Dumbo & Main Street Updates

TROR

I like the way the brick pavers look on the street. They just look a little weird when next to the brick on the hub sidewalk which have a different pattern, color and texture.
I think I like it more because they're different. It would blend too much if they were the same which just wouldn't look right imo. Overall this project reminds me of the railing added to the castle bridge: It changes the look of something that's been that way since the beginning of the park but it really won't change anything.

mickEblu

I think I like it more because they're different. It would blend too much if they were the same which just wouldn't look right imo. Overall this project reminds me of the railing added to the castle bridge: It changes the look of something that's been that way since the beginning of the park but it really won't change anything.

I don’t think making the bricks match is the answer either. Just mentioning they look weird next to each other at first glance. In person it might not Stick out so much when you have a million other sights fighting for your attention. It’s a little different when you have a picture zoomed in on something specific and you re sitting at home picking it apart.

180º

I like it! Disneyland didn’t used to have brick sidewalks either. The concrete in the trolley tracks was looking gnarly.

TROR

I like it! Disneyland didn’t used to have brick sidewalks either. The concrete in the trolley tracks was looking gnarly.
Wow I didn't even know that. Had to look it up because I was curious to see what it looked like before.

56MainStreetA.jpg

Seeing this photo, I really appreciate the brick sidewalks. I mean, those bare sidewalks look awful. I'm sure in 50 years I'll look back and say just how boring the street looks without the brick running up the middle.

Donaldfan1934

Wow I didn't even know that. Had to look it up because I was curious to see what it looked like before.

56MainStreetA.jpg

Seeing this photo, I really appreciate the brick sidewalks. I mean, those bare sidewalks look awful. I'm sure in 50 years I'll look back and say just how boring the street looks without the brick running up the middle.
You'd appreciate it even more if WDW was your home park. Down there, they still have those red sidewalks and the pavement on the trolley tracks is in desperate need of refurbishment. Beautification projects like the one they're wrapping up now on the trolley tracks are the kind of things WDW fans dream of. Every time TDA does something like this, it only highlights just how much TDO is letting stagnancy hurt the MK's overall quality.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

You'd also appreciate it even more if WDW was your home park. Down there, they still have those red sidewalks and the pavement on the trolley tracks is in desperate need of refurbishment. Beautification projects like the one they're wrapping up now on the trolley tracks are the kind of things WDW fans dream of. Every time TDA does something like, it only highlights just how much TDO is letting stagnancy hurt the MK's overall quality.

WDW got that AstroTurf hub that looks like it was designed in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Donaldfan1934

WDW got that AstroTurf hub that looks like it was designed in Roller Coaster Tycoon.
Thanks for reminding me.:facepalm:
Personally, I feel the layout changes of MK's new hub were necessary and I even liked the addition of the fountains and the much needed return of trees even if it's still not anywhere near what it used to be or should be. That being said, the new hub clashes big time with the rest of Main Street aesthetically. The lighting fixtures are completely different both in color and design and the beige sidewalks were a MASSIVE missed opportunity to replicate Disneyland's brickwork. I'm hoping for some major DL style refurbishments all around the park that will fix quality disparities like this come the 50th, but I'm not holding my breath for anything on the scale it needs to be.

Hattieboxghost110

You'd appreciate it even more if WDW was your home park. Down there, they still have those red sidewalks and the pavement on the trolley tracks is in desperate need of refurbishment. Beautification projects like the one they're wrapping up now on the trolley tracks are the kind of things WDW fans dream of. Every time TDA does something like this, it only highlights just how much TDO is letting stagnancy hurt the MK's overall quality.

Yea, but the castle's like, YUUUGGGEE! So that's all that really matters. DL'ers have CASTLE ENVY, end of story.

mickEblu

Sarcasm? In all seriousness, I think both castles work just as well given the scale of their respective parks. DL shouldn't have a 189 ft. castle nor should MK have a 77 ft. one.

I haven’t seen WDWs in person. But it looks like ther is no moat and you can’t walk thru the castle via the drawbridge? And no walk thru inside? 🤨

mickEblu

There is a moat. You can walk through the castle. But there isn’t that sleeping beauty Walkthrough. Restaurant instead.

Oh really? Is it small? I can never see the moat in pictures or video? Just looks like a huge stage in front of the castle or something.

Donaldfan1934

I haven’t seen WDWs in person. But it looks like ther is no moat and you can’t walk thru the castle via the drawbridge? And no walk thru inside? 🤨
There's no drawbridge, but there is a moat and you can walk through the castle when a stage show isn't happening in front of it. No walk through inside, but there is a very expensive princess meet & greet restaurant called Cinderella's Royal Table.

shortstop

There's no drawbridge, but there is a moat and you can walk through the castle when a stage show isn't happening in front of it. No walk through inside, but there is a very expensive princess meet & greet restaurant called Cinderella's Royal Table.
Yep, and I’ll add that to walk through the castle you’d have to walk up one of the ramps coming from either side rather than approaching the castle straight on like DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom