EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Terribly sorry.

Sorry folks for not updating, I'm still sick and, well, it was raining a good part of the day anyway today and I was just cutting everything too close. I did manage to get ONE photo. Its relevant to the bitchcourse (not discourse -- ha ha , get it? Aren't I hilarious?!) recently featured on this thread. I'm kidding, not everyone is guilty of being mean who's talked about the whole backside of EE issue.

But before I forget -- extra tid bit of the day (even though it is a bit obvious). Unlike the last E ticket attraction built at WDW (Soarin'), this one did not include a Single Riders lane in the construction of it. I asked if it was because people cheat -- seen so much of that at Blizzard Beach on the chair lift -- but the person in management who was helping the testers said it was more along the lines of not needing one. For a train of 34, you'll get your odd group size -- a 3 or a 5 person sized group, so getting a single, or fitting one in isn't the hardest to do.

Thought I'd add more fuel to the fire (I love it when everyone adds to the length of this thread. You make me feel so popular! ;) ). The photo I took today: i.e. everyone who drives into AK sees this view:

viewtoakill.jpg

bitchcuss.

LSUxStitch

HAHA @ expletives being used...

When I heard people complaining about the building, I did not realize it was that noticeable. I'm not going to complain because I know the ride will be worth it no matter what the show building looks like...If the inside of the ride was unfinished I can see a prblm, but if it is the outer..just take it as a grain of salt people!

speck76

LSUxStitch said:
HAHA @ expletives being used...

When I heard people complaining about the building, I did not realize it was that noticeable. I'm not going to complain because I know the ride will be worth it no matter what the show building looks like...If the inside of the ride was unfinished I can see a prblm, but if it is the outer..just take it as a grain of salt people!
it is only noticable to the 4 people that actually look at it.....most people are more concerned with getting into the park.

LSUxStitch

speck76 said:
it is only noticable to the 4 people that actually look at it.....most people are more concerned with getting into the park.

...or wondering which lane to drive in while wrapping around that huge parking lot lol. As many times as I have gone to that park, I still get confused sometimes...

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Come on! Use FIGHTING words!

Just kidding -- I see both sides of the issue (how diplomatic am I?!) I understand if Disney doesn't do anything, but I can see how people can have a problem with it. i.e. if just 1 person (and there is more than 1) sees a problem with it, there is then something to it. After all -- if it wasn't visible from guests -- some of us here wouldn't know to talk about it!

:hammer: :wave: :animwink: :dazzle: :lookaroun :veryconfu

dxwwf3

Jose Eber said:
Just kidding -- I see both sides of the issue (how diplomatic am I?!) I understand if Disney doesn't do anything, but I can see how people can have a problem with it. i.e. if just 1 person (and there is more than 1) sees a problem with it, there is then something to it.

You're not supposed to be able to see both sides of the story. It's not the WDWMagic way. :lol:

Just kidding of course and I agree with you completely.

RSoxNo1

The building is noticeable to everyone that enters the park. The path of the cars to their parking lot goes around the perimeter of the park, and that gives you the clear view you see in the picture.

I understand what people are looking at here... While you're in the park you can't tell, but while you're outside of the park, you can. Disney finished the exterior theming of Tower of Terror because it was in plain sight of guests that were outside of the park. As people on here have mentioned, that's still on stage. People don't complain about the Splash Mountain or Haunted Mansion buildings because we don't see them. However, if there were attractions that went by them (I'm not sure where they trains are at this point) they would either not be identified as the show buildings for these attractions, or they would be themed so as not to "destroy the magic".

Disney takes things like this very seriously, and although aimless dialogue on a web forum is harmless, people have sued Disney for less than finishing a themed attraction. I remember reading an article of how a guest was ushered back stage in an emergency, and a child saw a character w/o it's head on. The parents sued Disney for "ruining the magic" and traumatizing their child. Now, to think that anyone would sue Disney because their child was traumatized by seeing that Expedition Everest isn't a real mountain may seem rediculous, but never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Personally, I feel that the building as it currently stands, looks bad. I would prefer that they hide it in one way or another. I also understand that logistically the building is necessary and to cover it with disney rock would make any repairs on the Yeti animatronic very difficult. With the attraction's official opening only 5-6 months away, my guess is that the building will be masked with either trees or a forced perspective painting.

speck76

Jose Eber said:
Come on! Use FIGHTING words!

Just kidding -- I see both sides of the issue (how diplomatic am I?!) I understand if Disney doesn't do anything, but I can see how people can have a problem with it. i.e. if just 1 person (and there is more than 1) sees a problem with it, there is then something to it. After all -- if it wasn't visible from guests -- some of us here wouldn't know to talk about it!

:hammer: :wave: :animwink: :dazzle: :lookaroun :veryconfu

If people have an issue with this, their expectations are too high....perhaps that is why there is so much Disney-bashing on this site.

It's like....give me a break....DAK opened in 1998.....Asia a year later....then DINOLAND....they are finally investing a decent amount of money into the park, and building an E-ticket that is not a clone, not off-the-shelf, and looks to be a winner, and people are complaining about the BACK OF THE BUILDING.

animal_king1990

Jose Eber said:
Sorry folks for not updating, I'm still sick and, well, it was raining a good part of the day anyway today and I was just cutting everything too close. I did manage to get ONE photo. Its relevant to the bitchcourse (not discourse -- ha ha , get it? Aren't I hilarious?!) recently featured on this thread. I'm kidding, not everyone is guilty of being mean who's talked about the whole backside of EE issue.

But before I forget -- extra tid bit of the day (even though it is a bit obvious). Unlike the last E ticket attraction built at WDW (Soarin'), this one did not include a Single Riders lane in the construction of it. I asked if it was because people cheat -- seen so much of that at Blizzard Beach on the chair lift -- but the person in management who was helping the testers said it was more along the lines of not needing one. For a train of 34, you'll get your odd group size -- a 3 or a 5 person sized group, so getting a single, or fitting one in isn't the hardest to do.

Thought I'd add more fuel to the fire (I love it when everyone adds to the length of this thread. You make me feel so popular! ;) ). The photo I took today: i.e. everyone who drives into AK sees this view:

viewtoakill.jpg

bitchcuss.

Is that the back building? It's not that clear. Is it really a big deal when you're driving in?

imagineer boy

speck76 said:
It's like....give me a break....DAK opened in 1998.....Asia a year later....then DINOLAND....they are finally investing a decent amount of money into the park, and building an E-ticket that is not a clone, not off-the-shelf, and looks to be a winner, and people are complaining about the BACK OF THE BUILDING.

The problem with it is that it just ruins the illusion that its a real mountain. You don't see a really big unthemed ride building sticking out of the back of ToT do ya? People will see the back of the building in the parking lot, and that sticks in their memory when they ride it. And it just simply makes it alot less believable and takes alot of the awe out of it. Some tourists may be stupid, but they notice these things. They could atleast plant a bunch of tall trees that block the view of the mountain from the parking lot or something...

The_CEO

Even if they did paint the back whatever color people want, it is still going to stick out. Deal with it, don't look at that direction, your eyes should be on the road or car in front of you while driving anyways.. Disney wasnt going to build another half to have it not be seen in the park, what a waste! Oh and would you want to wait another 7 months for that to be built? I didn't think so.. So why not just stop the whining.

speck76

imagineer boy said:
The problem with it is that it just ruins the illusion that its a real mountain. You don't see a really big unthemed ride building sticking out of the back of ToT do ya? People will see the back of the building in the parking lot, and that sticks in their memory when they ride it. And it just simply makes it alot less believable and takes alot of the awe out of it. Some tourists may be stupid, but they notice these things. They could atleast plant a bunch of tall trees that block the view of the mountain from the parking lot or something...

It is not a real mountain, everyone that is tall enough to ride it will know it is not a real mountain......all they will care about is if the ride is enjoyable or not.

There are trees that block the VAST majority of the building....they are simply not tall enough yet to cover the entire building.

animal_king1990

RSoxNo1 said:
Personally, I feel that the building as it currently stands, looks bad. I would prefer that they hide it in one way or another. I also understand that logistically the building is necessary and to cover it with disney rock would make any repairs on the Yeti animatronic very difficult. With the attraction's official opening only 5-6 months away, my guess is that the building will be masked with either trees or a forced perspective painting.

Will painting it make it any better? It still doesn't give it the 3-D look of a mountain. It would still be a ugly flat painted surface. Looking at a colored flat surface would not make it look more like a mountain at all.

speck76

The_CEO said:
Even if they did paint the back whatever color people want, it is still going to stick out. Deal with it, don't look at that direction, your eyes should be on the road or car in front of you while driving anyways.. Disney wasnt going to build another half to have it not be seen in the park, what a waste! Oh and would you want to wait another 7 months for that to be built? I didn't think so.. So why not just stop the whining.

Perhaps WDW should just stop building new rides....people complain about everything that gets built anyway.

animal_king1990

speck76 said:
It is not a real mountain, everyone that is tall enough to ride it will know it is not a real mountain......all they will care about is if the ride is enjoyable or not.

There are trees that block the VAST majority of the building....they are simply not tall enough yet to cover the entire building.

Personally, I prefer the tree method. It fits with the nature theme and works much better at making it look good then the paint. At least the trees block the flat surface...:sohappy: But where are they gonna get 100 ft + trees?

The_CEO

I don't let the fact of a backstage area ruin my mood while riding any rides. When I do ride EE, knowing that there is a tan wall around the corner isn't going to phase me.. From what I know and have seen from the Yensid1 photos, it looks like the interior has rock work etc.. It isn't like on ROTM, where you launch into a warehouse...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom