EE Update Feature

Tim G

speck76 said:
well....first off....by the look of the size of the show building, it is too large to properly theme and keep the scale of the front of the mountain consistant with the cosmetic overlay

second off......what a waste of money it would be
I rest my case...

wannab@dis

I don't get the whining about the lack of theming backstage. Think about it... they even use the terms "onstage" and "backstage". When was the last time you saw the theatre construct pretty sets for the backstage area? Or, when was the last time you saw a movie set or TV set that looked great outside of the view of the camera? You don't!

There's nothing wrong with theming the stage/attractions based on where the guests are SUPPOSED to be looking. It makes no sense to spend the money for backstage theming. :rolleyes:

stitchcastle

wannab@dis said:
I don't get the whining about the lack of theming backstage. Think about it... they even use the terms "onstage" and "backstage". When was the last time you saw the theatre construct pretty sets for the backstage area? Or, when was the last time you saw a movie set or TV set that looked great outside of the view of the camera? You don't!

There's nothing wrong with theming the stage/attractions based on where the guests are SUPPOSED to be looking. It makes no sense to spend the money for backstage theming. :rolleyes:

finally someone who gets it

Skylor

Uhm... You guys do not get it.
Anything a guest can see is On-Stage.

From entering the AK parking lot, you see this HUGE 5 story building that has some kind of trash thats been scattered on one side of it(which from inside the park you notice it's a mountain). It looks trashy, and I can see it without goin out of my way. That is On-Stage. And something should be done about it.

end

speck76

Skylor said:

From entering the AK parking lot, you see this HUGE 5 story building that has some kind of trash thats been scattered on one side of it(which from inside the park you notice it's a mountain). It looks trashy, and I can see it without goin out of my way. That is On-Stage. And something should be done about it.

end
give the tree line between the parking lot and the park a few years to grow, it will not longer be an issue (and it will not take millions of dollars for this plan)

Tim G

Skylor said:

Ok... Give me about 3,5 million dollars and I'll theme it specially for you... will have it finished before this summer...

OK???

Can I send you my Bank account nr??? Or would you like to think it over first.
Contracts will be ready within 5 days... Just let me know...

wannab@dis

Skylor said:

end

No, you don't get it... anything a guest is SUPPOSED to see as part of the SHOW is onstage. Go watch a TV show broadcast with a live audience. You as the audience member will see all the sets, wires, cameras, lights, etc... but the intended view of the intended audience will be shown correctly. Same is true for EE, Splash, etc.

Just because something is in "view" from any spot does not mean it has to be "themed".

Tim G

animal_king1990 said:
Or they can just paint it to camouflage...:rolleyes:
Nope... If it should be done... you must do it right... a little village against the rocks maybe... couple of yaks... some sherpa's... and not to forget, a sitdown restaurant, but that would take a path from the front of the mountain all the way to the back...

animal_king1990

wannab@dis said:
No, you don't get it... anything a guest is SUPPOSED to see as part of the SHOW is onstage. Go watch a TV show broadcast with a live audience. You as the audience member will see all the sets, wires, cameras, lights, etc... but the intended view of the intended audience will be shown correctly. Same is true for EE, Splash, etc.

Just because something is in "view" from any spot does not mean it has to be "themed".

But there have been many complaints about the show building for EE as for Splash, there have been no complaints becuase the show building can't be seen.

wannab@dis

animal_king1990 said:
But there have been many complaints about the show building for EE as for Splash, there have been no complaints becuase the show building can't be seen.
No, there's been a couple of people doing all the complaining...

speck76

animal_king1990 said:
But people can still complain now. But you don't see anybody complaining about Splash now.

I 5 years....nobody will complain about the backside of EE....but they sure as hell will complain about whatever is being built in 5 years :(

animal_king1990

speck76 said:
I 5 years....nobody will complain about the backside of EE....but they sure as hell will complain about whatever is being built in 5 years :(

Basically every ride has a show building. It's only in EE's case that some people can see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom