E Ticket for World Showcase

CaptainWinter

Original Poster
Greetings all. Just back from a short WDW trip at the end of June. HOT but fun. I have a topic that's undoubtedly been discussed before but I'm curious what others think.

It seems like Epcot as a whole would be much improved by a bona fide E ticket attraction in the World Showcase. Maelstrom doesn't fit the bill, sorry. Perhaps something near the back of the park, like Japan or Italy. It seems they've more or less stood with a pat hand in WS for, jeez, three decades or so. It's really not all that different from when I visited in the 80s. Surely they realize that not only would this add some juice to the typical Epcot visit, but also that it would filter massive crowds past all those shops and restaurants. But, I don't know, maybe they're happy with the crowds they have in WS already?

I understand some rides such as a Mt. Fuji coaster have been on the drawing board in the past. Any thoughts?

JohnLocke

I would like to see more rides in the World Showcase countries, but I'm not really sure if they could ever really deal with the capacity needs for an E-ticket in many, if any, of them.

Tom

Beta Return
I wouldn't necessarily say it needs an "E Ticket" attraction, since those are expensive and the term gets tossed around very loosely, but WD needs another attraction for sure.

However, the case used to be that each foreign government "sponsored" their pavilion, and as such, if they didn't want to pony up for a ride, they didn't get one.

Whether this is really the case anymore, I don't know.

CaptainWinter

Original Poster
Right, perhaps I tossed out the term e-ticket too loosely. But it seems there's not much in WS that you feel you *gotta* do. (Although personally when I go "Impressions de France" is an absolute must. I doubt this is a common favorite.) I like WS, and enjoy the pleaseant attractions, but it seems awfully skewed towards selling trinkets.

Tom

Beta Return
Right, perhaps I tossed out the term e-ticket too loosely. But it seems there's not much in WS that you feel you *gotta* do. (Although personally when I go "Impressions de France" is an absolute must. I doubt this is a common favorite.) I like WS, and enjoy the pleaseant attractions, but it seems awfully skewed towards selling trinkets.

Serving meals and selling gifts makes money - cycling ride vehicles through a building doesn't. We know where their priorities lie :)

CaptainWinter

Original Poster
Serving meals and selling gifts makes money - cycling ride vehicles through a building doesn't. We know where their priorities lie :)

Agreed re: meals & gifts, but surely rides make money too, albeit indirectly. If not for the rides, they'd never draw enough visitors to support the rest.

Who knows, maybe I should just count it as a blessing that WS is so low-key.

BrerFrog

I think WS would benefit from an E-ticket, or even a ride that is not as big or expensive. Something like Mt. Fuji would be great.

JohnLocke

Agreed re: meals & gifts, but surely rides make money too, albeit indirectly. If not for the rides, they'd never draw enough visitors to support the rest.

Who knows, maybe I should just count it as a blessing that WS is so low-key.

I agree with you here, I didn't venture past Mexico and Norway until I was a good bit older and wanted to see the rest of WS, now it's one of my favorite areas in any park. Adding rides to a few countries would certainly help generate some more traffic near the rear of the park, and should help sell a few more gifts.

misterID

It DOES need an E-Ticket.

There's not a staple attraction for WS at this point. No, I don't consider MS a staple attraction. I don't think it has a ride that the average tourist/visitor would say: "Wow, we really need to go to WS to ride that."

CaptainWinter

Original Poster
There's not a staple attraction for WS at this point. No, I don't consider MS a staple attraction. I don't think it has a ride that the average tourist/visitor would say: "Wow, we really need to go to WS to ride that."

Indeed! That's my original point. I've heard Mt Fuji and Buller Train simulator rumors for Japan. There's also, let's see, the UK, Morocco, Italy, and Germany w/o any ride or movie. The imaginable possibilities for those four countries are head-spinning. (Also some rumors about a Swiss village plus a "Matterhorn east" in WS but that seems impossible to me.) The fact is, with the array of countries to choose from -- even without adding any more -- they have *limitless* possibilities for expansion via attractions.

A related point: not only is there no major attraction at WS, they also seem not to be doing much to make visits to WS every 3.5 years (or whatever) particularly compelling.

(And wow do I miss Horizons.)

kaos

I think we should add a sub-title to this thread- "Does the Rumor Board Need Another Thread About World Showcase Needind an E-ticket Attraction"? Really- we all know it does...

Having said that- When a sponsor becomes available, TDO will build a new E-ticket; however, I personally wish, as I've said in all the other threads about WS needing another E, that with the biz as usual mentality at WDW Parks management, they'll never foot the bill alone for an E-ticket at WS, which is wrong, since they do at other areas of the resort. I'd like to see Morrocco get an E-ticket, or maybe the Italy gondola attraction that was planned, or even Rhine River... There were 5 E-ticket attractions that were scrapped as construction began and then moved to the abandoned phase 2 of WS... however 2 of them did resurface at other parks. (Meet the World and GRR)

GenerationX

The best attraction in WS, by a healthy margin, is Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. It'd be nice to have another attraction in WS of similar quality but available at other times of the day.

Enchantâmes

It DOES need an E-Ticket.

*Cough* American Adventure *Cough*

misterID

Really? Is it even that popular?

Not saying its not good, but not exactly the single attraction people visit EPCOT or WS for.

Enchantâmes

Good point, but that opened in '82. That's a whole generation ago by now.
But it is updated every decade. (It was just updated in the last 2-3 years) :wave:
And the American Adventure is the best show on Property in my and many people's opinions, and it does a good job taking in guests after a whole generation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom