Dreamworks Possibly Making Halo Movie?

hokielutz

A) This would be awesome.

B) If Buzz was replaced with Master Chief in Tomorrowland with a ride more like MiB at UNi rather than a cheap carnival ride, I could die a happy man.

You do realize the logistical nightmares that would have to be incurred to bring something like to TL?? Several attractions would have to be closed and new buildings would have to be erected... not to mention what it would do to the tunnels below.

Also the theme just wouldn't fit in the MK. Better suited for Studios or maybe EPCOT.... but that would be a stretch.

Texas84

There was once talk about a Japanese anime with Master Chief as a woman. うそじゃありません (I'm not kidding)

GLaDOS

You do realize the logistical nightmares that would have to be incurred to bring something like to TL?? Several attractions would have to be closed and new buildings would have to be erected... not to mention what it would do to the tunnels below.

Ummm...Buzz is the only one that would have to be close. There's a vacant parking lot and land available next to it.

Also the theme just wouldn't fit in the MK.

Explain to me how it wouldn't fit in Tomorrowland? Because it's not for 5 year olds?:rolleyes::lol:

JustInTime

Ummm...Buzz is the only one that would have to be close. There's a vacant parking lot and land available next to it.

Explain to me how it wouldn't fit in Tomorrowland? Because it's not for 5 year olds?:rolleyes::lol:

Ok. We are talking about Halo in MAGIC KINGDOM. Say that out loud 5 times and tell me it doesn't sound stupid.

GLaDOS

Ok. We are talking about Halo in MAGIC KINGDOM. Say that out loud 5 times and tell me it doesn't sound stupid.

Nope. Not to me. It's no different than having Star Wars or Indiana Jones in Disneyland.:wave:

Not that it matters because it would never happen.

JustInTime

Nope. Not to me. It's no different than having Star Wars or Indiana Jones in Disneyland.:wave:

Not that it matters because it would never happen.

Really? Except Halo's appeal is very small while Star Wars has a pretty huge appeal. Plus toss in the fact that it's a classic film (not to mention that MK doesn't have Indy or Star Wars in it). :kiss:

GLaDOS

Really? Except Halo's appeal is very small while Star Wars has a pretty huge appeal. Plus toss in the fact that it's a classic film (not to mention that MK doesn't have Indy or Star Wars in it). :kiss:

Number of Halo games sold: 24.1 million, not counting Halo: Reach, which was just released and made 200 million dollars on release day

Number of Indiana Jones DVDs sold: Give or take 10-15 million

Number of Star Wars DVDs sold: Ballpark around 30-40 million

Small appeal, eh?:wave:

JustInTime

Number of Halo games sold: 24.1 million, not counting Halo: Reach, which was just released and made 200 million dollars on release day

Number of Indiana Jones DVDs sold: Give or take 10-15 million

Number of Star Wars DVDs sold: Ballpark around 30-40 million

Small appeal, eh?:wave:

Your debate holds no ground. Forget these figures. A dvd is 20.00 while a game is 60.00. Not to mention the fact that you leave out box office figures to suppot an idea that will never come to Magic Kingdom, thankfully. Even if your numbers added content to what your saying, a tiny fraction of the Halo fans would travel to Disney World to see the attraction. I am not knocking Halo and I think it's trendy because it's a good series. It's just that everything has it's place and time... :wave:

Magenta Panther

Nah. The deal is with Dreamworks and Universal has had it's hand in the project entirely too much for it to come to Disney. And too much money. Not to mention a Halo ride doesn't belong in Disney World. :shrug:

I agree with this. Plus...that Halo movie project has been in development hell for so long...maybe it's a sign that a good movie can't be made out of it. I hope I'm wrong though. It's a heck of a good game.

GLaDOS

Your debate holds no ground. Forget these figures. A dvd is 20.00 while a game is 60.00.

The only monetary figure there is the 200 million for Halo: Reach in it's first day(Which 200 million, even at 60 bucks a pop is nothing to blink at). All the others are number of Game/DVD copies sold. Read carefully.

a tiny fraction of the Halo fans would travel to Disney World to see the attraction.

Just like a tiny fraction of Harry Potter fans traveled to Islands of Adventure to see the attraction?:p

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Halo would be a pretty major score if Disney could get their hands on it for theme park use. DHS would be an ideal destination (or maybe 5th gate) for a Halo attraction. I agree that it doesn't belong at MK, but who's to say that Disney could make a Halo ride at a different park?

janoimagine

Really? Except Halo's appeal is very small while Star Wars has a pretty huge appeal.

Your kidding right? The latest title 'Reach' hit $200 million in its first day of sales, there are a total of 5 games in the franchise (I refuse to count that POS 'Halo Wars' in that tally), books, comics, ect. The franchise to date has sold more than 34 million copies, and grossed over 2 billion in sales to date.

Wow you have a skewed vision of what appeals to the masses my friend. :lol:

JustInTime

The only monetary figure there is the 200 million for Halo: Reach in it's first day(Which 200 million, even at 60 bucks a pop is nothing to blink at). All the others are number of Game/DVD copies sold. Read carefully.

Just like a tiny fraction of Harry Potter fans traveled to Islands of Adventure to see the attraction?:p

Once again, foret the numbers you tossed out. While impressive, they aren't a fair comparison. If you want to include fair numbers, include the Box Office numbers from the movies you are arguing. And as for Harry Potter...well it's only the biggest literary and theatrical phenomenon the world has ever seen. The writer alone is a BILLIONAIRE. Not to mention in terms of what I am speaking about (wide appeal), Potter only supports my claim even more. You can't find anything that has a wider appeal then Harry Potter. All age groups, races and sexes love Potter. It's bound to have a theme park. Halo's audience is mostly going to be young to middle age males. I don't see them traveling eleven hours to take a right at Cinderella's castle to ride an eight minute ride base off of their favorite game. To put it bluntly: this ride will not happen in Magic Kingdom. And as I have already stated, there is a time and place for everything. Not now and not in the Magic Kingdom. I do think Universal would have their arms open for it at some point. AND IT WOULD FIT! WOW! Imagine that!

I have nothing to say about this. :snore:

P.S. Are you sure you are "new here"?

WDWmazprty

Yeah, Halo is VERY huge! As far as melding it with Disney fans, it probly wont work. But, Halo could easily make millions of dollars if the movie is done right.

JustInTime

Your kidding right? The latest title 'Reach' hit $200 million in its first day of sales, there are a total of 5 games in the franchise (I refuse to count that POS 'Halo Wars' in that tally), books, comics, ect. The franchise to date has sold more than 34 million copies, and grossed over 2 billion in sales to date.

Wow you have a skewed vision of what appeals to the masses my friend. :lol:

I am NOT doubting the impressive sales figures. But you can't deny the target demographic for this product which is what I am arguing here. And let's just say that it's not a demographic that goes to Disney world. How is this even a debate? Halo would be great for Universal. Not the Magic Kingdom. Disney does't want the demographic. That is why we lost Alien Encounter. :shrug:

JustInTime

Halo would be a pretty major score if Disney could get their hands on it for theme park use. DHS would be an ideal destination (or maybe 5th gate) for a Halo attraction. I agree that it doesn't belong at MK, but who's to say that Disney could make a Halo ride at a different park?

I agree with this. And as DHS currently stands, it wouldn't fit. But as everyone knows, Hollywood LOVES to turn great games into moves and great movies into games. I have always thought that DHS should have a section dedicated to this. So, an entire new land showing the process from game to screen and screen to game could be really, really cool. Plus and E-ticket attraction and THEN it would fit.

But i'd rather have a Zelda Attraction if they ever did this.:D

janoimagine

I am NOT doubting the impressive sales figures. But you can't deny the target demographic for this product which is what I am arguing here. And let's just say that it's not a demographic that goes to Disney world. How is this even a debate? Halo would be great for Universal. Not the Magic Kingdom. Disney does't want the demographic. That is why we lost Alien Encounter. :shrug:

I never said in any of my posts that I felt the best place for the ride was in the MK, I agree with you in that it doesn't really fit into the MK, would I object to it were they to put it in, no. That being said it wouldn't be my first choice, simple as that.

I do feel it has a larger and more diverse following than you may be giving it credit for. Yes, it is the Harry Potter of the Video game franchise, and Spartan 117 has trumped Nintendo's Mario in every respect. But to say it doesn't belong in Disney period is very narrow minded and short sighted. I think Disney could and would do a far better job than Uni at an attraction, and with the help of the creatives at Bungie, the ride would be spectacular to say the least.

Do I think this ever has a chance of making it into the Theme Parks, sadly no, their is far too much red tape surrounding the entire Halo franchise to get anything done, I think that is in large part to Microsoft being the owner of the IP.

Would I like to see this happen? Of course, what Halo fan wouldn't? :D

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I agree with this. And as DHS currently stands, it wouldn't fit. But as everyone knows, Hollywood LOVES to turn great games into moves and great movies into games. I have always thought that DHS should have a section dedicated to this. So, an entire new land showing the process from game to screen and screen to game could be really, really cool. Plus and E-ticket attraction and THEN it would fit.

But i'd rather have a Zelda Attraction if they ever did this.:D

Exactly. Honestly a new layout for Studios would be fantastic. Perhaps group areas by genre for example. Then Halo could go next to Star Tours II. As Studios is, it's a park that is the place for everything that doesn't fit in the other parks. That's not really acceptable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom