Dreamworks Possibly Making Halo Movie?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am NOT doubting the impressive sales figures. But you can't deny the target demographic for this product which is what I am arguing here. And let's just say that it's not a demographic that goes to Disney world. How is this even a debate? Halo would be great for Universal. Not the Magic Kingdom. Disney does't want the demographic. That is why we lost Alien Encounter. :shrug:
I would say that you are correct. There are a lot of Halo fans out there but I think the number who are Halo and Disney Park fans is much smaller. The themes for Halo are also pretty dark and do not exactly scream "Family friendly".

janoimagine

But i'd rather have a Zelda Attraction if they ever did this.:D

Ahhhhh, the truth comes out. I too for a long time was a Nintendo fan and owned every console they ever did. But when I was waiting to pick up my game cube when it launched I noticed the XBox display to my left, and then walked out of Gamestop with both. I ended up playing the XBox for days before even opening the cube. :lol:

JustInTime

I never said in any of my posts that I felt the best place for the ride was in the MK, I agree with you in that it doesn't really fit into the MK, would I object to it were they to put it in, no. That being said it wouldn't be my first choice, simple as that.

I do feel it has a larger and more diverse following than you may be giving it credit for. Yes, it is the Harry Potter of the Video game franchise, and Spartan 117 has trumped Nintendo's Mario in every respect. But to say it doesn't belong in Disney period is very narrow minded and short sighted. I think Disney could and would do a far better job than Uni at an attraction, and with the help of the creatives at Bungie, the ride would be spectacular to say the least.

Do I think this ever has a chance of making it into the Theme Parks, sadly no, their is far too much red tape surrounding the entire Halo franchise to get anything done, I think that is in large part to Microsoft being the owner of the IP.

Would I like to see this happen? Of course, what Halo fan wouldn't? :D

Fair enough. And a ride could really be awesome. And to my credit, the post you quoted was in reference to the other member's claim that the ride should go into Magic Kingdom. And as for me saying it would never fit anywhere in WDW, read my latest post:

I agree with this. And as DHS currently stands, it wouldn't fit. But as everyone knows, Hollywood LOVES to turn great games into moves and great movies into games. I have always thought that DHS should have a section dedicated to this. So, an entire new land showing the process from game to screen and screen to game could be really, really cool. Plus and E-ticket attraction and THEN it would fit.

But i'd rather have a Zelda Attraction if they ever did this.

EDIT: You beat me to it.

JustInTime

Ahhhhh, the truth comes out. I too for a long time was a Nintendo fan and owned every console they ever did. But when I was waiting to pick up my game cube when it launched I noticed the XBox display to my left, and then walked out of Gamestop with both. I ended up playing the XBox for days before even opening the cube. :lol:

:LOL: I am a huge Gamer. And a massive Zelda fan. However, I have never had an Xbox (but I have played Halo). And the Gamecube was a letdown anyway! Thankfully, the Wii is about to get really, really good.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I would say that you are correct. There are a lot of Halo fans out there but I think the number who are Halo and Disney Park fans is much smaller. The themes for Halo are also pretty dark and do not exactly scream "Family friendly".

It wouldn't be too difficult to tone down the themes for an attraction. All you have to do is not include blood (although seeing purple blood come out of an Elite AA would be awesome) and lighten up the mood a bit. You could steal a page from Universal and have guests be UNSC trainees who are thrown into the action when the Covenant attack the training base.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It wouldn't be too difficult to tone down the themes for an attraction. All you have to do is not include blood (although seeing purple blood come out of an Elite AA would be awesome) and lighten up the mood a bit. You could steal a page from Universal and have guests be UNSC trainees who are thrown into the action when the Covenant attack the training base.
Sure it might be possible but if someone was going to do an E-ticket Halo attraction I would want the real thing not a kidded down version. PotC is a great attraction that shows a jovial, romanticized version of piracy but it in no way relates to the reality of what actually happened. I just fear that if they Disneyfied Halo Master Chief would end up singing a jaunty song.

JustInTime

Lets hope so, I own one and I haven't played it in months.

The last game I played on it was Super Mario Bros. Wii. Amazing title but we are coming to a year (I forgot about Galaxy 2 so really 7 months). The next 6 months will bring us: Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby Epic Yarn (not even a Kirby fan but this looks amazing) and hopefully, Zelda.

The DS is where it's at anyway.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The last game I played on it was Super Mario Bros. Wii. Amazing title but we are coming to a year (I forgot about Galaxy 2 so really 7 months). The next 6 months will bring us: Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby Epic Yarn (not even a Kirby fan but this looks amazing) and hopefully, Zelda.

The DS is where it's at anyway.
Unless you are into hardcore FPS. I have never been into the platformers like Mario, Zelda, etc. I love the games like Call of Duty, Unreal, Bioshock, etc and for that the 360 is the way to go. I am however really looking forward to Kinect. That system looks to have huge potential. I do not think it will do much with the hardcore market but I think it will set the casual market on fire.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Sure it might be possible but if someone was going to do an E-ticket Halo attraction I would want the real thing not a kidded down version. PotC is a great attraction that shows a jovial, romanticized version of piracy but it in no way relates to the reality of what actually happened. I just fear that if they Disneyfied Halo Master Chief would end up singing a jaunty song.

That's where Microsoft's imput comes in. I'm sure they wouldn't approve such a project if it was too dumbed down. Disney doesn't do too many attractions based on properties they don't own, but lets look at a few examples:

Star Tours: Pretty true to the Star Wars name. It was considered cheesy by modern standards, but it was pretty true to it's inspiration.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular: Not really much to work on here, but it's still a great re-creation of some of the best stunts from Raiders.

Muppet Vision 3-D: When this was built, Disney didn't own the Muppets. The sly humor of the Muppets remained in tact, which is why this 3-D movie should always remain as is.

The Great Movie Ride: All of the MGM properties are pretty authentic and well represented in the attraction.

I guess what I'm saying is that although Disney doesn't do many attractions based on non first party properties, the ones they have done are true to what they are based on. A Halo attraction should be no different.

EmperorMilenko

Unless you are into hardcore FPS. I have never been into the platformers like Mario, Zelda, etc. I love the games like Call of Duty, Unreal, Bioshock, etc and for that the 360 is the way to go. I am however really looking forward to Kinect. That system looks to have huge potential. I do not think it will do much with the hardcore market but I think it will set the casual market on fire.

I'm with ya on this one. And Kinect looks amazing. Much better looking than PSMove =P Only thing I'm looking forward to on the Wii is Epic Mickey and the new Zelda. other than that I'll stick to waiting for the 3DS preorder date. Incredible graphics card to match even the 360. And might i say the new RE for the 3DS looks no less than amzing. btw, going to play some Halo Reach, pm me if ya want my gamertag. not forum appropriate i guess

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm with ya on this one. And Kinect looks amazing. Much better looking than PSMove =P Only thing I'm looking forward to on the Wii is Epic Mickey and the new Zelda. other than that I'll stick to waiting for the 3DS preorder date. Incredible graphics card to match even the 360. And might i say the new RE for the 3DS looks no less than amzing. btw, going to play some Halo Reach, pm me if ya want my gamertag. not forum appropriate i guess
Actually it is. There is a running list for forum members. Mine is Master Yoda WDW but i rarely to never do much in the way of online gaming.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=53718&highlight=xbox

Stitchmon

I don't know about you, but "Grunt Birthday Party Skull" screams family friendly...:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Plus, who wouldn't wanna see this lovable fella?

awesome_halo_elite_costume_1.jpg

Final thing just to give an answer to the question of the Warthogs being reworked - I do believe in the Warthog variations, a Carrier-type was in the plans, but was scrapped completely, not like how the Mongoose was scrapped then used.
I believed it carried 6-8 marines, erm, passengers....

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I don't know about you, but "Grunt Birthday Party Skull" screams family friendly...:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Plus, who wouldn't wanna see this lovable fella?

awesome_halo_elite_costume_1.jpg

Final thing just to give an answer to the question of the Warthogs being reworked - I do believe in the Warthog variations, a Carrier-type was in the plans, but was scrapped completely, not like how the Mongoose was scrapped then used.

Nice pic btw...

My consept for a Halo ride would be a 6 person warthog with detachable guns and a marine AA in a turret. Guests would shoot at the covenant forces with their guns while the automatically driven warthog journeys through a shattered training base. Eventually you square off against the Gravemind and Master Chief comes in to save the day.

WDWmazprty

I'd love to see the Halo franchise mix in with the Star Wars franchise.

Something about The Jedi and Spartans working together against the Empire and the Covenant and the Flood seem intriguing to me! :drevil::sohappy:

janoimagine

The carrier Hog was in 3 ... the M831 Troop Transport, and was drive able. In Reach it makes a cameo on the Oni Sword base level, (just after you grab the target locator, the next cutscene has the 2 Wraiths tag teaming it and the marines on board.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom