Dress code violation PIC-OF-THE-DAY

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Come on. Don't you get it? It's funny because they're unattractive! I get it. I get jokes.
Oh I get it...people of wal mart is one of my favorite guilty pleasures...I just can't see Disney being all that thrilled about it and we know that their legal department has no problem sending out cease and desist letters.

WDWmazprty

Right. Who knows how many pics you're in as a random person in the background. And if someone did take a pic of you in the park how would you know?

I think the people of walmart site is hilarious and the one of the parks is too. Dont know what the big deal is. :shrug:

DocMcHulk

Come on. Don't you get it? It's funny because they're unattractive! I get it. I get jokes.

The problem comes with the use of the word disney. They are using "Disney" on a site that is degrading to Disney's guests. They might take offense to that. The CONCEPT is completely legal. However, I dont know the legality of posting faces as this is private property. I'm not a lawyer, but that might be an issue.

With that being said, PeopleOfWalMart is still running, so who knows.

Crazy4WDW1

Right. Who knows how many pics you're in as a random person in the background. And if someone did take a pic of you in the park how would you know?

I think the people of walmart site is hilarious and the one of the parks is too. Dont know what the big deal is. :shrug:

I agree. I just don't get what the problem is? I have lots of pics of strangely dressed people from the parks in my vacation pics. :ROFLOL: If you are going to dress like a freak then I have every right to take your pic.

SRisonS

Ok.

But riddle me this, why would you be taking pictures of other people on vacation? Seriously?

If your getting a picture taken with a character and the Cast Member see someone not in your group taking a picture of you, they will stop that person. The whole thought of taking a picture of people you don't know is rather creepy.

Jimmy Thick- I want to take a shower...

There are quite a few people who take pictures of uniquely dressed guests. And i don't mean when people are posing for family shot; but of people just walking around.

And the reason i know is because I started a similar type thread on another board. I started with a picture of George Reiger (the Disney tattoo guy). It was a very harmless pic; and I asked others to follow suit. I'll admit that I didn't even imagine what others would post. But I was hoping the other pictures would also be harmless (like a kid trying to eat 2 turkey legs at once; or maybe even someone cutely dressed to really show their Disney spirit). But things got a little out of hand. Someone even posted a picture of a young girl in white shorts that were wet..... but you could see her thong (and yes, you could tell she was underage). Needless to say, that thread was removed.

jmvd20

I somewhat agree with those saying do not take pictures of people for the intent of making fun of them... However, these people are begging for it to happen. In any situation I am always for people taking repsonsibility for their own actions. Which includes not wearing a thong, a 2 piece bikini, or stuff yourself into a small pair of sweat pants if you wiegh 450#'s.

I will never win People Magazines sexiest man of the year award which is one of the reasons you will never see me in a thong, or anything else that exposes too much skin for that matter.

Laughing at others to make yourself feel better about who you are - not so much. But pointing out others wearing ridiculous things either because they dont care, or to try and draw attention to themselves is another story. In all honesty when I view some of those featured in the "People of Wal-Mart" I get embarassed for them. Maybe one of those people should look into the mirror and change some of the choices they made instead of trying to sue others for the embarassment.

Crazy4WDW1

If you dress like like the People of Wal-Mart and then come to the parks, then don't be shocked that people will want to snap pics. Take a good look in the mirror. If you have to ask yourself "should I wear this?" . . . rethink your ensemble. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If you dress like like the People of Wal-Mart and then come to the parks, then don't be shocked that people will want to snap pics. Take a good look in the mirror. If you have to ask yourself "should I wear this?" . . . rethink your ensemble. :shrug:

As far as the People of WalMart site:

If you're shopping at Wal*Mart to begin with, then you really aren't in a position to judge others.

janoimagine

Ok.

But riddle me this, why would you be taking pictures of other people on vacation? Seriously?

If your getting a picture taken with a character and the Cast Member see someone not in your group taking a picture of you, they will stop that person. The whole thought of taking a picture of people you don't know is rather creepy.

Jimmy Thick- I want to take a shower...

I don't think it's any different than editorial photography at an event, if you see an interresting subject, you document it. Same thing applies to people, interresting people make for great photographs. I have never seen a cast member stop anyone from taking anothers picture, I would like to know what law says they can't. The ASMP has several discussions on this subject for anyone who is interrested.

Or are you just worried about someone getting a shot of you in your jean shorts at the Cali Grill? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom