DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

Animaniac93-98

Exactly!

(except for the political part)

:zipit:

But is acceptable for Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, the golf courses, the resorts, the water parks, DVCs etc.

Ya know, the WDW Disney doesn't advertise even if it does exist.

Hope you like your princess make-over jt.

Fun2BFree

But is acceptable for Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, the golf courses, the resorts, the water parks, DVCs etc.

Ya know, the WDW Disney doesn't advertise even if it does exist.

Hope you like your princess make-over jt.

There is a difference, however, between offering alcohol and devoting an entire area to it. You can buy a burger and fries at WDW, but they won't open a Wonderful World of Junk-Food.

Animaniac93-98

There is a difference, however, between offering alcohol and devoting an entire area to it. You can buy a burger and fries at WDW, but they won't open a Wonderful World of Junk-Food.

Yes, because PI was really AlcoholLand with the dance clubs, comedy clubs, shops, restaurants and AC just for show.

jt04

And now, it all makes complete sense.

Thanks for playing.

I'm done with this thread.

I guess I win then.

By the way, I love the "Wonderful World of Junk Food" comment fun2bfree. Brilliant!

And it is "fun to be free"! I have tried it and would never go back to not being free.

FREEDOM!

Fun2BFree

Yes, because PI was really AlcoholLand with the dance clubs, comedy clubs, shops, restaurants and AC just for show.

Alcohol is a key ingredient in any night-time district. PI had it on offer like no other place on property. It's ridiculous to say that PI was just drink, but it would have been nowhere as popular without it. You can't say that for Epcot/DHS/AK/water parks/resorts/golf/DVC etc.

EDIT: Please don't read anything political/ideological into my name, JT. It's simply a WoM reference.

71jason

Original Poster

When a place is officially named a "Tequila Bar," how is that not devoting an entire area to alcohol? For that matter, a large chunk of the floorspace in Raglan is "devoted" to alcohol--why they call it a "pub."

Closing PI had nothing to do with making WDW more family-friendly. It had to do with outsourcing services to third parties. Problem is, third parties don't want a whole lot to do with DTD right now (blame the economy, the closing of PI...probably a combination thereof).

Which ties into my original post that started this whole abomination of a thread.

Lee

Adventurer
Oh, my god....the madness is spreading.:brick:

PI had/has it's place at WDW.
Drinking there was not mandatory, I should know as I never did.
You have just as much opportunity to get "hammered" at Epcot, DHS or AK, devoted to it or not.

Again, before I try once again to stay out of this thread from hell....WDW is about having something for everyone, not everything for everyone.

Trying to exclude certain things based on your own likes, tastes or morals is just wrong.

jt04 said:
I guess I win then.
No. Nothing you do or say in this thread will ever be remotely considered a "win". It's simply impossible.:rolleyes:

Fun2BFree

Eh, I'm pulling out of this thread too -- it's been heading to a murky end for quite a while. I'll just say that *my opinion* is that PI's demise was caused partly because it detracted from Disney's target audience. Families didn't want to visit night-clubs, and the people that would avoided it for being too family-friendly.

jt04, you really are the sinister spawn of Thrawn.

Just be wary of people with sci-fi avatars. Dandaman doesn't look sinister... yet. :lookaroun

jt04

The introduction of a flawed idea of politics is really not helping you, jt.

:lol::sohappy:

I am not trying to be "helped". And don't close your mind so soon. At your age it's smart to stay open to all points of view. I believe you are still in college so that will help you in your studies too as you consider different ideas......

Like maybe just maybe, adding PI to WDW was a colossal error of judgement. Just sayin'.:wave:

And now I have once again got this thread back on the topic of DTD!

*takes three bows*

tirian

Eh, I'm pulling out of this thread too -- it's been heading to a murky end for quite a while. I'll just say that *my opinion* is that PI's demise was caused partly because it detracted from Disney's target audience. Families didn't want to visit night-clubs, and the people that would avoided it for being too family-friendly.

Basically, that's it. Club culture and demographics changed from PI's inception, and PI wasn't wild enough for today's average clubber. I heard that Disney felt* it couldn't update the dance clubs without completely isolating the average Guest, a legitimate concern if you look at the popular clubs in Orlando.

But the AC, and even the CW to some degree, had nothing to do with those dance clubs. :mad:

*I know, I know, these are online boards, but this came straight from an exec. You'll have to take my word for it.

jakeman

I take it you follow British politics? It's not 1983 anymore for New Labour, the so-called third way.
*AHEM AHEM AHEM*
I, however, am more interested in following the developments in DtD. It's not 1989 anymore for Pleasure Island, the so-called adult side of Disney. If the image WDW wants to promote is of family-friendliness, it should not also be advertising a place where people can get hammered. There's a reason that alchohol is prohibited in the MK -- it ruins the magic.

I bolded the part that you are missing. Whether right or wrong, PI went against Disney's current marketing.

PI was not for the family demographic that Disney is current chasing.

I realize that there are many types of family, but Disney is not looking for them right now.

I'm not defending the current marketing, just pointing it out.

EPCOT Explorer

I am not trying to be "helped". And don't close your mind so soon. At your age it's smart to stay open to all points of view. I believe you are still in college so that will help you in your studies too as you consider different ideas......

Like maybe just maybe, adding PI to WDW was a colossal error of judgement. Just sayin'.:wave:

And now I have once again got this thread back on the topic of DTD!

*takes three bows*
And nor am I. My mind is not closed, I have my own convictions and thoughts, and I know there are other ones out there. Hence my admittance of yours.:rolleyes:;)Also, despite my age, or degree of study, which you got wrong, I don't think it's that hard. We have talking heads that spout "news" everyday. Quite easy to see their "Agenda"...;)

But enough of that....

The only "colossal error in judgement" for WDW and PI would simply be letting it go, and letting it be killed. But I've only said that several times before.

jt04

And nor am I. My mind is not closed, I have my own convictions and thoughts, and I know there are other ones out there. Hence my admittance of yours.:rolleyes:;)

I see, so it's your opinion what I expressed is "flawed"? Just saying they are flawed does not make it so. Usually such statements are backed up with actual facts.

Like, "PI is shut down because it failed". See that is a fact.

Now I have gotten this thread back on the topic of DTD again.

*takes four bows*

EPCOT Explorer

I bolded the part that you are missing. Whether right or wrong, PI went against Disney's current marketing.

PI was not for the family demographic that Disney is current chasing.

I realize that there are many types of family, but Disney is not looking for them right now.

I'm not defending the current marketing, just pointing it out.

Then I firmly, and emphatically believe that one of the largest and most fundamental errors of Disney right now, is their marketing.

EPCOT Center anyone?:D

EPCOT Explorer

I see, so it's your opinion what I expressed is "flawed"? Just saying they are flawed does not make it so. Usually such statements are backed up with actual facts.

*takes four bows*

In my view they are. I said that.:shrug:

And we can't get into politics here....

jt04

Simply because I NEVER bring it up. I only defend my point of view when somone else does bring up politics. Equal Time. :) And then I always try to bring the thread back on topic.

Speaking of Pleasure Island and DownTown Disney......

......did I mention I really enjoy spending my off hours there? It's beautiful.

Animaniac93-98

*takes four bows*

And yet you say, you don't post "facts" just "opinions" so how do you know your "opinion" is "fact" when it goes against anything else mentioned on this tread?

20K closed because it failed. That's a "fact"!

If you bow any more you're going to make yourself look bad next to that broad from Sound of Music.

WDWFigment

"PI is shut down because it failed". See that is a fact.

That can't possibly be a fact, because it contains an element of subjectivity in it (failed). What do you mean by failed? Failed at...? Entertaining? Turning a profit? Etc.

The statement's truth or falsity is dependent on something external to the statement. It is not a fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom