Dreamfinder Merchandise!

vickyvale

i certainly woulnd't think twenty-four dollars to be over priced merchandise. i think that's more than reasonable for a nice t-shirt.

SFSC26

Well in terms of old journey track underneath the new journey queue line...

When you are walking around the 'receptionist' desk and about to walk in the large black open gate into the 'sensory labs' area- if you look down (or even feel) at the black floor you can distinctly follow two parallel slightly curving lines bulging from underneath the floor that match exactly where the former load area ended and the ride turned left and into the beginning of the ride.

Skyway

I certainly believe that the current JIA is the park's most least-visited ride.

But I don't understand WHY (yes, I know its a mediocre attraction, but follow my logic here.....)

I would assume that AP's and Disney Die-Hards make up a relatively small part of Epcot's daily attendance.

And I would bet that a good portion of Epcot visitors have not been to the park in at least six years.

If so, that means every day a very large pool of Epcot visitors has never been on JIA.

So how do they know not to ride it???

And even if an entirely new attraction is built behind those sliding glass doors, how will they know its any better???

My guess is that it boils down to marketing.

Certainly a brand new Figment ride would make the cover of the park map, not to mention billboards, radio spots, and other advertising.

I would also imagine if such a promotional blitz was done on the current ride, it would also generate long lines. (Of course, the reason that promotion is not done because, once people do see this latest version, they'll be disappointed)

But even without promotion, the current ride really does hide from the rest of the park.

People are drawn to HISTA by the jumping water fountains and well-marked entry. JIA is tucked away on the side of the building behind a small set of doors and very minimal signage.

While JIA has its problems, its clear Disney has not tried to draw more crowds to it. It's almost as though they want it to fail....so they can bring in something better!

tirian

I would also imagine if such a promotional blitz was done on the current ride, it would also generate long lines. (Of course, the reason that promotion is not done because, once people do see this latest version, they'll be disappointed)

Bingo. The advertising department isn't stupid. They're not going to tout a ride that has low guest satisfaction ratings.

Guidebooks don't give the current dark ride high marks, either.

I could be wrong, but I believe the original attraction used the same entrance. I was too young to remember. Anyway, it was one of the most popular rides at EPCOT Center in its day.

EPCOT Explorer

Bingo. The advertising department isn't stupid. They're not going to tout a ride that has low guest satisfaction ratings.

Guidebooks don't give the current dark ride high marks, either.

I could be wrong, but I believe the original attraction used the same entrance. I was too young to remember. Anyway, it was one of the most popular rides at EPCOT Center in its day.

It did.

HMF

People are drawn to HISTA by the jumping water fountains and well-marked entry. JIA is tucked away on the side of the building behind a small set of doors and very minimal signage.
Minimal signage? That building is covered in tacky, Temporay-looking pinned up signs. Unfortunateley that appears to be the trend within WDI these days(TT, POTC).

EPCOT Explorer

Minimal signage? That building is covered in tacky, Temporay-looking pinned up signs. Unfortunateley that appears to be the trend within WDI these days(TT, POTC).

Yeah, I know...The only cool thing about the sign there is the main one with the optical illusion...if they wanted to they could totally use the upside down fountain in the sinage...:dazzle:

SirNim

My guess is that it boils down to marketing.

Certainly a brand new Figment ride would make the cover of the park map, not to mention billboards, radio spots, and other advertising.
The ultimate synergistic companion to a new attraction would be a feature film released in theaters nationwide... :zipit:

Would that be the day? :shrug:

jedimaster1227

Please restore the fountain in front of the building to its original splendor.

Don't speak too soon... :animwink:

That would be incredible...EPCOT with it's own movie? *swoons*

Technically it has already had its own movie. Three if not four depending on how you count it:

1. Project X (EPCOT introduction video with Walt)
2.Would you eat a blue potato? (Figment)
3. EPCOT Center Preview Video (Released before the park opened, a sample of which is played in the EPCOT Center 25th Gallery-think, "We're Getting Ready for You!")
4. EPCOT Center Grand Opening Special (featuring Danny Kaye).

EPCOT Explorer

Don't speak too soon... :animwink:

Technically it has already had its own movie. Three if not four depending on how you count it:

1. Project X (EPCOT introduction video with Walt)
2.Would you eat a blue potato? (Figment)
3. EPCOT Center Preview Video (Released before the park opened, a sample of which is played in the EPCOT Center 25th Gallery-think, "We're Getting Ready for You!")
4. EPCOT Center Grand Opening Special (featuring Danny Kaye).
You know what I mean though...A general release local theature movie...WOW that would be cool!:eek::D

OneLittleSpark

Imagination refurb

After reading all of these posts and other threads from the people in the know Adam/ Martin/Lee etc.. I get the feeling or impression that this will be a middle of the road makeover again. This is not what I was told or hinted to as recently as 4 months ago Wow things must have changed or I got some bad info. I was told of some big changes to the pavilion?

CaptainMichael

Imagination refurb

After reading all of these posts and other threads from the people in the know Adam/ Martin/Lee etc.. I get the feeling or impression that this will be a middle of the road makeover again. This is not what I was told or hinted to as recently as 4 months ago Wow things must have changed or I got some bad info. I was told of some big changes to the pavilion?

:shrug:

From what I read from them, the new Imagination should be amazing. I don't know what you're reading:shrug:

jedimaster1227

Imagination refurb

Lets just say that this refurbishment should undo much of the damage that was done after version 2 was installed. Mind you, the one original aspect of the project was completely removed from the plans, but the way I look at it, that aspect's loss, is another's major gain.

DisneyDellsDude

Lets just say that this refurbishment should undo much of the damage that was done after version 2 was installed. Mind you, the one original aspect of the project was completely removed from the plans, but the way I look at it, that aspect's loss, is another's major gain.

What was the original aspect that was removed from the plans?
Can you tell?

dxwwf3

I hope that the mindset isn't just to do better than what is currently there. They should strive to try and do even better than the original attraction. Taking the easy way out has got them in trouble in the past with the money spent on the previous versions and they should strive to build an attraction that can last for 20 years or so. And hearing that a major aspect of the attraction has already been completely removed (I would assume that it would be a good aspect) is not a good sign.

HMF

The way it is starting to sound they might just be bringing Dreamfinder back and leaving everything else. This sounds like it might just be Journey into Your Imagination with Figment and Dreamfinder.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom