News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

G00fyDad

Email to DVC members confirms DVC eligibility for extended evening hours:

Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

As you begin planning your visit to “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” in honor of Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary, we wanted to make sure you’d heard the exciting news that starting October 1st you will be eligible for special theme park access when staying at Walt Disney World Resort because you are a Member.

Members and Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels and Disney Vacation Club Villas, as well as other select hotels, will have a new early theme park entry benefit giving them the first chance to enjoy select attractions at EVERY theme park, EVERY day, with a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for that theme park and date.

Additionally, Members and Guests staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort or Disney Deluxe Resort hotel will exclusively be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks providing more time to enjoy the Magic. Extended evening hours will begin in early October with specific dates and parks to be shared at a later time, so please be sure to check back on DisneyWorld.com for the latest.

Throughout the celebration, Disney Vacation Club Resorts at the Walt Disney World Resort will offer even more with surprise appearances by some favorite Disney pals like Goofy and Pluto, who will be dressed in their EARidescent best. Plenty of fun awaits you and your family as we get ready for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”

See you real soon!

Disney Vacation Club
Tongue Lucy GIF by MOODMAN

ToTBellHop

This has me thinking; is this the first perk extended to resale customers since the segregation between direct/resale took place in 2011?
It doesn’t appear they will distinguish. It looks like they’ll just check where your reservation is: deluxe or deluxe villa and you’re in. I can’t think of a simple way of knowing who has a blue card and they certainly won’t check since most guests at the evening event won’t, in fact, have blue cards. Who is to say a non-blue card-holder can’t have booked a cash room or rented?

Disney Glimpses

It doesn’t appear they will distinguish. It looks like they’ll just check where your reservation is: deluxe or deluxe villa and you’re in. I can’t think of a simple way of knowing who has a blue card and they certainly won’t check since most guests at the evening event won’t, in fact, have blue cards. Who is to say a non-blue card-holder can’t have booked a cash room or rented?
For sure. I guess what I am saying is that is a substantial benefit of DVC that they are unable/unwilling to parse out to blue cards only. Meaning, this may impact the resale market to some degree in the short term.

ToTBellHop

For sure. I guess what I am saying is that is a substantial benefit of DVC that they are unable/unwilling to parse out to blue cards only. Meaning, this may impact the resale market to some degree in the short term.
Definitely. I do imagine another planned benefit could more easily exclude recent resales. If they want. Since money would be saved. However, they’d need to upgrade their system. Their inability to let DVC members buy anything without calling leads me to question even that.

doctornick

How do you define a perk? “White card” owners get free parking at the resorts (2018), got 60 day FP+ (2013), and got free magic bands (2013).
The latter two were perks for staying in a Disney resort, not specific to DVC (you might as well include DME or access to the DDP in that case).

The former “perk” of free parking is a result that DVC dues pay for the parking lot maintenance so it’s part of the ownership.

None of those are really perks that are tied to DVC ownership in general.

havoc315

It’s not a perk tied to DVC membership. It’s a perk tied to deluxe accommodation. They’ve always sold DVC villas as equivalent to Deluxe resorts. They’d not only have angry owners, they’d have legitimate lawsuits if they suddenly made deluxe villas second class to deluxe resorts.

havoc315

Definitely. I do imagine another planned benefit could more easily exclude recent resales. If they want. Since money would be saved. However, they’d need to upgrade their system. Their inability to let DVC members buy anything without calling leads me to question even that.

The only “benefits” they can exclude are benefits tied to the membership. But any perk that goes to on-site deluxe resorts guests really has to go to deluxe villa guests. They have long marketed DVC as guaranteeing you years of Disney deluxe resorts at a savings. DVC has always gotten the same on-site perks as other on-site guests. Sometimes more but never really less.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The latter two were perks for staying in a Disney resort, not specific to DVC (you might as well include DME or access to the DDP in that case).

The former “perk” of free parking is a result that DVC dues pay for the parking lot maintenance so it’s part of the ownership.

None of those are really perks that are tied to DVC ownership in general.
Neither is the new one, so that’s why I asked it as a question.

Disney Glimpses

How do you define a perk? “White card” owners get free parking at the resorts (2018), got 60 day FP+ (2013), and got free magic bands (2013).
I guess what I mean is: it's not a DVC perk but it is a perk that you will now get by purchasing a resale contract. The whole point of separating resale from direct was to draw people back to purchasing direct. Now, arguably one of the biggest perks associated with membership (despite not being an actual DVC perk) can be gained by purchasing resale. It's a weird paradox that I'm surprised they let slip through.

They could've broken it out into "deluxe resort stays booked with Walt Disney World or one of our travel partners" and "reservations booked with your Disney Vacation Club membership*" and left the white cards out to dry. I am sure they thought about it but it's just too murky; especially when you consider how rental market comes into play.

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I am really surprised they didn't try to do this. I am pleased though.

And when I say "perk" I'm not talking about free parking, etc. I'm talking about AP discount, EPCOT lounge acesss, Moonlight Magic access type stuff. This would fall neatly in that category.

Last edited:

Lil Copter Cap

I guess what I mean is: it's not a DVC perk but it is a perk that you will now get by purchasing a resale contract. The whole point of separating resale from direct was to draw people back to purchasing direct. Now, arguably one of the biggest perks associated with membership (despite not being an actual DVC perk) can be gained by purchasing resale. It's a weird paradox that I'm surprised they let slip through.

They could've broken it out into "deluxe resort stays booked with Walt Disney World or one of our travel partners" and "reservations booked with your Disney Vacation Club membership*" and left the white cards out to dry. I am sure they thought about it but it's just too merky.

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I am really surprised they didn't try to do this. I am pleased though.

And when I say "perk" I'm not talking about free parking, etc. I'm talking about AP discount, EPCOT lounge acesss, Moonlight Magic access type stuff. This would fall neatly in that category.

I definitely agree with you. I think it becomes merky. I wouldn't be surprised if, however, Disney has something up their sleeves for blue-card/DVC Members. They would want to ensure new direct sales of DVC and with their clear investment in the future (Grand Flo, Disneyland Hotel tower, Reflections pending, etc.) I am certain new perks (even if its one perk that will push the "eh, maybes" to the "heck yes" into buying direct) will be offered.

Otherwise, direct DVC Members are slowly losing exclusive premium perks. (Not that they are required for membership. But if they're investing heavily in new properties, it only makes sense to ensure new buyers are getting specialized perks beyond a blue card merch and dining discount.)

nickys

Premium Member

They could've broken it out into "deluxe resort stays booked with Walt Disney World or one of our travel partners" and "reservations booked with your Disney Vacation Club membership*" and left the white cards out to dry. I am sure they thought about it but it's just too murky; especially when you consider how rental market comes into play.

Much much easier to simply have to check a reservation for the resort than for the app to have to delve into the DVC databases to determine the DVC status of the member.

This is a resort perk, not a DVC one. A member staying at POR will not be able to take advantage of the extended hours, and a non-member staying at OKW will.

Also a reservation “booked with your DVC membership” applies equally to blue or white card members, unless it is deemed a membership extra.

Disney Glimpses

Much much easier to simply have to check a reservation for the resort than for the app to have to delve into the DVC databases to determine the DVC status of the member.

This is a resort perk, not a DVC one. A member staying at POR will not be able to take advantage of the extended hours, and a non-member staying at OKW will.

Also a reservation “booked with your DVC membership” applies equally to blue or white card members, unless it is deemed a membership extra.
Yes, I am not disputing that. I am saying I am surprised with their decision based on their actions lately. Regardless of the semantics of if it is a DVC or a resort perk, this indisputibly will inflate the DVC resale market; something they have been actively trying to mitigate since 2011.

GLM

For the early park entry... just got off the phone with guest services to confirm that the Swan and Dolphin resorts as well as Shades of Green property are not included. Seems strange since they are all on Disney property while allowing "host hotels" to participate.
I had her contact a supervisor to confirm this. She did say that Disney can always make changes but that at this time the list on the WDW website is correct.
I really have no idea why Disney would do this.....

drizgirl

For the early park entry... just got off the phone with guest services to confirm that the Swan and Dolphin resorts as well as Shades of Green property are not included. Seems strange since they are all on Disney property while allowing "host hotels" to participate.
I had her contact a supervisor to confirm this. She did say that Disney can always make changes but that at this time the list on the WDW website is correct.
This likely has to do with which properties were willing to pay whatever it costs to be part of the program.

nickys

Premium Member
That contradicts what I’ve seen posted elsewhere.

I know that they are not included (yet) in the extended evening hours.

Disney Glimpses

This list is truly bizarre. They are offering early entry to the Holiday Inn but not the deluxe resorts (per their website) that are situated just steps from two of their theme parks and directly in the middle of one of their most coveted resort areas.

vikescaper

This list is truly bizarre. They are offering early entry to the Holiday Inn but not the deluxe resorts (per their website) that are situated just steps from two of their theme parks and directly in the middle of one of their most coveted resort areas.
Shades of Green isn’t participating, either. SoG guests used to be able to use EMH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom