News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Jrb1979

How exactly does people that are slow to put their things in a bin or pull the lap bar down relate to FP? Or are you just saying you're impatient and don't like waiting for anything?
Last post for me as I can tell when I am not wanted.

I use FP systems so I can get on as many attractions as possible including re-rides. Most GP slow that down.

Every time I see one of Jrd1979's posts.... Seriously, why is he even on here?

jurassic park deal with it GIF
This past year I have seen Disney fans true colors and it's not pretty. The elitist attitude that goes on is disgusting. Enjoy your over priced Rat 50th cupcakes and the Rat Mickey bars.

I go each year and have never once had a problem getting a FoP FP. Are your trips a few days here and there or a longer trip?
I guess in my case I didn't really go for any popular ones except SDD which I had no issue getting. The rest I did day of being ones like Pirates or Buzz or Illuminations. Since Rise is on queues that was what I shot for.

Ayla

You already lost evening EMH and morning EMH. Early Access was announced months ago, deluxe after hours is a new offering. Therefore the deluxe resorts gained a perk, you’re upset because it wasn’t extended to your preferred resort.
You obviously missed my post earlier in the thread.

Chip Chipperson

I use FP systems so I can get on as many attractions as possible including re-rides. Most GP slow that down.

This past year I have seen Disney fans true colors and it's not pretty. The elitist attitude that goes on is disgusting. Enjoy your over priced Rat 50th cupcakes and the Rat Mickey bars.

Paid FP will do nothing to make other guests any smarter, nor will it prevent the ones who you view as dumb from also paying for their own FP. It seems like you like the paid FP idea because it benefits you by limiting how many other FP users there are, thus ensuring that you don't have to wait as long. Meanwhile, you are expressing a dislike for the extra evening hours for Deluxe resort guests because you have no intention of staying at a Deluxe resort and therefore are excluded from that perk. So you would be happy with paid FP while also saying about the Deluxe evening hours, "It amazes me the amount of cheering that goes on for these perks that used to be available to everyone," with no awareness of the fact that you are hoping for paid FP (a service that was previously available to everyone for free) and are critical of those who look forward to it. If what I'm saying is incorrect then I honestly don't see where the anger is coming from.

Dranth

I have never gone less than 10 days. I stayed at Poly one time, then Cabins at Fort wilderness for the same trip, that was really frustrating spending that much on a 21 day trip and not getting an FP to Fop. That was closer to when the attraction was new of course.

When FP comes back and I am of the mind it will come back and not be paid at first I can only hope it's easier to get an FP to FOp because I love it. With the new Star wars area I am hoping it free up Fop anyhow. All my trips where I could not get the FP to Fop except 2 trips I think were pre Star Wars.

I don't get it, you were probably lucky or me extremely unlucky, plus this forum is a pool of a lot of people so of course some are going to have received some of those FP. The FP line at Fop always seemed to have hardly any people walking through it like on the other attractions. I always wondered about that. No one can convince me at the times we were there that Fop used the FP to it full extent like the other rides, it just seemed very limited.

I only posted because if it happened to me it happened to many, I know there are others that could not get FP's they wanted. It was only for Fop and once in a while Mine train everything else I could always get when I wanted.
Understood.

You just had such a different experience that I was wondering if it could be due to shorter trips. We normally go for 10 days once a year, and never had any real problems getting any particular ride. There are only 2 of us on the trip though so that may make a difference as well.

If they bring FP back I hope you have much better luck going forward.

dovetail65

Well dont let people scare you off. I simply dont respond to some posts, it hard to do but I try not to come back with snarky remarks.
Your last line is a bit nasty.

You seem you hold some kind of grudge against people who can or do not mind paying for these things. Maybe you do not make enough money or maybe you just think it wasteful of your money, but that does not make a person that can or wants to pay the pricing elitists in any way at all..

I do not have cable, the average cable cost near me is 240 a month! Okay 240 x 12 is 2880 a year! So I use that 2880 for what you say are over priced cupcakes now I am am elitist?

If you feel Disney is overpriced for what they give say it, but do not put that on the visitors. How does what Disney does or charge reflect on us? Disney charges a price it may be high, but that doesn't make us any different people, it only makes Disney different.

If you want to verbalize Disney is overpriced because you feel the room cost went up double fine or these after parties are a waste of money that is fine. It is always good to have people keep us in check on the pricing, but the premise that anyone that pays this pricing believe they are superior or better than others shows a fundamental anger toward people that spend their money a certain way.

People paying for these things does not make them feel superior at all(that is an elitist), it seems to be making you feel a way because they have no issue paying it.

I am not being mean either, I think you should continue to post.

dovetail65

Understood.

You just had such a different experience that I was wondering if it could be due to shorter trips. We normally go for 10 days once a year, and never had any real problems getting any particular ride. There are only 2 of us on the trip though so that may make a difference as well.

If they bring FP back I hope you have much better luck going forward.
Wel I did get my FP at fop that one time and it was cool going two times in a row!

zapple

As somebody heading back in September, obviously I’m disappointed in the timing of, well, almost everything new coming, including the new early/extended hours. But I also understand that there has to be a start point to everything, and those of us there in September are on the wrong side of all the start points.

What worries me most is this timing suggests September bookings are acceptable to Disney, otherwise I think they’d slip some of these new features forward. I’m concerned they will have no park capacity restrictions, but still no shows, no parades, no Fastpass, and no early/extended hours. Could be ugly.
I agree completely. We were there last week and are back in September and I don’t understand why they’re waiting until October for everything, we’re already experiencing UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND and we’re back to the fill in all available space days and cramming us into transportation again, but we can’t have any benefits (or buffets) back until October? 🤔 At least open up FP so we can use more of the indoor queues so that every line with over a 20 minute wait is no longer in the baking sun during the hottest and rainiest part of the year.

Missing20K

I agree completely. We were there last week and are back in September and I don’t understand why they’re waiting until October for everything, we’re already experiencing UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND and we’re back to the fill in all available space days and cramming us into transportation again, but we can’t have any benefits (or buffets) back until October? 🤔 At least open up FP so we can use more of the indoor queues so that every line with over a 20 minute wait is no longer in the baking sun during the hottest and rainiest part of the year.
Haven’t they in the past soft opened attractions/perks prior the announced date? At least that’s what I’m hoping for.

jinx8402

I have never gone less than 10 days. I stayed at Poly one time, then Cabins at Fort wilderness for the same trip, that was really frustrating spending that much on a 21 day trip and not getting an FP to Fop. That was closer to when the attraction was new of course.

When FP comes back and I am of the mind it will come back and not be paid at first I can only hope it's easier to get an FP to FOp because I love it. With the new Star wars area I am hoping it free up Fop anyhow. All my trips where I could not get the FP to Fop except 2 trips I think were pre Star Wars.

I don't get it, you were probably lucky or me extremely unlucky, plus this forum is a pool of a lot of people so of course some are going to have received some of those FP. The FP line at Fop always seemed to have hardly any people walking through it like on the other attractions. I always wondered about that. No one can convince me at the times we were there that Fop used the FP to it full extent like the other rides, it just seemed very limited.

I only posted because if it happened to me it happened to many, I know there are others that could not get FP's they wanted. It was only for Fop and once in a while Mine train everything else I could always get when I wanted.
I am missing something here, you never go less than 10 days, but can never get FOP fp+? After day 5 it usually wide open. Were you going online every day 60 days out from each park day to reserve? Or did you do your whole stay on 60 days out from checkin?

dovetail65

I am missing something here, you never go less than 10 days, but can never get FOP fp+? After day 5 it usually wide open. Were you going online every day 60 days out from each park day to reserve? Or did you do your whole stay on 60 days out from checkin?
I had real bad luck with Fop. Only two times did I have a 60 day window and those trips were when fop was newer. All the ohter time 30 days becaue we are AP holders. Not sure if you went then, but the line would stretch from Fop all the way to where the lion King show is. But even after that getting an FP for Fop was bad for us. I couldn't even get an FP for Fop in 2019. I was happy with my one at Fop when I was in line. Still, I went to Fop many, many times Fp wasn't stopping me.

Strangest thing is my wife and I went at lesast 4 times in October and another 4 or 5 times in Jan and Feb (I would need check the exact years)when the parks were virtually empty. We could walk on Space mountain at MK I have pictures of the non existent lines.We even walked straight without hardly stopping for more than a minute to get on Fop, but even those trips I could not get a darn Fp for Fop, not that I needed it on those trips. I learned real quick Month of year is far the most important thing if a person wants fast line times albeit some things are not held during those times.

If FP wasn't to ever come back I highly doubt I would go during any busy time other than Christmas week because as busy as it is during Christmas I just don't care.

ImperfectPixie

Well dont let people scare you off. I simply dont respond to some posts, it hard to do but I try not to come back with snarky remarks.
Your last line is a bit nasty.

You seem you hold some kind of grudge against people who can or do not mind paying for these things. Maybe you do not make enough money or maybe you just think it wasteful of your money, but that does not make a person that can or wants to pay the pricing elitists in any way at all..

I do not have cable, the average cable cost near me is 240 a month! Okay 240 x 12 is 2880 a year! So I use that 2880 for what you say are over priced cupcakes now I am am elitist?

If you feel Disney is overpriced for what they give say it, but do not put that on the visitors. How does what Disney does or charge reflect on us? Disney charges a price it may be high, but that doesn't make us any different people, it only makes Disney different.

If you want to verbalize Disney is overpriced because you feel the room cost went up double fine or these after parties are a waste of money that is fine. It is always good to have people keep us in check on the pricing, but the premise that anyone that pays this pricing believe they are superior or better than others shows a fundamental anger toward people that spend their money a certain way.

People paying for these things does not make them feel superior at all(that is an elitist), it seems to be making you feel a way because they have no issue paying it.

I am not being mean either, I think you should continue to post.
The problem is that those willing to pay exorbitant prices are why Disney keeps on getting away with it over and over and over.

Trauma

I say stick around we need all points of view that’s what makes discussions fun.

I may think your a little over the top negative but there are plenty of people here I would consider over the top positive.

As long as you are making good discussion without attacking people then it’s a net positive in my book.

dovetail65

The problem is that those willing toprices. As a business they shoul do this. They are not a cog model whe they want wuinsty fna low cost, tehr is a space issue, so they arge foing what I do, charging the most they possibly can, gtrying to reduce cleintell ,. In other word s pay exorbitant prices are why Disney keeps on getting away with it over and over and over.
You aren't wrong. Until enough people stop paying it will continue.

From a business standpoint I get it though, it's not something that can scale. They decided and rightfully so and to the detriment of people on a budget to do what I do, charge as much as they possibly can so they can deal with less peopleabout the same amount as now) while making the same or more money. What other choice do they have?

ImperfectPixie

You aren't wrong. Until enough people stop paying it will continue.

From a business standpoint I get it though, it's not something that can scale. They decided and rightfully so and to the detriment of people on a budget to do what I do, charge as much as they possibly can so they can deal with less peopleabout the same amount as now) while making the same or more money. What other choice do they have?
Who are you quoting here? I see a bit of my post mixed in with a bunch of terribly written and misspelled junk...

Tom P.

Have we had any confirmation as to whether or not this new "perk" will apply to those who are not DVC members but rent points to stay in one of the DVC resorts? I would assume it would, but given the way Disney has tried to discourage the DVC resale market in the past several years, it also wouldn't surprise me if they limited this to people who are DVC owners and those who rent them as standard hotel rooms direct through Disney.

pdude81

I had real bad luck with Fop. Only two times did I have a 60 day window and those trips were when fop was newer. All the ohter time 30 days becaue we are AP holders. Not sure if you went then, but the line would stretch from Fop all the way to where the lion King show is. But even after that getting an FP for Fop was bad for us. I couldn't even get an FP for Fop in 2019. I was happy with my one at Fop when I was in line. Still, I went to Fop many, many times Fp wasn't stopping me.

Strangest thing is my wife and I went at lesast 4 times in October and another 4 or 5 times in Jan and Feb (I would need check the exact years)when the parks were virtually empty. We could walk on Space mountain at MK I have pictures of the non existent lines.We even walked straight without hardly stopping for more than a minute to get on Fop, but even those trips I could not get a darn Fp for Fop, not that I needed it on those trips. I learned real quick Month of year is far the most important thing if a person wants fast line times albeit some things are not held during those times.

If FP wasn't to ever come back I highly doubt I would go during any busy time other than Christmas week because as busy as it is during Christmas I just don't care.
There is 0 chance that you stayed on a trip that was 14 days or longer on-site where FoP had a fastpass and you couldn't get one. The only possibility here is if you didn't link your trip properly in MDE and it didn't have your days. You don't even have to try before 9am EST if it's 6 days or farther out. Now if all your trips were off property and not good neighbor hotels, then we shouldn't be talking about the 60 day window. Not trying to be combative but this doesn't compute. I'd chalk it up to inexperience and stay quiet except you mention trying hundreds of times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom