EE Update Feature

animal_king1990

But they can still try to please the guests that are complaining. Disney are perfectionists, they make every last detail count. I'm sure they won't leave the wall if it can be seen by the majority of guests.

speck76

animal_king1990 said:
But they can still try to please the guests that are complaining. Disney are perfectionists, they make every last detail count. I'm sure they won't leave the wall if it can be seen by the majority of guests.

that is quite a misconception

The_CEO

I got news for you, the only people who are complaining are the ones who are just plain nit picky you know whats.... They will just laugh at you inside. Also do you really think that wall is going to hurt the rides reputation? Nope..

Jose Eber

Original Poster
....and complaining about people who complain does what now?.... ;)

JUST KIDDING kids...

To fuel one side of the argument about tourists being, um, not the sharpest bunch. While hanging out at (stalking?) EE there was a couple who were put back by all the work done on by EE and Discovery Island. They were all (and I kid you not, I am not making this up) "We remember taking a boat there years ago, and look how Disney has just put up all this stuff (commenting on EE and the rest of DAK).

Of course I had to probe them -- sure enough, my hunch was right -- they were talking about Discovery Island east of Contemporary north of Fort Wilderness.

So....NO, not all tourists are geniuses, but not all are unobservant either.

Commenting on the fake snow/ice a top the mountain -- its really impressive. It looks very, very realistic up close -- the gloss they used was near perfect.

CaptainMichael

Because I am extremely tired of this beaten to death complaint about the Everest wall, I say let's please move on to the original purpose of this thread which is to provide wonderful updates and pictures of Expedition Everest.

$1,000,000 to the first person who can get me a photo of the waterfalls running....................................j/k

The_CEO

I have 100% faith in this attraction, and I am sure Joe has taken care of every detail to tell this story the way it should be. I am thankful that there is even a mountain there!

speck76

The_CEO said:
I got news for you, the only people who are complaining are the ones who are just plain nit picky you know whats.... They will just laugh at you inside. Also do you really think that wall is going to hurt the rides reputation? Nope..

And it is not like SeaWorld and Universal are going to use the semi-if you look very carefully from parts of the parking lot-visable wall of EE as a way to advertise against DAK or WDW.

The_CEO

I always thought those threads based on which would be better, ROTM or EE were very funny to read..

Wasn't ROTM's budget 100,000,000 for both rides?

speck76

animal_king1990 said:
My mistake..what do you think then?

I think Disney builds the right attractions at the right time, and does the most possible with a budget which is based upon the return they will get off of their investment.

It is not about perfection, it is about $$$

WDW could build unthemed attractions like Cedar Point or Six Flags.....but then they would probably not get the same class of guests.......and not the same revenue either.

It is a balancing act....and they do it well.

speck76

The_CEO said:
I always thought those threads based on which would be better, ROTM or EE were very funny to read..

Wasn't ROTM's budget 100,000,000 for both rides?

no....65-70 million for BOTH

The_CEO

Well it shows disney invests more and gets more revenue back.. Am I wrong? Maybe.. But it just seems like the price of the ticket is worth more at a disney park than a competitors...

Good night gang.

animal_king1990

Doesn't Disney earn close to or more than a $1 million every day? Theoratically, they could use that to fix + improve small details like the back wall of EE. IMO, I think that they will not leave it as it is since people have complained.

CaptainMichael

animal_king1990 said:
Doesn't Disney earn close to or more than a $1 million every day? Theoratically, they could use that to fix + improve small details like the back wall of EE. IMO, I think that they will not leave it as it is since people have complained.
If Disney thinks that the wall is a problem, they will correct it. At this point, there is nothing we can or should do about it. Wait to see what happens. Hopefully the saved money will go to further refurbishment of Carousel of Progress or something else that is needy.

speck76

animal_king1990 said:

They have costs.....and they have investors that (much like Disney) expect a return on their investment....and they have debt.

Last year, the WDC earned $31.944Billion (roughly $87.5Million per day)

Their costs were $27.013Billion (roughly $74Million per day)

They paid $1.197Billion in Taxes (roughly $3.3Million per day)

So...they made a profit of $2.3Billion ($6.3Million per day)....on $87Billion in sales......as you can see, they are not "cheap"

In 2001, they LOST $158Million.....and just like you, they have to keep some money for years like 2001, or future park expansions, or things of this nature....and that is not even getting into their liabilities.....

BwanaBob

Guys and Gals...

I'm just as much a 'junkie' as the next guy.
To say that I will be very distraught because the ride building is showing if your looking at it from the parking lot?...PLEASE!

Frankly?... I don't give a damn if it's pink! I want a kick-a$$ E-ticket, at a park that desperately needs one, to keep MY sorry butt staying longer past the typical 6-hour mark!

Simple, and most logical solution...that is probably already budgeted:

Intermittent and varying tree-line, with ride building painted "Go-Away-Green".

I'm a purist to some extent...nonetheless, I've got a boat-load of better arguements that I'd rather have Disney spend their time and money in than to fancy-up the back of a 'visible' ride-building.

[/rant]

[/common sense!]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom