EE Update Feature

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
here's some of what the nice media person told me:

The circuit of the east side of AK.
To the right are the animals of extinction, Dinoland; To the left are the animals of fantasy, that's the Beastly Kingdom. To the north are the animals of reality, that's Africa and Asia.

The Everest storyline: You've already booked an Expedition to seek the unknown person of Everest. Your fastpass is your permit(permits?) to ride ;) with the theming.

Certain Himalayan cultures believe that evil spirits reside in corners... and they also believe that red paint scares away evil spirits. Guess where red paint has beeb liberally applied :D You can see it outside, and it has been repeated inside.

Since it gets very cold in the Himalayas, you need to burn things to survive. The wealthier few can afford wood to burn, the others used dried dung. You can tell this thematically by the buildings... ie, the Shop owner would be the wealthiest hence he has the most wood on the top of his building (which is also the gift shop). Government officials would be somewhat less comfortable, so the permitting office (which is the main entrance)7 only has some wood on the roof.

mtb2005

Thanks for sharing that.:) One question. I remember someone telling me that it gets very cold once your in the mountain, is that true?

WDWFantasmic

mkt said:
here's some of what the nice media person told me:

The circuit of the east side of AK.
To the right are the animals of extinction, Dinoland; To the left are the animals of fantasy, that's the Beastly Kingdom. To the north are the animals of reality, that's Africa and Asia.

The Everest storyline: You've already booked an Expedition to seek the unknown person of Everest. Your fastpass is your permit(permits?) to ride ;) with the theming.

Certain Himalayan cultures believe that evil spirits reside in corners... and they also believe that red paint scares away evil spirits. Guess where red paint has beeb liberally applied :D You can see it outside, and it has been repeated inside.

Since it gets very cold in the Himalayas, you need to burn things to survive. The wealthier few can afford wood to burn, the others used dried dung. You can tell this thematically by the buildings... ie, the Shop owner would be the wealthiest hence he has the most wood on the top of his building (which is also the gift shop). Government officials would be somewhat less comfortable, so the permitting office (which is the main entrance)7 only has some wood on the roof.

Did you see the yeti?!:eek:

stitchcastle

mkt said:
that means that Everest IS Beastly Kingdom

no, it said to the "left" (<) and to the left is where Camp Minnie-Mickey is, and then north (^) are Africa and Asia and the to the right (>) is Dinoland.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
lol.

The detail shots of the train weren't mine! I edited them, that's all.

I put them up because I don't think many people have seen them.

mkt

Premium Member
stitchcastle said:
no, it said to the "left" (<) and to the left is where Camp Minnie-Mickey is, and then north (^) are Africa and Asia and the to the right (>) is Dinoland.

to the left of the east side of the park, which would place that as baestly kingdom.

mkt

Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
Well it sucks you have no pics or can't talk about the ride.

I'm just itching to get on it.
I don't like getting sources and friends in trouble. If you hadn't made mention to start with, I wouldn't have made any mention on this thread :)

There are secrets worth keeping ;)

btw- Celebration social events (ie- snowfall on a wednesday night) are a good way to get WDI staff to blab about anything... especially after buying them a few beverages at the Cafe

mkt

Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
Sorry I outed you. I thought you were having fun with Rosalin, didn't think you were serious.
tis ok...

next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I'll get you a Cider

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom