Dumbo & Main Street Updates

Old Mouseketeer

I think the truth with these types of alterations, which can be controversial as we know, is that in most cases, when the walls come down, the average visitor won't notice a difference. It'll just seem the way it's always been. And that's a great thing.

The bizarro New Orleans Square that shocked all of us when it was first revealed wasn't ruined. It was just NOS, with a giant off-center window to the hardcore fans. Even the new train scenes feel, somehow, as if they've always been there.

This is the irony of WDW guests getting upset about that place being "stagnant." I'd call it boring, but that's besides the point. DL is very much a stagnant place!

I don't care that much about the off-center window--in the real NO not all buildings are symetrical. It's more organic. What I hate are the out-of-scale windows in the bump-out over the entrance to Crystal d'Orleans.

Hattieboxghost110

“Raven, Kira & Constance” ?

mkovb.jpg

Hattieboxghost110

Much has been written about how sanitized Disneyland looks and feels, particularly Main Street and Sleeping Beauty Castle, so I think you might be in the minority opinion saying WDW looks more fake that DL. Surely no one is going to mistake the structure Walt Disney is passing through in the bottom photo for a real castle.

9752532.jpg

vancee

It’s nice until you get down to the castle, the bricks are uneven and hugs the curb... pretty ugly. Might as well make the whole street brick. I’m in Germany right now and a lot of the streets are bricks, it looks really nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom