EE Update Feature

peter11435

WDWFantasmic said:
That's cool...it would be nice if there was music in the ride but since there are no speakers or "singing animals", I'm guessing there won't be any music.:(
There is no way of knowing that yet. There still may be speakers along the ride path. However I doubt there will be too much music, as it would distract from the theme. I’m sure there will be some type of audio on the ride.

WDWFantasmic

Does anyone think Expedition Everest will be cloned like so many great E-tickets? Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, BTMR, Soarin, ToT, RnRc have all been cloned at other Disney parks so is it only a matter of time before they build a ride like this at another Disney park?

peter11435

WDWFantasmic said:
Does anyone think Expedition Everest will be cloned like so many great E-tickets? Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, BTMR, Soarin, ToT, RnRc have all been cloned at other Disney parks so is it only a matter of time before they build a ride like this at another Disney park?
I don't think it will be cloned for the same reason that Test Track, and the Safari have not been cloned. While they are both very popular rides they would not fit theme wise anywhere else.

dxwwf3

peter11435 said:
I don't think it will be cloned for the same reason that Test Track, and the Safari have not been cloned. While they are both very popular rides they would not fit theme wise anywhere else.

I don't know. Couldn't they retheme it easily to become a 21st century Matterhorn for a Magic Kingdom park around the world? I am not familiar with the other Fantasyland's but I think that it could work at our FL in the old 20K spot (if there was enough room). Basically what I'm saying is that couldn't they just make a different mountain with a different theme and the same track layout?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
FYI Waterfall is on. Someone text messaged my email account (how they did this I have no idea -- it was creepy) and said they saw it running and have a video of it....so...there you go! Video soon of the waterfall!

the text message twas I Jose ;)

the video is pretty bad though... i haven't gone through the photos yet. I'm heading out now, I'll post the pics in my own thread should they be even ok

WDWFantasmic

dxwwf3 said:
I don't know. Couldn't they retheme it easily to become a 21st century Matterhorn for a Magic Kingdom park around the world? I am not familiar with the other Fantasyland's but I think that it could work at our FL in the old 20K spot (if there was enough room). Basically what I'm saying is that couldn't they just make a different mountain with a different theme and the same track layout?

But then the Matterhorn mountain would have to be much bigger to be able to fit the track layout. And they would have to use bobsled cars which would not work on the backwards sections. The yeti could easily be changed to the abominable snowman. IMO, I think this would be a terrible idea because it would be lacking in the Everest theming, and it just wouldn't work very well as they would probably skip the village+backwards sections+the big drop. The bobsled cars don't work on those kind of tracks.

dxwwf3

WDWFantasmic said:
But then the Matterhorn mountain would have to be much bigger to be able to fit the track layout. And they would have to use bobsled cars which would not work on the backwards sections. The yeti could easily be changed to the abominable snowman. IMO, I think this would be a terrible idea because it would be lacking in the Everest theming, and it just wouldn't work very well as they would probably skip the village+backwards sections+the big drop. The bobsled cars don't work on those kind of tracks.

You missed my point.

dxwwf3

WDWFantasmic said:
Sorry, I misread your quote. Forget what I said.

It's ok. I probably wasn't clear enough anyways. What I was trying to say was that it seems that EE could easily be morphed into another story in another park. Of course, I could be wrong too.

WDWFantasmic

mkt said:
the text message twas I Jose ;)

the video is pretty bad though... i haven't gone through the photos yet. I'm heading out now, I'll post the pics in my own thread should they be even ok

I can't wait for those pictures!:D

Yen_Sid1

peter11435 said:
There is no way of knowing that yet. There still may be speakers along the ride path. However I doubt there will be too much music, as it would distract from the theme. I’m sure there will be some type of audio on the ride.

All I heard so far is just a bunch of sound effects: a train whistle, wind noise, birds shrieking, train noises, and the Yeti growling with a subwoofer that rumbles the whole backstage area.

mtb2005

Jose Eber said:
Here's some close up shots of the cars:

Image-1CBC9C0A71DF11DA.jpg

Image-1CBCB5BE71DF11DA.jpg

In the second picture the circles on the back of the seats. They look like speakers.

WDWFantasmic

Yen_Sid1 said:
All I heard so far is just a bunch of sound effects: a train whistle, wind noise, birds shrieking, train noises, and the Yeti growling with a subwoofer that rumbles the whole backstage area.

Birds shrieking?!:eek: That's the first time I heard of this sound effect and thanks for sharing!:) I think they should have added some vulture animatronics...:lol: Rides like Splash or POTC have like a hundred animatronics.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
This has already been discussed!

There are no on board speakers. The seats backs are far too shallow.

There is however music (a bell/gong) in the lift section when you pass under a monastery of sorts.

WDWFantasmic

Jose Eber said:
This has already been discussed!

There are no on board speakers. The seats backs are far too shallow.

There is however music (a bell/gong) in the lift section when you pass under a monastery of sorts.

I love how they got the lift to pass through the fortress! Nice to see they added sound effects in there.:)

Jose Eber

Original Poster
How they do that!

Hey, has anyone on the boards talked about how the track actually 'switches'?

I just noticed it, and it took me a while to see how they do it...but there are no 'switches' involved. Its rotation. The track spins in axis.

If you see the above photo, you'll realize that they can weld the exact same track underneath.

Taking a look at some pics from Orlando Rocks, you can actually see two tracks welded to a large tubular steel beam.

Whoah.

Image-D45BA018738311DA.jpg

Image-D45C5537738311DA.jpg

Image-D45CEC5A738311DA.jpg

Image-D45E936F738311DA.jpg

EDIT: See how the last pic you can see an upside down track bending out from underneath the straight (right side up) track?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom