EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Wow -- anyone watch the podcast? Beyond inadequate. These 'acrobats' do NOTHING but prance.

My goodness -- hire Cirque or someone!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member

Attachments

• everestad1_gif.gif
    everestad1_gif.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 67
  • everestad2_gif.gif
    everestad2_gif.gif
    30.4 KB · Views: 55
  • everestad3_gif.gif
    everestad3_gif.gif
    32 KB · Views: 59

magicstar01

compared to disneys usuall spectacular i was a bit let down when i watched it, still thought it was impressive i always try to keep at the back of my mind that its an advert not like a show or a ride like the whole idea though!:king:

orlandorealtor

A little EE update. It was open today. Wasn't in the best of shape (yes, I know it officially opens April 7th). The steam wasn't working, the mist was barely working in the tunnels, and the Yeti was in "B" mode. This "B" mode really makes for a very lackluster ride experience in my opinion.

I know it's in 'soft openings' but I really think with a ride that plugs a Yeti so much...it should only be open with the Yeti working. It's like looking at a preview of the Mona Lisa with no eyes and mouth. "Yeah..eh, it looked pretty good..."

Pongo

orlandorealtor said:
A little EE update. It was open today. Wasn't in the best of shape (yes, I know it officially opens April 7th). The steam wasn't working, the mist was barely working in the tunnels, and the Yeti was in "B" mode. This "B" mode really makes for a very lackluster ride experience in my opinion.

I know it's in 'soft openings' but I really think with a ride that plugs a Yeti so much...it should only be open with the Yeti working. It's like looking at a preview of the Mona Lisa with no eyes and mouth. "Yeah..eh, it looked pretty good..."

Wait, so what's B Mode?

yensidtlaw1969

orlandorealtor said:
It's like looking at a preview of the Mona Lisa with no eyes and mouth. "Yeah..eh, it looked pretty good..."
I have to say, that is the BEST analogy I have ever heard. EVER. really.

Really.

Ever.

Really ever.

Ever really.

Ever really ever.

Really ever really ever . . .

I'm gonna stop. Got carried away :veryconfu .

Yensid "really ever" tlaw1969

orlandorealtor

When the Yeti AA isn't working, they make the show area (tunnel) completely black. Then flash some strobe lights around the Yeti (from what I noticed...a few flashes behind it to move your attention to that area...then a few flashes in front to see it). The roaring appeared to be louder too. Someone once mentioned something about it's eyes glowing red...I went on twice and never noticed that.

With the flashes of light it turns the 6 seconds of normally seeing the Yeti down to .15 seconds. People still seemed to like the ride though...I'm sure without the Yeti it still beats a parking lot coaster at your local Six Flags. Which makes me wonder about future Yeti down times...and lengthy periods of "B" shows.

peter11435

Just back from a quick trip to Everest. I got on Everest once this morning with a FP. The Yeti was still not working and the steam was still missing. It is still a great ride but it's so much better with those working. Both waterfalls were working perfectly today though.

In other AK news I tried to see the 11:40 FOTLK show but after 15 minutes of being "temporarily delayed" they finally cancelled the show. If any one knows what was wrong I would love to know.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've always been suprised that more long running shows at theme parks don't get cancelled. I'd have to assume key people get sick from time to time and there occasionally has to be absenteeism problems. The folks at Disney must be so well organized and have so many back up plans for these shows. I've hardly ever seen one unexpectedly cancelled. Now that I think about - I'd really like to know why it was cancelled to. It might give an interesting clue into the organizational structure of a show like this.

imagineersrock

orlandorealtor said:
...Which makes me wonder about future Yeti down times...and lengthy periods of "B" shows.

This is what worries me.

I know many on this board have praised disney for having a "Plan B."

I'm not sure how I feel about it... Take a look at how long some of the dinos on "Dinosaur" or the finale of Kilimanjaro Safaris have gone without being fixed.

In my opinion, having a "Plan B" is nothing more than an excuse for not having to fix "Plan A".

I can see the maintenance guys now: "What's the rush? They have a 'Plan B' running, it can wait."

:brick:

wannab@dis

imagineersrock said:
In my opinion, having a "Plan B" is nothing more than an excuse for not having to fix "Plan A".

I can see the maintenance guys now: "What's the rush? They have a 'Plan B' running, it can wait."

:brick:

I can see the attraction CM now: "I'm sorry, the attraction is down and we can't run it right now. We're waiting on a problem to be fixed. How long? It may be down for several days. What? I'm sorry, I understand that you are only on a 5 day vacation."

Then, we'd see a post here...
Why couldn't Disney have a "Plan B" for when something doesn't work? It's inevitable that an AA or Special Effect is going to have problems. They shouldn't close the attraction when I'm there. :mad:

:brick: :brick: :brick:

imagineersrock

wannab@dis said:
I can see the attraction CM now: "I'm sorry, the attraction is down and we can't run it right now. We're waiting on a problem to be fixed. How long? It may be down for several days. What? I'm sorry, I understand that you are only on a 5 day vacation."

Then, we'd see a post here...
Why couldn't Disney have a "Plan B" for when something doesn't work? It's inevitable that an AA or Special Effect is going to have problems. They shouldn't close the attraction when I'm there. :mad:

:brick: :brick: :brick:
Haha... this is true as well.

Here is my only gripe with the "Plan B" thing...

In theory, the "Plan B" is great if used correctly. (i.e. Yeti stops working, they run Plan B for the rest of the afternoon, and have him fixed by the next day.)

However, IMO Maintenance has gone downhill more than any other department in recent years. Myself, as well as countless other Cast Members call things in that are in need of repair every single day, and aside from a few dedicated Maintenance people who really know how to get the job done, they simply ignore the problem.

If things in AK are anything like they are at my location, (and judging by the Dinosaur Dino's and the Safari finale---they are.) I can see them leaving the Yeti in "Plan B mode" for long periods of time with no real excuse.

peter11435

imagineersrock said:
Haha... this is true as well.

Here is my only gripe with the "Plan B" thing...

In theory, the "Plan B" is great if used correctly. (i.e. Yeti stops working, they run Plan B for the rest of the afternoon, and have him fixed by the next day.)

However, IMO Maintenance has gone downhill more than any other department in recent years. Myself, as well as countless other Cast Members call things in that are in need of repair every single day, and aside from a few dedicated Maintenance people who really know how to get the job done, they simply ignore the problem.

If things in AK are anything like they are at my location, (and judging by the Dinosaur Dino's and the Safari finale---they are.) I can see them leaving the Yeti in "Plan B mode" for long periods of time with no real excuse.
I understand you work at Epcot. Where exactly do you work.

orlandorealtor

Dinosaur is in awful shape. There are probably more effects that don't work now as ones that do. I remember one time, maybe last summer, after being on the rides countless times I saw an effect that I had never seen at all. Then the next week it was gone again.

At the end of the ride as you are approaching the hill that goes into the 're-entry hall' there was a lot of smoke and they used red lazers to create what looked like a huge window (back to our time). It looked awesome! Then it was gone.....again.

peter11435

orlandorealtor said:
Dinosaur is in awful shape. There are probably more effects that don't work now as ones that do. I remember one time, maybe last summer, after being on the rides countless times I saw an effect that I had never seen at all. Then the next week it was gone again.

At the end of the ride as you are approaching the hill that goes into the 're-entry hall' there was a lot of smoke and they used red lazers to create what looked like a huge window (back to our time). It looked awesome! Then it was gone.....again.
Yep. There is a frame of lasers that you should go through. There is also another frame of lasers that is supposed to surround the Igunadon (Sp?) at the end. Not to mention the missing fog at the beginning, the flying dinos, and the carno that should chase you.

dxwwf3

peter11435 said:
Yep. There is a frame of lasers that you should go through. There is also another frame of lasers that is supposed to surround the Igunadon (Sp?) at the end. Not to mention the missing fog at the beginning, the flying dinos, and the carno that should chase you.

None of those worked when I was there in December. Not a one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom