
How have the standby wait times been recently? Also is fastpasss running on it and what time are they stopping the distribution of new tickets? Just curious for some shortly upcoming visits.

Longest posted stand by time I saw today was 40, but it took less than twenty to go through. Longest we waited was probably a half hour, but that was because there was a train stopped on the lift hill.

sillyspook13

Saturday it was pretty dreary all day with rain in the forecast (only rained in the morning) so the highest wait time was about 20 minutes. Yesterday it was pretty busy with wait times 40-50 minuted all day.

I heard today was slammed, but I only work weekends so I can't give a report on wait times.

OmegaKnight

The longest wait times for the ride were on Sunday, when they approached 60 minutes at one point. FastPass has been running daily and guests are continually commenting on how fast the operations team is moving them through the queue and onto the ride. The posted wait time at the entrance is usually longer than how long it is taking to get to the ride, which is definitely a good thing.

EpcotServo

Jose Eber said:
Yah, there is a lot of rock work there -- but I'm not sure its meant for water, but a recreation of an alluvial flood plain or fan.

Personally, I'd love to see water by that monkey/temple area.
There will be. It's like The Land river. They are too busy on getting the main stuff workin' perfect to fill it in. By April that will be filled in with a water feature. As for a engine behind the Yeti, I don't think there is one. You're supposed to be the only train on the mountain. Today the Yeti was running the strobe light show all day. It's pretty neat to see, and alot more scary than the normal show. the Yeti is just plain awesome no matter how you see him...

rainfully

MontyMon said:
Rode ten times today, saw him every time... You must have caught an off train.

I rode it 3 times... you can see the yeti but not very well... MUCH dimmer than the preview for CMs and APs. You can't see the movement as much as you could on the previews. It was just short flashes of light right as your train runs under him.

imagineersrock

lnsemsf said:
Sunday morning we got in line around 11:00 with a posted wait time of 40mins, and fastpass was from 2:30-3:30... but only waited around 30 though. Kudos to that Everest opening team... what a great job they are doing at getting people through that line.

peter11435

rainfully said:
I rode it 3 times... you can see the yeti but not very well... MUCH dimmer than the preview for CMs and APs. You can't see the movement as much as you could on the previews. It was just short flashes of light right as your train runs under him.
That is because the Yeti was not working when you were on the ride. I saw the same thing yesterday as well. They have a seperate show for the Yeti sen when he is not working. It is essentially just s trobe lights on the figure so that you can't tell he is not moving.

Legacy

peter11435 said:
That is because the Yeti was not working when you were on the ride. I saw the same thing yesterday as well. They have a seperate show for the Yeti sen when he is not working. It is essentially just s trobe lights on the figure so that you can't tell he is not moving.
That is probably the best thing I have heard about this attraction.

They actually developed a contengancy plan for when the yeti goes down.

Awesome.

peter11435

Legacy said:

Awesome.
Yeah, and its not to bad either. You really can't tell he is not moving. Although it is still far better when it is working properly.

Legacy said:

Awesome.

That is awesome. I never thought of something like that. No surprise they did. Very cool!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
MooseImagineer said:
jose, just wanted to let you know that I can't wait untill your podcast "really" starts, that will be sweet!:sohappy: :sohappy:
Da Moose

Well, I'd appreciate input for episode content. I'm thinking one focused on Everest is a given?

J.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom