Dreamfinder Merchandise!

dxwwf3

everyone quickly buy that shirt to motivate Disney to redo Imagination pavillion and bring back DREAMFINDER!!!!!!

Well obviously it will take more than that ;), but this is a chance to put our money where our mouth is. Even though some on here are probably cringing that Disney is releasing merchandise aimed at the fans (and not the average guest), I hope that the popularity of these new Epcot retro items do turn a few heads in management. The shirts seem to be selling really well right now.

tirian

Well obviously it will take more than that ;), but this is a chance to put our money where our mouth is. Even though some on here are probably cringing that Disney is releasing merchandise aimed at the fans (and not the average guest), I hope that the popularity of these new Epcot retro items do turn a few heads in management. The shirts seem to be selling really well right now.

Actually, the retro merchandise has been selling extremely well; that's why so much of it is being produced. Disney underestimated how many Guests have fond memories of old-school EPCOT Center.

dxwwf3

Disney underestimated how many Guests have fond memories of old-school EPCOT Center.

It seems like they finally started taking notice right around Celebration 25. But there is certainly no doubt they did underestimate the appeal of pre-94 EPCOT Center.

dxwwf3

The massive 1980s-retro trend helps, too. :wave:

I don't know if regular guests would make the connection between these shirts and an 80's retro trend in fashion too much. I could be wrong, but I would think that most of the shirts sold are going to people who are fans of the original EPCOT Center park.

tirian

I don't know if regular guests would make the connection between these shirts and an 80's retro trend in fashion too much. I could be wrong, but I would think that most of the shirts sold are going to people who are fans of the original EPCOT Center park.

Imagination? No. EPCOT Center and "The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982"? Yes.

dxwwf3

Imagination? No. EPCOT Center and "The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982"? Yes.

Maybe the "The 21st Centry Began..." shirt, but I doubt the EPCOT Center one would connect much with an average guest/first time visitor.

Luckily I was able to grab one of the green EPCOT Center shirts at Mouse Gear last week when they got a new shipment of XXL sizes in. It was actually a larger and longer cut than my "The 21st Century..." XXL shirt was. I was thrilled.

jedimaster1227

Test, test, test the waters!

Disney is far past the need to test anymore. (The Figment and Dreamfinder statue release was one of the major tests, among othere things).

I wonder if this shirt is a hint of things to come?
*pings Adam about new shirt*

While I don't have the shirt, as I missed it yesterday during my visit to Epcot (the one time I don't go in MouseGears, I miss this), the shirt is just a way to further revive the Dreamfinder (albeit, in a small way) in preparation for his return in the new version.

Right now, I'm hearing that sometime around October (as of now), we will know what is to become of the Imagination pavilion.

everyone quickly buy that shirt to motivate Disney to redo Imagination pavillion and bring back DREAMFINDER!!!!!!

While it will help, the decisions are already made (and from what I was told, they were made back before Epcot's 25th).

It seems like they finally started taking notice right around Celebration 25. But there is certainly no doubt they did underestimate the appeal of pre-94 EPCOT Center.

Actually, they started taking notice around February when the post-"no public celebration" uproar took place. The size of Celebration 25, The Epcot Thing and other fan events on October 1st, combined with the amount of promotional merchandise that was sold, was a major reinforcement of the idea. If it weren't for the success of the 25th Anniversary activities set by Disney, Animal Kingdom wouldn't likely have celebrated its tenth anniversary either, or had any merchandise to commemorate it.

While the marketing of products is a major factor, I agree in saying that Disney underestimated the strength, if not loyalty of the fan base, but their decision to overhaul to the pavilion is one based more on ride popularity, attendance and overall appeal of the current state of the pavilion (for general guests as well as for the fans). What will be done is meant to appeal to the largest audience.

HMF

here you go. nice shirt.

dreamfinder.jpg
dreamfinderlarge.jpg
Hmm, looks promising but I would be dissapointed if they brought back the original logo. They should create new logos in the vein of the new one for SSE for all the pavillions.

Blackie Pueblo

That is a NICE shirt. I think we are all in agreeance that it brings back the total awesomeness of what the ride use to be. But here's where the painful truth come in. How much was it going for?

"It will continue to grow as long as their is imagination left in the world."
---Walter Elias Disney

epcotpalms

Original Poster
Actually, the retro merchandise has been selling extremely well; that's why so much of it is being produced. Disney underestimated how many Guests have fond memories of old-school EPCOT Center.

Actually, if you go through an old forum about the retro merchandise you'll learn it's been developed because there's a new person creating the Epcot merchandise for the past 2 years or so. His name was listed but I won't rehash that information as it's kind of private information. Not that it matters...as long as new cool stuff keeps coming!

Figment82

That is a NICE shirt. I think we are all in agreeance that it brings back the total awesomeness of what the ride use to be. But here's where the painful truth come in. How much was it going for?

---Walter Elias Disney

I already stated in my earlier post, it's $24.95

And it's only (currently) being sold at the Imagination Pavilion, not Mouse Gear.

WDWFigment

I think this Dreamfinder looks more like Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead than the old Dreamfinder.

Well, this is an old promotional picture (if you have the pre-release EPCOT Center book, this picture is in it). It's not like they could take a photograph of Dreamfinder and put it on the shirt (well, they could, but that might look odd). In my opinion, this is the best part of the shirt.

Adam, I meant to quote your post too, but apparently I didn't hit the button. :shrug:. I'm not so sure what you said about the Figment and Dreamfinder statue ("Imaginary Friends") is accurate--that WDCC sculpture was released a year after the "One Little Spark" one (which was just Figment).

The first one sold out in a little over one day, the Figment and Dreamfinder one took 1 year and 3 months (in what I consider a neat story, I know this because I got the very last one. On our November trip, my fiancee tried to secretly get me one from Art of Disney in DtD, but they had sold out the day prior. With the help of some great cast members, the New York World of Disney shipped their display model to her). Granted, Imaginary Friends had a release of 1,000 and cost $50 more whereas One Little Spark was only 500, but I don't think that accounts for such a large difference in how long it took to sell out.

But I do have to admit I was a little surprised it took so long to sell out; if Disney advertised WDW Mail Order a little better, I don't think that would be the case. Imaginary Friends sold for huge premimums on eBay (as has #3 in the series, "Figment Pigment"), and I wonder how quickly it would have sold out if all the Figment fans knew they could've gotten it for less than $300 by simply calling WDW. I'm actually a little surprised that this shirt isn't on eBay yet (word to the wise: if you want to make about $20 a pop, I'm sure this would sell for $50 or so on eBay). But I do get your point, and just about every other Figment and Dreamfinder product has sold like hotcakes (with the exception of the Mickey as Dreamfinder plush, but I think that's the exception because, frankly, it looked really creepy).

As for the shirt itself, I'm not the biggest fan, but I'll definitely be purchasing one. I think it's a little busy, and the faux retro look doesn't really work since it's not a retro design. I also wish the pavillion logos were a little more subtle. Whatever though, that bearded man holding Figment totally makes up for any issues I have with the design. The fact that it's not purple also is a plus for me, as almost every other Figment shirt is way too feminine.

Spyne

A Dreamfinder & Figment t-shirt? Wow, that made me really happy! :D I really hope they do shed some light on the Dreamfinder more, and really the chemistry of the old Journey into Imagination. It's one of the cornerstones for Epcot. :)

Blackie Pueblo

I already stated in my earlier post, it's $24.95

And it's only (currently) being sold at the Imagination Pavilion, not Mouse Gear.

Whoops. Soooorrry! I overlooked it. Thanks.

---Walter Elias Disney

EPCOT Explorer

Disney is far past the need to test anymore. (The Figment and Dreamfinder statue release was one of the major tests, among othere things).

While I don't have the shirt, as I missed it yesterday during my visit to Epcot (the one time I don't go in MouseGears, I miss this), the shirt is just a way to further revive the Dreamfinder (albeit, in a small way) in preparation for his return in the new version.

Right now, I'm hearing that sometime around October (as of now), we will know what is to become of the Imagination pavilion.

While it will help, the decisions are already made (and from what I was told, they were made back before Epcot's 25th).

Actually, they started taking notice around February when the post-"no public celebration" uproar took place. The size of Celebration 25, The Epcot Thing and other fan events on October 1st, combined with the amount of promotional merchandise that was sold, was a major reinforcement of the idea. If it weren't for the success of the 25th Anniversary activities set by Disney, Animal Kingdom wouldn't likely have celebrated its tenth anniversary either, or had any merchandise to commemorate it.

While the marketing of products is a major factor, I agree in saying that Disney underestimated the strength, if not loyalty of the fan base, but their decision to overhaul to the pavilion is one based more on ride popularity, attendance and overall appeal of the current state of the pavilion (for general guests as well as for the fans). What will be done is meant to appeal to the largest audience.

I can't believe it...You said it!LOL

THRILLED to hear of Dreamfinder's return to the Imagination Pavilion!:sohappy:

And that's a awesome shirt too...I'll be picking THAT up for sure next month...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom