Dumbo meet n greet

EPCOTPluto

The Ringmaster did exist at one point. He was in parades. But I doubt they would put him out, but who knows????
Just to see some obscure characters back in MK would be nice.

I know on the 6th, Abu was out for the CaDCT parade. Imagine the possibilities of more rarities...

Dumbo was closed for refurbishment a couple of years back and during the time that it was closed, Dumbo was doing meet & greets near the ride.
That's pretty cool. :D

You can have wondering without chaos, but at night when there are less crowds. The characters just roam and say hi to children and their families. It's a nice way to end the night when everyone is tired and don't want to wait in a line to meet whichever character. So instead, the character comes to you. I like how they are encouraged to go on rides with kids. :) That's how you create those Disney moments- those spontaneous situations.

I wish they did this more! I was lucky enough when i went to the first time to have Alice ride the tea cups with me and my brother, I was like 6 but I can still remember Alice acting like she was our age helping me and my brother turn the wheel. I have seen her and the mad hatter ride that ride from time to time, but i have never seen any other characters riding rides.

MarkTwain

The last time I was in DL, I seem to remember free-roaming characters. Is this no longer the case?

Disneyland still has some free-roaming characters, but then of course because so many of the Disneyland guests have been there so often (and are therefore used to the characters), the characters are probably more safe from rabid trampling...

tirian

There is that but the rest is nothing but meet and greets.

Toontown Fair is "nothing but meet and greets," too. I'd like to have two more C tickets along with TLM, but I can't complain too much because the tents are being replaced with real façades and buildings, and it's technically a better trade.

FWIW, I heard the same thing about Dumbo.

tirian

I wish they did this more! I was lucky enough when i went to the first time to have Alice ride the tea cups with me and my brother, I was like 6 but I can still remember Alice acting like she was our age helping me and my brother turn the wheel. I have seen her and the mad hatter ride that ride from time to time, but i have never seen any other characters riding rides.

The Queen of Hearts often rides it during MNSSHP, and it's hilarious to watch her lift the gigantic hoop skirt to enter and exit the teacup.

_Scar

Stay for extra hours between Dumbo and Snow White's Scary Adventures and you will most likely see Mickey, Mary, Goofy, Minnie, etc.

And is there any park right now with Dumbo as a furry character? I mean, cmon, it's not like he isn't recognizable. What was the excuse for giving him the boot?

DaGoof00

He already has! :wave:

This is the best picture I could find after a quick google search. It's from the Disney World Meet and Greet Character site.

dumbophoto.jpg

super exciting; how he comes out more frequently soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom