News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Disney Glimpses

It's easy to be quick to criticize Disney here but in reality (and correct me if I am wrong) but I believe there is a fee associated with a resorts participation. Since Disney does not own Swan/Dolphin or SoG, it's likely they simply declined to participate based on the fee. In which case, we blame Marriott and DOD.

And I realize that SoG guests are highly respected and for good reason, but at the same time, it is not on Disney to offer perks to those guests while DOD reaps the financial benefits of it.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

ANALYSIS:

Extended Evening Hours (EEH) will have 73% less guests than Extra Magic Hours (EMH). Basically 1/4 guests are eligible for this offering.

Old (EMH): 36,780 rooms eligible
New (EEH): 10,044 rooms eligible
1625941876778.png

homerdance

It's easy to be quick to criticize Disney here but in reality (and correct me if I am wrong) but I believe there is a fee associated with a resorts participation. Since Disney does not own Swan/Dolphin or SoG, it's likely they simply declined to participate based on the fee. In which case, we blame Marriott and DOD.

And I realize that SoG guests are highly respected and for good reason, but at the same time, it is not on Disney to offer perks to those guests while DOD reaps the financial benefits of it.
It will be interesting if SoG and the swolphin take part in the after hours EMH. I am sure there is a price for that too.

jinx8402

ANALYSIS:

Extended Evening Hours (EEH) will have 73% less guests than Extra Magic Hours (EMH). Basically 1/4 guests are eligible for this offering.

Old (EMH): 36,780 rooms eligible
New (EEH): 10,044 rooms eligibleView attachment 571113
It will be interesting to see how many different parks get it per night. If it is one specific park per night, then it might not be any more sparse than the morning EMH that is spread across all 4 parks.

Disney Glimpses

A number of the eligible deluxe rooms are DVC units which fit more people than standard hotel rooms.
True, but often they are not filled to capacity. There are also family suites at some value resorts. In reality, I have not done the analysis to see the difference in actual total maximum number of guests, but ~30-35% of EMH is probably a safe bet.

DonaldDoleWhip

For sure - one of the other factors to note with Swan & Dolphin is the recent loss of Disney-operated transit (boat aside), which can feel like a huge downgrade depending on the destination.

Seems like Marriott is playing hardball in terms of those previous perks, which is certainly a disappointing development—especially as cash rates and points redemption values for each of these properties soar.

pdude81

I wasn't expecting the good neighbor hotels to be factored into this early entry perk. Then again, allowing them EMH access always felt dumb to me also. I'm curious what kind of ransom per room this costs the outside hotels.

GLM

It will be interesting if SoG and the swolphin take part in the after hours EMH. I am sure there is a price for that too.
Not sure if that will happen for the evening hours.. They said that it is a onsite deluxe resort event only at this time

Last edited:

dreday3

Not sure if mentioned (or correct) but guest services called me yesterday about something unrelated and we briefly discussed extended evening for deluxe guests and she told me it will be 2 nights a week.

Take it for what's it's worth. :D

MuppetNation

Not sure if mentioned (or correct) but guest services called me yesterday about something unrelated and we briefly discussed extended evening for deluxe guests and she told me it will be 2 nights a week.

Take it for what's it's worth. :D
2 nights a week was about the same as the EEH was pre-pandemic I think. But presumably if they are doing EEH for each park that means each park will get an EEH every 2 weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom