Easter 2008 At The Magic Kingdom

se8472

This is the first year that I've heard of them not being invited to appear in the parade or on Main St. USA!

as it has been said already the ladies where out and about in the early morning. I would guess around 8:30 - 9:30. Then back out during the pre-parade for both parades today.

I'm going to guess the OP did not get there until after 10pm just from looking at the pic's and left before the 12:30 parade.

spectropluto

IMG_2231.jpg

sweetpee_1993

I did not have my camera but I can assure you that the Azalea Trail Maids were both on Main Street this morning and in both pre-parades this afternoon!:)

Glad to hear they were there! My sis-in-law was an Azalea Trail Maid in 1988. She talks about the trip to WDW and how tough it was walking around and keeping up the appearances in the costume. I put it on for kicks waaaay back before I had kids and I can tell you the full get-up is very, very heavy, quite bulky, and impossible to sit in. Hubby just told me he remembers that his sister's dress w/hoop weighed 40 lbs. (I believe it because I was really huffing carrying the dress bag out of storage.) Also, a problem was when they would bend their knees to dip into a proper curtsy and then raise back up the dress would often suction down to the ground causing it to be even heavier to lift back up.

Easter sounds fun...crowds and all.

Is there a name for the group of ladies with the poodles? Curious. They seem interesting...

Spyne

Looks pretty crowded to me. Though big crowds are normal for Easter, no? Well, looked like a good Easter this year at the Magic Kingdom. :)

SGT623

Original Poster
The ladys were there today from about 9 am till 10 am and they were in the 12:30 and 3:30 parade

Glad to hear it! And sorry I just missed it on both ends! At least I saw them last year. Happy Easter Everyone! See you this Saturday Night at the WDWMAGIC meet!

spectropluto

ok ok... I'm being a goober and leaving this same pic on several threads... I just think it fits 'em all in one way or another!

HAPPY EASTER!
BunnyFix.jpg

RedGear

I love seeing other people's pictures. that was neat that they had poodles out on main street for easter, have they done that before?

Chape19714

The Maids emerged from Expo hall at around 7:55am, and finished thier set on Main Street around 9:30. They did appear in the pre-parades. Really fun day at work, so many guest stopped for photos with them.

trentino

Can someone who was there please describe what was done for the Easter pre-parade? It was the Trail Maids and what else?

RHeath2

I love seeing other people's pictures. that was neat that they had poodles out on main street for easter, have they done that before?

My parents got a laugh out of some of these pictures (as they are the proud owners of two miniature poodles). Interesting that they would have live animals other than the horses in the MK...

alilance

Lovely pics! Looked like fun! I totally forgot about the Easter Parade on TV. I use to love watching that when I was younger because they usually showed a new ride that was opening! I still watch the Christmas Parade :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom