Dumbo & Main Street Updates

mickEblu

Yep, and I’ll add that to walk through the castle you’d have to walk up one of the ramps coming from either side rather than approaching the castle straight on like DL.

That’s ... different. Judging off pictures and tastes I’ve acquired (appreciation of charming n intimate details) from being a lifelong Disneylander I’m sure I’ll prefer DLs castle. It’s funny though how most times we prefer the things we grow up with. A lot of people who come to DL from Florida for the first time think DLs is too small and don’t appreciate our smaller more charming castle. Having that gigantic, majestic castle at the end of Main Street as a weenie is probably pretty cool though.

mickEblu

There are also beautiful Cinderella mosaics as you walk through the castle Into Fantasyland.

Well that’s cool as I’ve gone on record saying Cinderella is Disney’s greatest animated film to date. I think for the 50th they should add a Lucifer AA somewhere.

Ismael Flores

Oh really? Is it small? I can never see the moat in pictures or video? Just looks like a huge stage in front of the castle or something.
They used to have these cool looking Swan boats that people could ride in the moat and waterway if the WDW MK.
Sadly like all the small things TDO closed them and just left the queue sit dormant for a long time.
Now it’s just a moat with no boats.

Also reminds me of how TDO closed down the boat ride in DAK as well. It was just a leisure ride around the waterways in DAK and then one day they shut them down

Practical Pig

They used to have these cool looking Swan boats that people could ride in the moat and waterway if the WDW MK.
Sadly like all the small things TDO closed them and just left the queue sit dormant for a long time.
Now it’s just a moat with no boats.

Swanboat.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

That’s ... different. Judging off pictures and tastes I’ve acquired (appreciation of charming n intimate details) from being a lifelong Disneylander I’m sure I’ll prefer DLs castle. It’s funny though how most times we prefer the things we grow up with. A lot of people who come to DL from Florida for the first time think DLs is too small and don’t appreciate our smaller more charming castle. Having that gigantic, majestic castle at the end of Main Street as a weenie is probably pretty cool though.

I love DL's castle, but you'll never look at it the same way after seeing the others.

mickEblu

It's really more of a canal than a moat. At Disneyland the distance from the Hub to the castle seems greater to me, but maybe it's because of the diminutive scale of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Note that Cinderella Castle doesn't have a working drawbridge.

f2e0f2a72c052e7eb838282ddd84f893--cinderella-castle-palaces.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. It’s not really a moat but it’s nice in its own way. I heard that DLs drawbridge doesn’t work anymore either. Cinderella’s castle doesn’t appear to have a drawbridge at all.

Little Green Men

Oh that’s pretty nice. You’d never know it’s there from the head on view of the castle.
For me when I walk through DL's castle it seems like there's barely any space inside betweeen the draw bridge and Fantasyland. MK's is actually a pretty big area with the mural to the left, which is a big corridor to the main area where the restaurant is to the right and shop on the left. It should be noted that the corridor is closed when the castle show is going on so you have to go around the castle to FL, but can access the restaurant and shop
89728AA4-3CD0-49C3-9DC5-854B16A1465C-187-0000000CAC7CA552.jpeg
82E2E22B-F573-47E9-809D-192B6676F220-187-0000000CBC8E2FCA.jpeg

Hattieboxghost110

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom