Dumbo meet n greet

drew81

Original Poster
Please remember this is just a rumor!

I've heard that Dumbo may come out for meet n greets sometime down the road. It might be when the new Dumbo FL area opens or earlier than that.

krankenstein

:eek:

I'm thinking this will happen when they close down the current Dumbo in prep for the move. Either way, I will plan a trip around that. :lookaroun

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
We we be able to shoot at him and see if 'Simba 1' comes to chase us down? :confused::lookaroun

MonorailGuy11

We we be able to shoot at him and see if 'Simba 1' comes to chase us down? :confused::lookaroun
:lol::lol::lol:

I dont think they will close Dumbo until at least one of the new ones is ready to open, it would make the transition seemless. Just my humble opinion.:veryconfu

DisneyParksFan1

I'm thinking this will happen when they remove the existing Dumbo attraction to make way for the castle walls. It will happen pretty soon is my guess.

EPCOTPluto

Would be nice to see Dumbo roam the parks once again & get an upgrade from his 1970s look:

2632258888_33cc891a22.jpg

DisneyParksFan1

Woah, when and where was that pic? Interesting pic...

I would like to see the characters just roam around. It could really strengthen the experience that you are really transported to another place. For example, in Fantasyland you could see characters roam around and the guest can go to them and ask to take a pic with them.

Disneyson 1

I'd like to have a more puppet - like Dumbo that sits in one spot (like a stable) and that the doors close around him... or maybe an AA similar to the old Triceretops Encounter in IoA?

But Drew's usually right; we're most likely getting some form of Dumbo!!

BigThunderMatt

Woah, when and where was that pic? Interesting pic...

I would like to see the characters just roam around. It could really strengthen the experience that you are really transported to another place. For example, in Fantasyland you could see characters roam around and the guest can go to them and ask to take a pic with them.

This would be a logistical nightmare. They already sort of do this in Tokyo Disneyland and it's sheer chaos. There's no order. People just continually crowd closer and closer to the character and push their kids up to meet them no matter if they just got there or have been waiting 20 minutes. Japanese tend to be patient and non-confrontational. Americans are definitely NOT like that. Without lines and character attendants to maintain order, I could see a lot of violent fights breaking out over people not waiting their turn to see a character and possibly even some characters getting hurt in the process.

_Scar

This would be a logistical nightmare. They already sort of do this in Tokyo Disneyland and it's sheer chaos. There's no order. People just continually crowd closer and closer to the character and push their kids up to meet them no matter if they just got there or have been waiting 20 minutes. Japanese tend to be patient and non-confrontational. Americans are definitely NOT like that. Without lines and character attendants to maintain order, I could see a lot of violent fights breaking out over people not waiting their turn to see a character and possibly even some characters getting hurt in the process.

You can have wondering without chaos, but at night when there are less crowds. The characters just roam and say hi to children and their families. It's a nice way to end the night when everyone is tired and don't want to wait in a line to meet whichever character. So instead, the character comes to you. I like how they are encouraged to go on rides with kids. :) That's how you create those Disney moments- those spontaneous situations.

Wilt Dasney

Isn't this how it used to be done in WDW, back in the '70s-'80s? Maybe it was discontinued precisely because of the crowding problems, but from what I've heard, free-roaming characters used to be the norm.

I agree that whatever problems it might cause, it would make the characters more interesting than having them stand around shaking hands and kissing babies like they're running for Congress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom