EE Update Feature

wannab@dis

BwanaBob said:
Simple, and most logical solution...that is probably already budgeted: Intermittent and varying tree-line, with ride building painted "Go-Away-Green".

That same thing has been said several times... but it doesn't help. The complainers will continue and I'm sure they'll complain about the hue of the paint used.... :rolleyes:

gniko21

gniko21

viewtoakill.jpg

The touristas will just think there's a big ol' building obscuring their view of that awesome looking mountain and not give it another thought.

Whatever happened to 'why don't we wait until they're finished with the thing before we waste any more time & energy fretting over this'?

IMVeryHO

Jose Eber

Original Poster
today's update November 30'th

Well today was interesting!

Got to meet up with Joe Rohde.

Joe Rohde is in town and apparently was working/talking to some members of the press.

According the a specific member of the press, it looks like technical rehearsals (where the public is allowed on, like they did in Soarin) will be mid February ish.

Met the woman in charge of paint -- noticed some of her work today -- the dark ceilings wherever the train went -- those are new.

What else: no waterfall action -- sorry.

Looks like they are installing the fastpass clocks, slowly and carefully.

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

This is new: the banner.
IMAG0037.jpg

imag0038_128.jpg

imag0039_291.jpg

animal_king1990

Trufan said:
Do you have a clue about anything?

Because of that comment and many others, I'm leaving this site for good!:mad: Farewell, and goodbye. I hope this goes on your conscience for insulting a member to the point that he cannot take it anymore.:fork:

CTXRover

Awesome photos there Jose. Its pretty darn cool to see the almost legendary Joe Rhode in front of his growing masterpiece of a mountain.

I can't resist, but in terms of seeing the back wall of Everest. Looks to me that simply a few more trees or bamboo shoots along the entrance road would solve any and all problems from that angle. The tree line at that point is pretty sparse compared to the thick vegatation a little bit down the way. Whether they bother or not with hiding it more doesn't bother me. I've been able to see Dinosaur's building from the parking lot since the park opened and can see many of Epcot's backstage buildings from the parking lot or the backside of the World Showcase buildings from the road that runs behind it. Doesn't seem like a big deal. Like the Soarin' building "controversy", once the ride opens, it'll all be forgotten.

Tim G

animal_king1990 said:
Because of that comment and many others, I'm leaving this site for good!:mad: Farewell, and goodbye. I hope this goes on your conscience for insulting a member to the point that he cannot take it anymore.:fork:
Maybe later, when you finally grow up, you'll understand... Hopefully

Ciao!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
CTXRover said:
Awesome photos there Jose. Its pretty darn cool to see the almost legendary Joe Rhode in front of his growing masterpiece of a mountain.

Joe was fun to talk to about the attraction.

I don't know if Bamboo will cover that. 35 feet isn't quite tall enough. But its close. Who knows what will happen. I swear, all it needs is a quick coat of paint -- I'm sure they are working on it, if not -- I won't sweat it...I'm getting in line for the tech. rehearsals!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Jose Eber said:
According the a specific member of the press, it looks like technical rehearsals (where the public is allowed on, like they did in Soarin) will be mid February ish.

Sigh! :veryconfu

All the teases about when they may or may not start letting guests ride are driving me crazy :p! [Admittedly a short drive :hammer:]

My son and I'll be there 4-11 Feb, but have no idea whether we'll have a shot at riding or not... :brick:

Oh well, we'll just drop by while we're there and look pathetic... Maybe some kind-hearted CM will take pity on our forlorn selves and let us on :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom