News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

pdude81

Have we had any confirmation as to whether or not this new "perk" will apply to those who are not DVC members but rent points to stay in one of the DVC resorts? I would assume it would, but given the way Disney has tried to discourage the DVC resale market in the past several years, it also wouldn't surprise me if they limited this to people who are DVC owners and those who rent them as standard hotel rooms direct through Disney.
It seems clear to me that any deluxe resort or villa stay gets you the perk. Not membership, but the actual hotel room. If a blue card member stays at Pop Century I think they are shut out.

phillip9698

As somebody heading back in September, obviously I’m disappointed in the timing of, well, almost everything new coming, including the new early/extended hours. But I also understand that there has to be a start point to everything, and those of us there in September are on the wrong side of all the start points.

What worries me most is this timing suggests September bookings are acceptable to Disney, otherwise I think they’d slip some of these new features forward. I’m concerned they will have no park capacity restrictions, but still no shows, no parades, no Fastpass, and no early/extended hours. Could be ugly.

I have a 7 day trip planned for mid September and am very disappointed that almost nothing is actually new for the 50th, it's all things that should have been open/available during my vacation but they are pushing back just to say they are doing something for the 50th. My only hope is that this pushes a ton of people out of September and into October so the parks will be very manageable as this is my first trip with kids.

dovetail65

There is 0 chance that you stayed on a trip that was 14 days or longer on-site where FoP had a fastpass and you couldn't get one. The only possibility here is if you didn't link your trip properly in MDE and it didn't have your days. You don't even have to try before 9am EST if it's 6 days or farther out. Now if all your trips were off property and not good neighbor hotels, then we shouldn't be talking about the 60 day window. Not trying to be combative but this doesn't compute. I'd chalk it up to inexperience and stay quiet except you mention trying hundreds of times.
Wow you know everything don't you,, All I can say I did it's fact and more than once and I have nothing to gain by saying it.

I never posted ever complain to about Fast pass. I love fast pass so not sure where you come off calling me a liar.

I mentioned it a couple times in response to some else that said a similar thing, so you have have me confused with someone else. I have never even made hundred posts. I commented on it twice.

I will say it a third time, not sure why I am even bothering.. I got ONE FAST PASS for Fop while standing in line at FOP and that was it ONE EVER from the time it was near brand new in April l 2017 when I stayed ON Property for 21 days shortly after that and another time I stayed on property in 2018 and a total of near 20 visits through Dec 2019. We bought a place after our second on site stay in 2018 6 minutes from the AK entrance, I suppose I am not truthful about that our family of 6 family members all of us having AP's from 2016 to Dec 2019. I still have mine.

Cheaters think everyone cheat, liars think everyone lie, so to me this say more about you then anything else.

pdude81

Wow you know everything don't you,, All I can say I did it's fact and more than once and I have nothing to gain by saying it.

I never posted ever complain to about Fast pass. I love fast pass so not sure where you come off calling me a liar.

I mentioned it a couple times in response to some else that said a similar thing, so you have have me confused with someone else. I have never even made hundred posts. I commented on it twice.

I will say it a third time, not sure why I am even bothering.. I got ONE FAST PASS for Fop while standing in line at FOP and that was it ONE EVER from the time it was near brand new in April l 2017 when I stayed ON Property for 21 days shortly after that and another time I stayed on property in 2018 and a total of near 20 visits through Dec 2019. We bought a place after our second on site stay in 2018 6 minutes from the AK entrance, I suppose I am not truthful about that our family of 6 family members all of us having AP's from 2016 to Dec 2019. I still have mine.

Cheaters think everyone cheat, liars think everyone lie, so to me this say more about you then anything else.
I was saying that something didn't add up. In common knowledge and practice you could get a fp to fop in 2018 at 65 or 66 days without issue. Split stays are chained for this purpose so on property stays are continuous. You claimed you never stayed less than 10 days and at least two of the stays were on site.

And you said you tried hundreds of times and only got one once. I didn't say you complained repeatedly.

Also your discussion on this started with the words, "Well that isn't true".

bjlc57

here is what will happen in the future.. if you don't stay at a deluxe resort.. we will allow you into the park to eat and look around and let you watch the rides but you can't ride them.. because you are not one of the chosen one's who have all the gold.. and the GOLDEN RULE.. which is .those who have the GOLD < MAKES ALL THE RULES.. so come , have fun.. eat.. buy things and watch others ride the attractions and please pay homage to those ABOVE YOU ,,, you little people, who helped make this all possible , years ago..

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
here is what will happen in the future.. if you don't stay at a deluxe resort.. we will allow you into the park to eat and look around and let you watch the rides but you can't ride them.. because you are not one of the chosen one's who have all the gold.. and the GOLDEN RULE.. which is .those who have the GOLD < MAKES ALL THE RULES.. so come , have fun.. eat.. buy things and watch others ride the attractions and please pay homage to those ABOVE YOU ,,, you little people, who helped make this all possible , years ago..
See @Giss Neric , THIS is how you Internet! 🙄

Lil Copter Cap

The shift into offering these perks for on-site Resort guests will greatly impact how some people vacation. Whether guests move off-property or they choose an on-site Resort (Deluxe or otherwise). The only ones that may not be impacted directly are DVC owners, renters, and individuals who fork over the full price of the Deluxe Resorts + Villas. This makes DVC all the more appealing, which tracks with Disney's desire to flip Grand Floridian and build DVC-exclusive resort hotels (Reflections pending).

Those that stay at non-qualifying hotels will now have to look to Disney After Hours, Early Morning Magic, or any new separate-ticketed event to have extra hours in a park with potentially lower wait times (and "extras"–food, shows, cavalcades, etc). Those who wouldn't likely buy these separate-ticketed events prior to 2020 now may find them more appealing. They may be willing to pay an extra $400 total for an After Hours event for their family in one lump sum as it is significantly less that the cost of a Deluxe Resort/Villa that would, essentially, provide a "similar" experience.

It seems Disney is truly zoning in on shifting into a pay-to-play model (moreso than years prior), but is balancing the "value" for the dollar. And I haven't even touched on FastPass+, but my guess is Deluxe/Deluxe Villas will gain more perks as time goes on. (And on-site guests will also be provided some, but not to the extent of the higher-priced resort hotel guests.)

HeartOfTeFiti

The shift into offering these perks for on-site Resort guests will greatly impact how some people vacation. Whether guests move off-property or they choose an on-site Resort (Deluxe or otherwise). The only ones that may not be impacted directly are DVC owners, renters, and individuals who fork over the full price of the Deluxe Resorts + Villas. This makes DVC all the more appealing, which tracks with Disney's desire to flip Grand Floridian and build DVC-exclusive resort hotels (Reflections pending).

Those that stay at non-qualifying hotels will now have to look to Disney After Hours, Early Morning Magic, or any new separate-ticketed event to have extra hours in a park with potentially lower wait times (and "extras"–food, shows, cavalcades, etc). Those who wouldn't likely buy these separate-ticketed events prior to 2020 now may find them more appealing. They may be willing to pay an extra $400 total for an After Hours event for their family in one lump sum as it is significantly less that the cost of a Deluxe Resort/Villa that would, essentially, provide a "similar" experience.

It seems Disney is truly zoning in on shifting into a pay-to-play model (moreso than years prior), but is balancing the "value" for the dollar. And I haven't even touched on FastPass+, but my guess is Deluxe/Deluxe Villas will gain more perks as time goes on. (And on-site guests will also be provided some, but not to the extent of the higher-priced resort hotel guests.)
This all sounds completely reasonable to me and personally I have no problem with any of it.

There is 0 chance that you stayed on a trip that was 14 days or longer on-site where FoP had a fastpass and you couldn't get one. The only possibility here is if you didn't link your trip properly in MDE and it didn't have your days. You don't even have to try before 9am EST if it's 6 days or farther out. Now if all your trips were off property and not good neighbor hotels, then we shouldn't be talking about the 60 day window. Not trying to be combative but this doesn't compute. I'd chalk it up to inexperience and stay quiet except you mention trying hundreds of times.
Agreed-14 day trip and you couldn't book a FOP FP? Flat out liar or you are just stupid. it's not like it was hard to get fp for any ride. With a little effort you could pick up a same day fp drop for the ride. We all know when those times happened.

dovetail65

I was saying that something didn't add up. In common knowledge and practice you could get a fp to fop in 2018 at 65 or 66 days without issue. Split stays are chained for this purpose so on property stays are continuous. You claimed you never stayed less than 10 days and at least two of the stays were on site.

And you said you tried hundreds of times and only got one once. I didn't say you complained repeatedly.

Also your discussion on this started with the words, "Well that isn't true".
Well said "Well that isn't true" in regards to anyone can get a fast pass to anything they wanted because that just was not my experience. For a bit we had a tough time getting the Mine Train FP too. I did attempt to get FP 100's of times that is true, but it was more 10 to 15 times a day, not 100 days. I know it not FP I had a issue with Ror the last trip. I tried the 6:59 am trick and each day in 2 seconds sold out for the day and it gave me the same old feeling from when I could not get the Fop FP and it put me in a mind set. I guess not getting RoR is something happening to many others right now too. In 18 months someone is going to say I tried to get RoR 1000 times and I never could get it and then someone else will say that is impossible it is so easy to get. And we all know right now it is not easy to get. I see this same scenario people going back and forth like we just did, but talking about RoR.

I received an email from someone , I guess they tracked my business email down I use the same dovetail65 all over adn they dint want post in a thread I was getting a bit nasty in. Anyhow they thought I needed to make my party smaller and felt the 6 to 8 people in my party(as I mentioned I traveled with 4 to 6 kids on those trips) were too many and probably the reason I couldn't get those Fp's wanted. That may be the case, but for the most part no other FP were effected by my party number.. . I will say the one time I did get the fop FP when I was in line that time it was just me and my wife, party of 2, So who knows maybe it was the large party I had.

I apologize for being a jerk, I need keep it fun here or stay off , Disney stuff like this forum is supposed to be fun or it's not worth it.

nickys

Premium Member
I received an email from someone , I guess they tracked my business email down I use the same dovetail65 all over adn they dint want post in a thread I was getting a bit nasty in. Anyhow they thought I needed to make my party smaller and felt the 6 to 8 people in my party(as I mentioned I traveled with 4 to 6 kids on those trips) were too many and probably the reason I couldn't get those Fp's wanted. That may be the case, but for the most part no other FP were effected by my party number.. . I will say the one time I did get the fop FP when I was in line that time it was just me and my wife, party of 2, So who knows maybe it was the large party I had.

I apologize for being a jerk, I need keep it fun here or stay off , Disney stuff like this forum is supposed to be fun or it's not worth it.
Quick point.
When you said you got an email, did you notice if you’d got a PM here? On your alerts it’s called a “conversation”. I have my settings set to alert me by email if I get a PM, and I can read the PM in the email.

dovetail65

Quick point.
When you said you got an email, did you notice if you’d got a PM here? On your alerts it’s called a “conversation”. I have my settings set to alert me by email if I get a PM, and I can read the PM in the email.
No they did not give me a PM here, they just noticed dovetail65 and they are on another forum with me, turns out it's one of the woodworking forums I am on.

dmw

In the Parks
No
No they did not give me a PM here, they just noticed dovetail65 and they are on another forum with me, turns out it's one of the woodworking forums I am on.
Small world... with common non-Disney interests. My wife is into woodworking big time and has made multiple dovetail boxes. I was wondering about your monicker...

Disney Glimpses

Email to DVC members confirms DVC eligibility for extended evening hours:

Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

As you begin planning your visit to “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” in honor of Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary, we wanted to make sure you’d heard the exciting news that starting October 1st you will be eligible for special theme park access when staying at Walt Disney World Resort because you are a Member.

Members and Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels and Disney Vacation Club Villas, as well as other select hotels, will have a new early theme park entry benefit giving them the first chance to enjoy select attractions at EVERY theme park, EVERY day, with a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for that theme park and date.

Additionally, Members and Guests staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort or Disney Deluxe Resort hotel will exclusively be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks providing more time to enjoy the Magic. Extended evening hours will begin in early October with specific dates and parks to be shared at a later time, so please be sure to check back on DisneyWorld.com for the latest.

Throughout the celebration, Disney Vacation Club Resorts at the Walt Disney World Resort will offer even more with surprise appearances by some favorite Disney pals like Goofy and Pluto, who will be dressed in their EARidescent best. Plenty of fun awaits you and your family as we get ready for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”

See you real soon!

Disney Vacation Club

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom