News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Touchdown

Right, I'm just giving a worst-case scenario that all or most Deluxe rooms are sold and those guests are aware of - and use - the perk. Realistically, there won't be 30,000 guests riding rides during that hour or however long it ends up being, but a crowded night during a busy time of year won't feel like much of a perk compared to the slower nights. But I'm just wondering how someone could be okay with a scenario that penalizes those who can't afford to pay for FP+ while having a problem with an occasional perk for Deluxe guests that might last 1-2 hours a few nights a week. Both scenarios favor those with more disposable income (or less self-control - or both), but only one of the scenarios favors them every day - and for some reason, that's the one the poster seems to be okay with.
I don’t like being nickeled and dimed and would rather pay one price. I don’t want to pay $10 for individual FPs. I would rather have Maxpass access be included in your room rate or if not possible I guess a daily fee if FP is no longer free. I don’t want Disney modeling Free to Play phone games. Late night access is included in your room rate, it is not an additional cost.

Jrb1979

I have an honest question: It seems that you don't think it's fair to only have the extra evening hours for Deluxe resort guests, but you do think they should adopt Universal’s policy of charging for FP+. Am I right about that? If so, why is it okay to price people out of short lines all day everyvday at every park by charging for FP+, but it's not okay to give Deluxe resort guests a chance for shorter lines at one park on select nights? Especially when the Deluxe resort perk could still theoretically have approximately 30,000 guests in that one park (assuming about 3 guests per room in the nearly 10,000 Deluxe rooms during busy times).
If you really want to know, it will come off rude but at this point it doesn't matter. I love paid FP systems. It's mainly due to I hate waiting in line for long periods of time and I hate waiting with the majority of GP at parks. From those who decide to bring their entire house with them to the parks, which slows my riding time as they have to take time to put their stuff in a bin before riding to those who don't understand the simple concept of seat belt first lap bar second.

Jrb1979

Awww. God bless your heart.
Sad Pity GIF by Originals
Whatever. Just stay out of the damn lakes when your there. A gator may get you.

kong1802

I think the PP was referencing DVC’s tendency to ‘convert’ deluxe cash rooms to DVC villas, thereby reducing deluxe cash room inventory. They started w/ the 5th & 6th floors at AKL Jambo being converted to DVC, then several Poly long houses were removed from cash inventory to become DVC villas, then Wilderness Lodge cash rooms were converted to DVC CCV, up next Big Pine Key @ GF will become Villas GF #2.

Well you summarized it better than I did!

It's a mixture of increased demand of DVC and I think overpriced deluxe cash rooms.

Perfect solution!

Now with lower supply it helps keep the deluxe rooms at a higher rate and keep occupancy up while being able to sell new DVC contracts at a higher rate.

They are pretty good at this....

I just bring it up because to me this newest move signals there still may be an issue filling the $500 cash rooms.

Chip Chipperson

If you really want to know, it will come off rude but at this point it doesn't matter. I love paid FP systems. It's mainly due to I hate waiting in line for long periods of time and I hate waiting with the majority of GP at parks. From those who decide to bring their entire house with them to the parks, which slows my riding time as they have to take time to put their stuff in a bin before riding to those who don't understand the simple concept of seat belt first lap bar second.

But that system benefits those with the money to afford it just the same as extra evening hours benefits those with the money to afford to stay at a Deluxe resort, so why is one good and one bad? That's what I don't understand about your posts. I'm not trying to be combative, just trying to understand what you see that some of us don't. Charging for FP+ would be taking something away from all guests who can't afford it. Designating extra evening hours takes away those hours from guests staying at Moderate and Value resorts. Both situations can be spun as "taking away" something that used to be free/included with the cost your room and ticket, which seems to be how you view the evening hours for Deluxe resorts. Is it simply a matter of paid FP benefits you while the evening hours for Deluxe guests doesn't benefit you or is there more to it than that?

Jrb1979

But that system benefits those with the money to afford it just the same as extra evening hours benefits those with the money to afford to stay at a Deluxe resort, so why is one good and one bad? That's what I don't understand about your posts. I'm not trying to be combative, just trying to understand what you see that some of us don't. Charging for FP+ would be taking something away from all guests who can't afford it. Designating extra evening hours takes away those hours from guests staying at Moderate and Value resorts. Both situations can be spun as "taking away" something that used to be free/included with the cost your room and ticket, which seems to be how you view the evening hours for Deluxe resorts. Is it simply a matter of paid FP benefits you while the evening hours for Deluxe guests doesn't benefit you or is there more to it than that?
It's not that ones good and ones bad. My thing is that since I'm used to paid FP at every other park it doesn't bother as much. I've always wondered why Disney has been so late to the game for it.

doctornick

They took cash rooms and converted them to DVC at Poly.

Aren't they doing the same with Grand Flo?

IIRC...

Poly, Contemporary, some of AKL and the more recent addition for Wilderness Lodge.

Original GF DVC was a new build, but the new announced one will indeed to be converting existing rooms

nickys

Premium Member
I think the PP was referencing DVC’s tendency to ‘convert’ deluxe cash rooms to DVC villas, thereby reducing deluxe cash room inventory. They started w/ the 5th & 6th floors at AKL Jambo being converted to DVC, then several Poly long houses were removed from cash inventory to become DVC villas, then Wilderness Lodge cash rooms were converted to DVC CCV, up next Big Pine Key @ GF will become Villas GF #2.

They took cash rooms and converted them to DVC at Poly.

Aren't they doing the same with Grand Flo?
Ah, I see what you were meaning now.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, just showing that a lever they seemed to have pulled on the deluxe category has been to decrease supply. Now they seem to be trying to do what they can to increase demand. (IP integration, "new" perks, etc.).

Anything but lower price, lol.
Lower prices???? This is Disney we’re talking about! 😉

disneygeek90

How exactly does people that are slow to put their things in a bin or pull the lap bar down relate to FP? Or are you just saying you're impatient and don't like waiting for anything?

dovetail65

Sure, but they didn't take anything away from everyone else. Any Fastpass people wanted was still easily available at 60 days.
Well that is not true. I went to Disney 25 times since Fop and not ONCE , even with the 30 and 60 day lead(twice) trying hundreds of times did I ever get an FP for Fop. 6 am 60 days out, nope. The only time I did get an FP for Fop and I posted this before, believe it or not was in line for Fop! So I would not say any was easily available, many times it was not easy. Mine train was a bit tough to get also at times, but I always manged to finally get one. It was by no means simple though. I could see many being frustrated though.

brettf22

Premium Member
As somebody heading back in September, obviously I’m disappointed in the timing of, well, almost everything new coming, including the new early/extended hours. But I also understand that there has to be a start point to everything, and those of us there in September are on the wrong side of all the start points.

What worries me most is this timing suggests September bookings are acceptable to Disney, otherwise I think they’d slip some of these new features forward. I’m concerned they will have no park capacity restrictions, but still no shows, no parades, no Fastpass, and no early/extended hours. Could be ugly.

iowamomof4

As somebody heading back in September, obviously I’m disappointed in the timing of, well, almost everything new coming, including the new early/extended hours. But I also understand that there has to be a start point to everything, and those of us there in September are on the wrong side of all the start points.

What worries me most is this timing suggests September bookings are acceptable to Disney, otherwise I think they’d slip some of these new features forward. I’m concerned they will have no park capacity restrictions, but still no shows, no parades, no Fastpass, and no early/extended hours. Could be ugly.
Yes, these are my same concerns for early August.

jinx8402

Well that is not true. I went to Disney 25 times since Fop and not ONCE , even with the 30 and 60 day lead(twice) trying hundreds of times did I ever get an FP for Fop. 6 am 60 days out, nope. The only time I did get an FP for Fop and I posted this before, believe it or not was in line for Fop! So I would not say any was easily available, many times it was not easy. Mine train was a bit tough to get also at times, but I always manged to finally get one. It was by no means simple though. I could see many being frustrated though.
Exactly 60 days out for FOP is hard, depending on the time of the year especially for a party of 4+. But with the benefit of length of stay, you really should be looking at at least your third or fourth day to book FOP.

Dranth

I go each year and have never once had a problem getting a FoP FP. Are your trips a few days here and there or a longer trip?

dovetail65

I go each year and have never once had a problem getting a FoP FP. Are your trips a few days here and there or a longer trip?
I have never gone less than 10 days. I stayed at Poly one time, then Cabins at Fort wilderness for the same trip, that was really frustrating spending that much on a 21 day trip and not getting an FP to Fop. That was closer to when the attraction was new of course.

When FP comes back and I am of the mind it will come back and not be paid at first I can only hope it's easier to get an FP to FOp because I love it. With the new Star wars area I am hoping it free up Fop anyhow. All my trips where I could not get the FP to Fop except 2 trips I think were pre Star Wars.

I don't get it, you were probably lucky or me extremely unlucky, plus this forum is a pool of a lot of people so of course some are going to have received some of those FP. The FP line at Fop always seemed to have hardly any people walking through it like on the other attractions. I always wondered about that. No one can convince me at the times we were there that Fop used the FP to it full extent like the other rides, it just seemed very limited.

I only posted because if it happened to me it happened to many, I know there are others that could not get FP's they wanted. It was only for Fop and once in a while Mine train everything else I could always get when I wanted.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom