E Ticket for World Showcase

The Empress Lilly

IASW was an E, you know.

http://www.perrific.com/disney/tickets/eticket.jpg

E doesn't necessarily mean thrill, does it? In my mind a sufficient level of detail pushes it over into that category.
E does not mean thrill indeed.

In common usage E ticket relates to scope and size, not level of detail. Or to popularity, as the most popular rides were charged the most.

With 'WS does not need E tickets, but C's and D's', I don't mean it doesn't need thrills, I mean that WS does not need enormous, lavish attractions. No Grizzly flume ride, or World of Motions, or Safari rides, or a $200 million state-of-the-art experience. But fun, inspired, pretty rides or shows.

The Empress Lilly

Hourly capacity was what denoted the ticket level. Peter Pan's Flight, which pushes through considerably LESS people per hour than HM or IASM was actually a D-Ticket back in the day.

They weren't necessarily thrilling rides, but they drew the most crowds because they were people eaters. Which is how the E-ticket term evolved into its usage today. It's just coincidental that the rides that draw the most crowds these days happen to be the biggest, most elaborate and exciting ones.
I think this is not correct.

An E ticket related to popularity, not to capacity. The most popular rides were charged the most, regardless of their hourly capacity.
The ticket system, apart from financial considerations, served to ensure that the guests did not all descend on the most popular attractions all the time, surpassing their sometimes limited capacity.

raven

I think this is not correct.

An E ticket related to popularity, not to capacity. The most popular rides were charged the most, regardless of their hourly capacity.
The ticket system, apart from financial considerations, served to ensure that the guests did not all descend on the most popular attractions all the time, surpassing their sometimes limited capacity.

Very true. Over time the meaning of "E Ticket" became that of something more thrilling of the others. But if we were going by 1955 standards, Dumbo and Peter Pan would be E Tickets today. Just goes to show how we want to change the meaning inspite of what it was actually made for.

wbc

Remember E-Ride Night, which ended earlier in this decade? For $12 you could stay 3 hours after the MK closed and ride the "E-Ticket" attractions.

The attractions that were open (at least at various times during the stint of the program) included:
BTMR
Buzz
HM
Pooh
PhilHarMagic
Peter Pan
Space
Splash
Astro
CBJ
TTA
Pirates
Alien Encounter

So, based on this list, it's hard to say what Disney really considers an E-Ticket attraction today. I would agree with all of them, except Astro and TTA - which may have just been added to help absorb crowds when the fad caught on.

Off Topic: Oh, how I miss those days. The $12 was SOOOO worth it when you could literally walk on any of those attractions over and over and over, and that was during peak season. EMH was definitely not a welcomed change in my book.

E-ride night was so awesome. I remember riding all those rides in a constant loop. Space mountain would have maybe two wraps around the line.

misterID

E does not mean thrill indeed.

In common usage E ticket relates to scope and size, not level of detail. Or to popularity, as the most popular rides were charged the most.

With 'WS does not need E tickets, but C's and D's', I don't mean it doesn't need thrills, I mean that WS does not need enormous, lavish attractions. No Grizzly flume ride, or World of Motions, or Safari rides, or a $200 million state-of-the-art experience. But fun, inspired, pretty rides or shows.

I really have no idea why anyone wouldn't want a great E-ride, but be fine with a C or D. This doesn't make any sense. What kind of C, or D attraction in WDW would you be fine with in WS? I just don't understand what difference at all this would make.

Seeing that any new attaction is going to produce big lines, and a C or D would most likey not able to deal with those lines as a an E would, I still can't believe people actually wouldn't want a fantastic, immersive E ride at all in WS. It boggles the mind. Just thinking of what WDI could do...

:shrug:

MarkTwain

I really have no idea why anyone wouldn't want a great E-ride, but be fine with a C or D. This doesn't make any sense. What kind of C, or D attraction in WDW would you be fine with in WS? I just don't understand what difference at all this would make.

Seeing that any new attaction is going to produce big lines, and a C or D would most likey not able to deal with those lines as a an E would, I still can't believe people actually wouldn't want a fantastic, immersive E ride at all in WS. It boggles the mind. Just thinking of what WDI could do...

:shrug:

I think what some people are saying (myself included) is that a huge crowd-drawing E-ticket would "steal the show," so to speak, from the country it is hosted in, when the attention should be on the country and its pavilion, and not just its ride. On the other hand, a C- or D- ticket like Maelstrom or Gran Fiesta Tour feels more like an organic offshoot of the pavilion itself, and is not the main event. One could also argue that WS could get a couple of C-tickets for the same price tag as a single E-ticket.

I see your point and respect your opinion, though... this is just mine. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom