EE Update Feature

Lee

Adventurer
Jose Eber said:
Before I start MKT you have some explaining to do: Rosalin says you told her you already rode it! Where's the trip report!!?

He did WHAT!
I would SO hate to have to smack him around.
:fork:

Buried20KLeague

Jose Eber said:
The waterfall behind the mountain (from guest perspective right now) was on today, the one in front is on/off intermittently. Sometimes they have the mountaintop snow effect and fog effect working.

Pics later.

Jose (or Lee or Yensid or MKT or whoever), can you give me quick brief on what the snow effect actually does? I did a quick search and didn't find much... I'm curious.

And thanks for the routine updates. This has been QUITE the thread to follow. :wave:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Essentially its supposed to look like snow is blowing off the mountain. Better catch that effect soon. Doubt it will work for a long time (hope it does, see however Indiana Jones in Disneyland).

Its most likely well placed snow making machines (the bubble soap kind). I haven't seen the effect in person.

brertigger

Just returned from a trip to the World yesterday.
Outside Everest, they now have a cast member standing behind the half-wall to answer questions about the ride. The CM said they have ridden the ride already (they are on the opening team). They also said you go backwards for about 20 seconds at 40MPH. They were not testing the trains at the moment, but there were workers on tall ladders doing rock touchup, some others using levels in the queue area and others talking in the boarding area.

WDWFantasmic

brertigger said:
Just returned from a trip to the World yesterday.
Outside Everest, they now have a cast member standing behind the half-wall to answer questions about the ride. The CM said they have ridden the ride already (they are on the opening team). They also said you go backwards for about 20 seconds at 40MPH. They were not testing the trains at the moment, but there were workers on tall ladders doing rock touchup, some others using levels in the queue area and others talking in the boarding area.

Those people are so lucky!!! I can't wait to ride it.:zipit:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
Before I start MKT you have some explaining to do: Rosalin says you told her you already rode it! Where's the trip report!!?

I've been forbidden from talking about it on the internet, and given the clout my contact that allowed me on has, I don't wanna ruffle feathers.. If you've got questions Jose, you know how to get a hold of me offline :)

That is all

Lee

Adventurer
mkt said:
I've been forbidden from talking about it on the internet, and given the clout my contact that allowed me on has, I don't wanna ruffle feathers..

So...like...Rob has some stroke at WDW now? Nice.:D

And...a detailed pm would rule.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Sorry to be vague, but this is probably as much as I can post about my experience. I enjoyed it very much, it looks like a completed attraction should, albeit with some rough edges and detail work still remaining to be completed. It is not a roller coaster in the Cedar Point vein, it is a fully thought out attraction that happens to encompass a roller coaster as part of its show. It is 100% a true Disney attraction.

peter11435

mkt said:
Sorry to be vague, but this is probably as much as I can post about my experience. I enjoyed it very much, it looks like a completed attraction should, albeit with some rough edges and detail work still remaining to be completed. It is not a roller coaster in the Cedar Point vein, it is a fully thought out attraction that happens to encompass a roller coaster as part of its show. It is 100% a true Disney attraction.
Thanks.

WDWFantasmic

mkt said:

Did you think it was thrilling and how does it compare with Disney's previous classics? E.g Splash Mountain, ToT

peter11435

WDWFantasmic said:
Did you think it was thrilling and how does it compare with Disney's previous classics? E.g Splash Mountain, ToT
Why don't you just leave MKT alone. I'm sure he has already given us as much info as he feels he can.

dxwwf3

mkt said:

That sums up all I wanted to know at this point. Congrats on the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom