Dreamfinder Merchandise!

Figments Friend

That would be incredible...EPCOT with it's own movie?

*swoons*

* swoons also at the thought*

Actually that would make a fairly decent film...really. In the 35+ years the WDW Resort has been around, there is yet to be a complete and comprehensive documentary film about the Parks creation and history....at least, i am not aware of one. They could certainly put together a very informative and engrossing full length theatrical film about the Resorts complete history...from conception to construction...to the changing attractions..additonal Parks being added ( EC. MGM, AK..etc..) and loads more. The possibilities are endless really..depending on how much footage/info WDI would be willing to share with the whoever the filmakers would be ( if not WD Pictures themselves)

Heck, that would be a great film! 2+ hours easy.

Release it in IMAX too....i wanna see/hear EPCOT Center's creation in glorious full sound!

:D

EPCOT Explorer

^ Believe me, it isn`t. From what I`m told, it really will be Imagination 4.0

Woot!:sohappy:

* swoons also at the thought*

Actually that would make a fairly decent film...really. In the 35+ years the WDW Resort has been around, there is yet to be a complete and comprehensive documentary film about the Parks creation and history....at least, i am not aware of one. They could certainly put together a very informative and engrossing full length theatrical film about the Resorts complete history...from conception to construction...to the changing attractions..additonal Parks being added ( EC. MGM, AK..etc..) and loads more. The possibilities are endless really..depending on how much footage/info WDI would be willing to share with the whoever the filmakers would be ( if not WD Pictures themselves)

Heck, that would be a great film! 2+ hours easy.

Release it in IMAX too....i wanna see/hear EPCOT Center's creation in glorious full sound!

:D

*dies*

Roxas

I would make it purple.

That would certainly draw more attention to the ride but...

as far as I can imagine it would clash terribly with Epcot's design scheme...

A theatrically released Figment movie Could be awesome, POTC turned out well didn't it. Figment also has the cuteness factor to sell merchandise, I think it should be Live action/Traditional Animation (ie. Song of the South/ Who framed Roger rabbit)

OneLittleSpark

I hope that the mindset isn't just to do better than what is currently there. They should strive to try and do even better than the original attraction. Taking the easy way out has got them in trouble in the past with the money spent on the previous versions and they should strive to build an attraction that can last for 20 years or so. And hearing that a major aspect of the attraction has already been completely removed (I would assume that it would be a good aspect) is not a good sign.

I agree I hold this refurb to a higher standard only because what they did to it.

:shrug:

From what I read from them, the new Imagination should be amazing. I don't know what you're reading:shrug:

It looks good/OK to me .. but amazing ? Maybe I missed some amazing details .. Please tell , I'm not trying to be smart here either maybe I really missed something?.

Maybe my expectations are too high! I agree with dxwwf3 this should be equal or better than the original. What would you say if they put the exact original back in ? Most would say it is great the first couple of times then after 1/2 a year it would be like "look how dated this ride is". It would look like CoP . When this attraction opened it was high tech! Or at least I thought it was. It had the WOW factor, not only the ride operation itself ( vehicles that grouped together, then split apart) but lasers , all of the other special effects and projections, the turntable was just amazing and how each ride vehicle kept it's distance from the moving wall. I have just been looking at what Adam and others have been saying and many times it's like well we should see this return or this being redone and perhaps this part of the track will be re-installed . That sounds like a swap-out to me , or should I say a redo of the old . I would rather hear "Look for them to gut the building and jack hammer and remove the entire floor" or the fountains will be removed and a new design will be put in it's place . Don't get me wrong . I love the original , I really miss it anyting is better than what's in there now. But I would like to see a ride that when you get off you say "WOW that was great!" or look at what they did here or there. But there have been no official announcements and many people still need to be hush- hush :zipit: about details so I'm probably in the wrong judging what has been said so far only time will tell. And speaking of changes and Wow I guess I can say what I have been told since I seem to be mis-informed or perhaps designs have changed. Starting with the exterior . The front lower exterior was to be expanded call it a lobby if you want which would include some major structural changes to lower half of building. Here go could enter the magic eye theater (or whatever it's called now HISTA), image works (2nd floor) and J4.0 and gift shop . The 2nd floor was to get bumped out in the back which oddly would make image works smaller can't say anymore about that (just in case) I also heard that the turntable will make it's re-appearance again but not in its original format ? Track or path length would at least match original . Redesign is costly due to way the pavilion was built . It is not some large open steel warehouse , there are many poured concrete walls and trenches , which is costly to modify (thinking this is the reason for many of the delays) several areas were measured and noted for structural supports during imageworks refurb last year. The exterior fountains and walkways were/are to get a complete make-over .There were several design /enhancement choices drawn up based on $$$. Since I can't confirm any of this take it for what it worth and if anyone in the know cares to shoot some or all of this down , be my guest.

Whatever the case lets just hope they use their Imagination when creating a new ride experience . I have also seen some concept ideas from the original two floor design . I sure hope someone knowledgeable has at least thought of using something in the new remake. :):) but I guess it would depend on there theme.

aladdin2007

In multiple words, look for some major color work being the smallest aspect of this much larger project... :animwink:

:sohappy:

Figment82

Back to the original topic (the shirts) - they were in good supply at Image Works last night. I was able to pick up a Small and it seemed all other sizes were there as well.

EPCOT.nut

Back to the original topic (the shirts) - they were in good supply at Image Works last night. I was able to pick up a Small and it seemed all other sizes were there as well.

YAY! I was thinking of making a day-trip out of it today to head to EPCOT but thought better of it when I did my budget. :lol: I'll be there at the end of August so I can wait until then. No shirt emergencies allowed....! :eek:

olmec26

Will the ImageWorks stay where they are, or will they be moved upstairs again? Heck, will ANYTHING be put upstairs or will it remain vacant as it is now?

LeeLee D

I bought my on Wed. and there were lots. I am on the other end of the size spectrum and was able to find a 2XL.

I love reading all the thoughts and hints about a referb, any idea as to when?

tirian

Will the ImageWorks stay where they are, or will they be moved upstairs again? Heck, will ANYTHING be put upstairs or will it remain vacant as it is now?

Both floors will be used again.

Oh, and every purple color that doesn't fade quickly in WDW is "John Hench Purple." He developed it to withstand the Floridian sun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom