EE being vandalized before Grand Opening...

BwanaBob

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
Yes. His behavior is expected. No crime was committed.
It's still theft. Regardless if the Co. acknowledges the fact they will be stolen from time to time.

I know, I know. It's all factored-in. That's where the technology is... to produce them with minimal cost...

Doesn't make it right.

He's still an arsehole!

Epcot82Guy

yensidtlaw1969 said:
I'm trying to come up with a little spiel to say to anyone I see vandalizing anything at Expedtion Everest (I'll probably some up with something later that can apply to any and all attractions, but for now EE).

Right now I've got:

"Excuse me, I'm just curious, do you always feel compelled to destroy art, or is this just a Special Occasion, because people traveled across the world to bring back all this stuff so you can enjoy looking at it, not ripping it apart, and I'm sure any cast member or security guard would happily agree with me. In other words, hands off".

Anyone got anything to add?

Yensid "I speak my mind" tlaw1969

I would personally suggest making a huge production of it. Carry around a small tape player with game show music. When you see it, jump up next to them and say in your best gameshow host voice...
"HELLO, JACK___! Thanks for playing 'Be as Stupid as you can!' here at WDW!"
Then stamp his shirt with large red letters saying "I'm a Jack___". Finally, walk away with a smile Wink Martindale would be proud of.

Dizknee_Phreek

Epcot82Guy said:
I would personally suggest making a huge production of it. Carry around a small tape player with game show music. When you see it, jump up next to them and say in your best gameshow host voice...
"HELLO, JACK___! Thanks for playing 'Be as Stupid as you can!' here at WDW!"
Then stamp his shirt with large red letters saying "I'm a Jack___". Finally, walk away with a smile Wink Martindale would be proud of.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome!
I don't know about making it into a game show, but I definitely agree about making it a huge production. Friggin call them out in front of everyone. Let it be known how stupid these morons are being. Take lots of pictures with flashes. Do whatever you have to do to embarass these people. Show. No. Mercy. This is war, my friends, and should be treated as such.

1disneydood

Impersonate security, take them to the exit, rip up their ticket, and tell them to leave. If they ask for ID just punch them in the eye and say "there's my ******* ID, want to see it again?". :lol:

orlandorealtor

1disneydood said:
Impersonate security, take them to the exit, rip up their ticket, and tell them to leave. If they ask for ID just punch them in the eye and say "there's my ******* ID, want to see it again?". :lol:

That's the lite version of exactly what I was thinking.

Epcot82Guy

Dizknee_Phreek said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome!
Take lots of pictures with flashes. Do whatever you have to do to embarass these people. Show. No. Mercy. This is war, my friends, and should be treated as such.

That's another idea! Get the kids involved! Have your DS/DD point and say, "OOOOOOOOO. Look at the empty headed morons. And that's an untrained dingbat. They're an endangered species!" Then take lots of flash pictures of them for your albums. Get the people next to you to join in!

This thread is turning out to be a lot of fun! :drevil:

Enderikari

I would just shout out....

"Hey Everyone! These jerks are the reason you paid $70 to get in today! Let's get 'em!"

Everyone loves mob violence, right?

SpenceMan01

1disneydood said:

I totally laughed out loud to that one. I'm hearing it inmy head with a New York (ie: youse guys) accent.

Epcot82Guy said:
That's another idea! Get the kids involved! Have your DS/DD point and say, "OOOOOOOOO. Look at the empty headed morons. And that's an untrained dingbat. They're an endangered species!" Then take lots of flash pictures of them for your albums. Get the people next to you to join in!

This thread is turning out to be a lot of fun! :drevil:

I like that idea. Training kids to do stuff is fun. I can't wait until I have some of my own! :D

Maybe Scotty and MKT will run into Joe Rhode at AC again and they can notify him of this. Him and the Yeti somewhat look alike, maybe they have the same temper :goodnevil :D

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Bwana Bob,

the side profile of that person looks a LOT like the kids that were giving the greeter CM who I defended a hard time a few weeks back.

Would you mind letting me see the unedited pic?

Gucci65

Enderikari said:
I would just shout out....

"Hey Everyone! These jerks are the reason you paid $70 to get in today! Let's get 'em!"

Everyone loves mob violence, right?

I second this.

I did talk to someone on my last visit about smearing their GUM on the wall while we were waiting to get on TOT. Jerk!

Heatherbell

From those pics they look like young kids which I am assuming is doing most of the vandalizing (Sorry if I am offending anyone by assuming) Anyhow, where are the chaparones??? My mom would knock me over the head if she ever caught me doing something like that!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yensidtlaw1969 said:
I'm trying to come up with a little spiel to say to anyone I see vandalizing anything at Expedtion Everest (I'll probably some up with something later that can apply to any and all attractions, but for now EE).

Right now I've got:

"Excuse me, I'm just curious, do you always feel compelled to destroy art, or is this just a Special Occasion, because people traveled across the world to bring back all this stuff so you can enjoy looking at it, not ripping it apart, and I'm sure any cast member or security guard would happily agree with me. In other words, hands off".

Anyone got anything to add?

Yensid "I speak my mind" tlaw1969
I have a better idea. Forget the speech it will fall on deaf ears. All EE cast members and WDWmagic members will now be issued Tazers. We will begin patrolling the EE queue in groups of four starting tomorrow. Any person caught vandalizing arguably the best themed queue in all of WDW will be tazed and their unconscious body dumped into the Kali river rapids.:mad: :mad: :mad:

To far?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Heatherbell said:
From those pics they look like young kids which I am assuming is doing most of the vandalizing (Sorry if I am offending anyone by assuming) Anyhow, where are the chaparones??? My mom would knock me over the head if she ever caught me doing something like that!

Unfortunately, they look old enough to be unchaperoned. The "Let Teens Roam" thread is encouraging more parents to give their teens free time... God help my DS if I ever find "souvenirs" of rides on him! Hopefully, I've instilled enough respect in him it won't be an issue.

DisneyJill

Back to the water display being finished or not :lookaroun , why would they have put the spout in (in the pics, where it is coming out of the little drain area) if it was to remain dry? I can understand it looking dried up, but the spout would seem unnecessary if the whole dry creek is just for looks. The spout would be functional, yes? :veryconfu

peter11435

DisneyJill said:
Back to the water display being finished or not :lookaroun , why would they have put the spout in (in the pics, where it is coming out of the little drain area) if it was to remain dry? I can understand it looking dried up, but the spout would seem unnecessary if the whole dry creek is just for looks. The spout would be functional, yes? :veryconfu
I don't know if there will ever be water in there or not. But WDI would have put the spout in either way. Even if they want it to look old and dried up they will still want it to be authentic. Look at the old dried up broken fountain at ToT. even though they never intennded to have water in there they still have the pipes, the spouts, and the underwater lights.

DisneyJill

peter11435 said:
I don't know if there will ever be water in there or not. But WDI would have put the spout in either way. Even if they want it to look old and dried up they will still want it to be authentic. Look at the old dried up broken fountain at ToT. even though they never intennded to have water in there they still have the pipes, the spouts, and the underwater lights.

I guess what I meant (and didn't say very well) was that it looks more authentic to me to NOT have that spout and have it look like a natural waterway that has dried up. The spout adds the idea of functionality (is that a word?) to me, rather than just looking natural. Does that make any sense? :brick:

BiggerTigger

Make them pay

For all of these people that think that it is ok to deface, ruin, and or take from Disney should have to pay to have it cleaned, repaired, or replaced. None of this went in for free and none of this is going to be free to replace, so why should Disney, and in essence the paying public have to incure any more charges because of idiots like this. :mad:
Yes I too would love to take a ride home, if not just a piece, it doesn't mean I do it. I just buy it on mousesurplus.:lol: I am going to scoure the internet for violation tickets to hand out tho anyone I see defacing property. Maybe when it comes out of their pockets they may think twice about it.

EpcotServo

First of all, there will be water there. remember The Land? They were so busy fixing the inside and getting Soarin' up off it's feet to fill that little river in. Same thing here, once they have everything going right on EE, they'll fill it in. As for the queue damages, they'll be fixed before April as well. It makes me sad though, because everytime I'm in standby I see that everyone in the line has to mess with those chains! They just have to! Driven by some unknown force of stupidity, they have to pull on them. I've seen kids, teens, and very many adults doing this. We can't have nice things......:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom