Easter 2008 At The Magic Kingdom

SGT623

Original Poster
Here's a few pics from this morning at the Magic Kingdom. The ladies with their dogs and Mr. & Mrs. Easter bunny were back but the large group of pastel dressed ladies were not there like last year. Crowds were not bad for the first few hours, after that I headed to the Poly for some R&R! Happy Easter!

CIMG0170.jpg

CIMG0174.jpg

CIMG0178.jpg

CIMG0181.jpg

CIMG0171.jpg

CIMG0189b.jpg

CIMG0177.jpg

CIMG0179cr.jpg

CIMG0182.jpg

lpet11984

How generous of you to take the time to share some pictures with us while you're on vacation and on Easter Sunday-- Thank you, and a Happy Easter to you!

SGT623

Original Poster
How generous of you to take the time to share some pictures with us while you're on vacation and on Easter Sunday-- Thank you, and a Happy Easter to you!

Not on vacation, just off today and living next door. :)

Really, the crowds were not bad, walked right on the Haunted Mansion with no wait and small lines for most attractions this morning. After the first couple of hours though, it was the crowds you would have expected.

redfive13

So I guess it's safe to say that this won't be televised on ABC, right? I thought that they used to televise this parade? Am I wrong?

Atta83

the large group of ladies in the southernbelle styles /pastel dresses are the azalea trail maids from mobile, alabama who appear every year at the MK. they were there last year as well.

trentino

The Easter Parade at WDW has not been filmed for 10 years now. It was last filmed Easter 1998 and the hosts were Regis Philbin and Anne Jilian. Notice how I mention it was last "filmed". There was an Easter Parade broadcast in 1999 (the 15th Annual) with hosts Caroline Rhea and D.L. Hughley but it used re-edited footage filmed of the 1998 parade. I was in the background of many shots of the 1998 parade and was surprised to see myself along the route of the 1999 parade as well (in all different shots) even though I wasn't at Disney in 1999.

After 1999, there was no longer an Easter Parade either on television or in the parks. For a number of years they had an Easter pre-parade with a few of the floats but that was ended a few years back too. Still, every year we see people posting about how they just saw the parade on TV "last year" even though it's been almost a decade!

It's certainly disappointing to hear the loss of another long-standing Disney World Easter tradition. The Azalea Trail Maids have appeared at WDW on Easter for decades! This is the first year that I've heard of them not being invited to appear in the parade or on Main St. USA!

Figment1986

great photos.. knew something was missing from them, guess to see girls like the ones rom last year in their easter finest you have to go to cypress gardens...

t3techcom18

Crowds not so bad? That picture looking on main street to the castle shows some drastic crowds.

Trust me, it wasn't. I was working today over in Fantasyland and the ride wait for Snow White's was 20 the last time I went around there. Just a lot of clutter in the area. Very surprising for it being Easter and Spring Break peak time.

Hook's Girl

It's certainly disappointing to hear the loss of another long-standing Disney World Easter tradition. The Azalea Trail Maids have appeared at WDW on Easter for decades! This is the first year that I've heard of them not being invited to appear in the parade or on Main St. USA!

I did not have my camera but I can assure you that the Azalea Trail Maids were both on Main Street this morning and in both pre-parades this afternoon!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom