E Ticket for World Showcase

wolf359

I do think World Showcase needs more attractions, but I think a headliner E-Ticket is the wrong choice.

The scale and scope of World Showcase wasn't designed to accomodate the traffic a large-scale attraction would generate, and it would make an already traffic-dense area impassible.

What I would like to see is a smaller, B or C-Ticket attraction added to fill out those pavilions that never got their film/boat ride/theater show from the outset, and don't quite offer the range of experiences offered at the more developed pavilions.

misterID

But it is updated every decade. (It was just updated in the last 2-3 years) :wave:
And the American Adventure is the best show on Property in my and many people's opinions, and it does a good job taking in guests after a whole generation.

Yeah, I still don't see it being that popular, nothing against it. It's just not the flagship of WS. And I guarantee if you took a casual poll from guests entering EPCOT of what the main attraction in WS is I would bet AA is nowhere close to being it... And I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage couldn't even name a flagship attraction in WS. MS in Norway or GF in Mexico are probably what people would think of, not AA.

And WS could absolutely handle an E attraction.

Enchantâmes

Yeah, I still don't see it being that popular, nothing against it. It's just not the flagship of WS. And I guarantee if you took a casual poll from guests entering EPCOT of what the main attraction in WS is I would bet AA is nowhere close to being it... And I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage couldn't even name a flagship attraction in WS. MS in Norway or GF in Mexico are probably what people would think of, not AA.

And WS could absolutely handle an E attraction.
Um, if AA isn't a flagship than I don't think there are any flagships on property. :wave:

JohnLocke

*Cough* American Adventure *Cough*

While I like the American Adventure, I don't really see it or any other show bringing more people into the WS. More people would venture back there for an actual ride, I don't know if an E ticket is the way to go, but I think a good D would work pretty well. If they got around to doing the German ride, I think it would be a good start.

I do think World Showcase needs more attractions, but I think a headliner E-Ticket is the wrong choice.

The scale and scope of World Showcase wasn't designed to accomodate the traffic a large-scale attraction would generate, and it would make an already traffic-dense area impassible.

What I would like to see is a smaller, B or C-Ticket attraction added to fill out those pavilions that never got their film/boat ride/theater show from the outset, and don't quite offer the range of experiences offered at the more developed pavilions.

I agree that a nice pavilion-themed attraction (low-keyed) would be nice. I know I'm in the minority here, but I like WS as it is. I think adding more attractions would take away from its point: showcasing countries - not "e-ticket competitions" between countries. I like the fact that the countries have their performances (be it Off Kilter, the "Beatles", the Chinese Acrobats", etc.), which showcase the culture of the country. I like its low-key, slowed-down feeling. For me, an e-ticket attraction would take away from that because, for example, an attraction line might flow into the country prohibiting the slow meandering that my family and I enjoy.

Thanks...

Judy :)

raven

Do you notice where the big rides are in Epcot? Future World. Do you know where they sell the majority of alcohol at Epcot? World Showcase. The reason: Alcohol + rides = :hurl:

Custodial would refuse to work in those areas for fear of constant Code V's.

CaptainWinter

Original Poster
If they got around to doing the German ride, I think it would be a good start.

From Wikipedia:
The original design of the pavilion called for a boat ride along the Rhine river. It was to have focused on German folklore, in a similar manner to the Mexico and Norway rides. ... Though the building was built, Disney did not complete the ride construction by opening day. ... Because of lack of funding, the ride building is now used as storage space.

Wow. The building is sitting right there as we speak! How frustrating.

CaptainWinter

Original Poster
Do you notice where the big rides are in Epcot? Future World. Do you know where they sell the majority of alcohol at Epcot? World Showcase. The reason: Alcohol + rides = :hurl:

That's a good point. They must deal with this already at Maelstrom. I can't imagine it's too much of a problem with sedate rides like GF.

Gatorboy

101 Dalmatians Dark Ride - UK; Mulan Dark Ride - China; Pinocchio's Scary Adventure from DL - Italy; Hunchback of Notre Damedark ride or Show - France; Pocahontas Flume Ride - AA; Brother Bear /Grizzly River Run - Canada; Maderhorn Bobsleds - New Swiss pavilion;so many things they could do......

raven

Wow. The building is sitting right there as we speak! How frustrating.

It should be known that the "loading and queue building" is still there (comparible to about half the size of the loading area for IASW). The actual show (ride) building would have been built behind the curent one where a few trailers are now.

Gregoryp73

[Actually I would hope that Disney fixes the current E-Ticket attractions in the park...Test track was an abomination when I rode it in late June. The sound was off, we were doing 5 mph around the high speed curve, and I swear we almost rear-ended another car during the acceleration test.

If they would just fix TT, and then re-imagine JIM, and UE...and then find uses for that empty hubcap on the east side of the park, I would be happy.

That aside, I definately think that they could utilize AA into a mobile simulator type ride (think spiderman)

donaldfan

I agree that a nice pavilion-themed attraction (low-keyed) would be nice. I know I'm in the minority here, but I like WS as it is. I think adding more attractions would take away from its point: showcasing countries - not "e-ticket competitions" between countries. I like the fact that the countries have their performances (be it Off Kilter, the "Beatles", the Chinese Acrobats", etc.), which showcase the culture of the country. I like its low-key, slowed-down feeling. For me, an e-ticket attraction would take away from that because, for example, an attraction line might flow into the country prohibiting the slow meandering that my family and I enjoy.

Thanks...

Judy :)

DITTO! We LOVE WS as it is. There are plenty of ride-based attractions scattered around WDW property. We love the relaxing feel of WS and all the sights/entertainment/food & drink sampling. We spend more time there than anywhere while on vacation. (The Food & Wine Festival is our favorite "attraction" at WDW.)

Master Gracey 5

While I like the American Adventure, I don't really see it or any other show bringing more people into the WS. More people would venture back there for an actual ride, I don't know if an E ticket is the way to go, but I think a good D would work pretty well. If they got around to doing the German ride, I think it would be a good start.

I agree - E-ticket rides just don't fit with the WS and what draws crowds to them. I'd rather see a well done C/D ticket or two like the Rhine to help flesh out what is already there. Of course this is the old argument of "why add something new when they can't manage what they already have". :lookaroun

And yes, some TLC to FW would be a better use of resources in the near term.

duff527

World Showcase is one of my favorite places to be in all of WDW at night. With that relaxed feel, and how nice everything looks with all the lights on at night, and the music from each pavilion, I love just walking through there after dinner.

Even Future world has a more relaxed atmosphere than the other parks, which I really like. However, I think there would be less interest in a new WS ride if they made the most of it. The Imagination pavilion needs some love, and the old Wonders of Life building needs ... well, anything.

DisneyNut7578

Greetings all. Just back from a short WDW trip at the end of June. HOT but fun. I have a topic that's undoubtedly been discussed before but I'm curious what others think.

It seems like Epcot as a whole would be much improved by a bona fide E ticket attraction in the World Showcase. Maelstrom doesn't fit the bill, sorry. Perhaps something near the back of the park, like Japan or Italy. It seems they've more or less stood with a pat hand in WS for, jeez, three decades or so. It's really not all that different from when I visited in the 80s. Surely they realize that not only would this add some juice to the typical Epcot visit, but also that it would filter massive crowds past all those shops and restaurants. But, I don't know, maybe they're happy with the crowds they have in WS already?

I understand some rides such as a Mt. Fuji coaster have been on the drawing board in the past. Any thoughts?
I still can't believe after all these years they haven't built something back there. I personally feel as though WS is one of the most neglected parts of any Disney Park. Yeah, ok, every once and a while you get a new restaurant. Or they update a circlevision movie. Ok, thanks, but put some money into one of the countries and build something decent. Think about it, after Norway, the rest of World Showcase, 8 countries, doesn't have a single ride (excluding AA).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I still can't believe after all these years they haven't built something back there. I personally feel as though WS is one of the most neglected parts of any Disney Park. Yeah, ok, every once and a while you get a new restaurant. Or they update a circlevision movie. Ok, thanks, but put some money into one of the countries and build something decent. Think about it, after Norway, the rest of World Showcase, 8 countries, doesn't have a single ride (excluding AA).

Don't forget the Donald Duck boat ride thing in Mexico.

Actually, I'm not sure if an e-ticket is a necessity. I think some small, permanently based ride/show/movie should be in each country. Right now there is nothing in Morocco, Germany, the UK, Italy, and Japan. That coupled with the live outdoor entertainment options (many of these shows and KP are quite nice) would make WS really feel complete and it would have it's own unique vibe reinforced.

DisneyNut7578

Don't forget the Donald Duck boat ride thing in Mexico.

Actually, I'm not sure if an e-ticket is a necessity. I think some small, permanently based ride/show/movie should be in each country. Right now there is nothing in Morocco, Germany, the UK, Italy, and Japan. That coupled with the live outdoor entertainment options (many of these shows and KP are quite nice) would make WS really feel complete and it would have it's own unique vibe reinforced.
I agree with you. An E-ticket would be over the top. Something a little more tame would be appropiate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom