EE Update Feature

fundesign

Jose Eber said:
Wow, that was diplomatic. I should take lessons from you.

Fundesign -- one thing/question to add -- with your new ventures (the non-disney ones) -- you are being contracted out by another, larger company correct?

You aren't creating and owning your own entertainment venue/entity etc. right?

We were contracted for the largest of the projects. Not by large companies however. We are currently working on two products that we may own a substantial percentage. I also have a few potential jobs for park projects currently in development.

Funny thing happened today. I took a friend for his first ride on Everest today. While standing in line there was a kid eating cereal out of a cup...I kid you not. By the way, he loved the trains, the queue...but he was not impressed with the ride itself.

Legacy

fundesign said:
Funny thing happened today. I took a friend for his first ride on Everest today. While standing in line there was a kid eating cereal out of a cup...I kid you not. By the way, he loved the trains, the queue...but he was not impressed with the ride itself.
There it is, folks... proof that cereal is indeed what the public wants.

That's what they should do with the Wonders of Life... flip it upside down and fill it with cereal!

Kelloggs can sponsor!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Cereal and Yeti

How about a secondary attraction that ties in with EE? People could walk into a theatre and see "YETI gets up for breakfast." It would consist of one scene. You would see a kitchen with cartoonishly large appliances. The Yeti would enter through a door located on the right side of the stage. He would be wearing white terry cloth robe and scratching his nether regions. He would pour himself a giant cup o' joe open his pantry and pull out Cap'n Crunch (my choice for the Yeti's morning meal). He would then open his fridge and pull out a canister of milk located in the coldest region in the rear near the blower and quickly pour the milk on the cereal. He would mumble something about eating it fast before it lost its inherent crunchiness. Then he would open his cartoonishly large newspaper that was sitting on the counter. The headline would be about a train coming through the mountains. He would crossly comment, "Think they can build a train through my mountain, do they? I'll show them!" Then he would exit stage left. I hope someone in power reads this, arguably the greatest imagineering idea ever. :lookaroun

Legacy

ASJHLJ said:
How about a secondary attraction that ties in with EE? People could walk into a theatre and see "YETI gets up for breakfast." It would consist of one scene. You would see a kitchen with cartoonishly large appliances. The Yeti would enter through a door located on the right side of the stage. He would be wearing white terry cloth robe and scratching his nether regions. He would pour himself a giant cup o' joe open his pantry and pull out Cap'n Crunch (my choice for the Yeti's morning meal). He would then open his fridge and pull out a canister of milk located in the coldest region in the rear near the blower and quickly pour the milk on the cereal. He would mumble something about eating it fast before it lost its inherent crunchiness. Then he would open his cartoonishly large newspaper that was sitting on the counter. The headline would be about a train coming through the mountains. He would crossly comment, "Think they can build a train through my mountain, do they? I'll show them!" Then he would exit stage left. I hope someone in power reads this, arguably the greatest imagineering idea ever. :lookaroun
:sohappy:

What? It at least sounds better than Stitch's Great Escape...

BwanaBob

Legacy said:
There it is, folks... proof that cereal is indeed what the public wants.

That's what they should do with the Wonders of Life... flip it upside down and fill it with cereal!

Kelloggs can sponsor!
THAT... is frickin' hilarious!

:lol: :lol:

1stStarIC2nite

By the way, consider it your personal invitation, but on disneyeverest.com a little car now crashes down the track and says "be amoung the first to ride!" and then when you click it it basically says visit it now for a "sneak peak" before April. :king:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Update today:

Turns out the ride was open yesterday and today till 2 pm only. (Friday it was closed). Now as for Monday and Tuesday I heard two things

1) same hours of 9-2
2) not open at all.

Apparently they are working on covering up the light in the tunnel from beneath the tracks. So for some of you, that is good news. Personally, I would love to have low light levels and the ability to see the rockwork (if there is some).

Probably tack up some tarp or thick cloth I imagine as physically the building and track/supports are not connected.

Pics up later skater

K. (for kellogs).

Jose Eber

Original Poster
This is what I was talking about.
Clip%20212.jpg

Clip%2022.jpg

Clip%2021.jpg

yes, very intersting. and jose, as to your podcast I would reccommend going through each park with ride throughs and sights to see, since you are 1-1, you should keep series 1 animal kingdom, then have series 2 be the magic kingdom or somthing, you could go through all the resorts and parks. And I was wondering, what did you use do edit? (Final cut pro??)

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Hey thanks for the feedback...

My plans are to have Series 1 be about Everest. I want it to be moderately in depth. Series 2 might be a more common update series (like what is going on around the parks etc.). Those will be like short news clips? For example today I want to get out video of the wall that Peter mentioned a few days ago and a bit of the deconstruction around the stage nearby. Then Series 3, 4 etc about maybe other attractions I like, resorts I like etc?

I don't know. Seems kinda involved!! I was hoping for a once a month update, now it looks like a few every week!

Per editing -- I'm trying not to go Final Cut Pro -- but it might end up being that way. For now I use Motion, part of the Final Cut Studio Suite. The introductory episode was a combination of Motion and iMovie (blech -- want to redo the introductory episode).

Jose Eber

Original Poster
You actually don't need iTunes to watch my material.

Click on my name, select 'visit homepage' that will bring you to my hosting page, then just click 'listen' to the specific episode you want.

[not sure you are asking about iTunes though to get access to my material ;) ]

BTW Steve has told me not to advertise or link to my site so...wonder if I can even talk about it? :zipit:

He's o.k. with my linked pictures, just not my video :cry:

CaptainMichael

Jose Eber said:
You actually don't need iTunes to watch my material.

Click on my name, select 'visit homepage' that will bring you to my hosting page, then just click 'listen' to the specific episode you want.

[not sure you are asking about iTunes though to get access to my material ;) ]

BTW Steve has told me not to advertise or link to my site so...wonder if I can even talk about it? :zipit:

He's o.k. with my linked pictures, just not my video :cry:
Your homepage isn't working. I can't watch it there either. Frustrating!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Are you on Windows XP?

Try downloading quicktimes (bundled with iTunes) again.

Is your machine newish or oldish?

J.

Edit: Im' on a PC right now -- and it works for me....but it could be a fluke.

J.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I'll see if I can convert the file to something neutral like mpg and get it to you.

Otherwise, maybe if you are a student or have access to someone elses computer you can take a look at it for now.

J.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom