dream flight ride

figment1985

Original Poster
I believe the ride was called Dream Flight..

Does anyone know when this ride went away. I know it's been a few years? Isn't the buzz lightyear ride what took its place.. but they used the same track?

I remember when I was little I used to love this ride....

Space Mountain

Buzz Lightyear did take over the location. I think some of the track may have been used but im not to sure that the layout is anywhere near the same. I loved Dream Flight, but im glad it was replaced by Buzz.

the-reason14

I used to love that ride. That, Horizans and World of motion, and the original journey into imagination were all great rides.

figment1985

Original Poster
I used to love that ride. That, Horizans and World of motion, and the original journey into imagination were all great rides.

I agree...

I miss Horizons a lot!! I can still smell the oranges... I guess that Soarin is kinda what took the place of that.

I miss the original journey into the imagination too! Obviously...

raven

Buzz Lightyear did take over the location. I think some of the track may have been used but im not to sure that the layout is anywhere near the same.

It IS the same track layout. "Dream Flight" and "If You Had Wings" were all in the same except for a name change. I remember it pretty well and still think of the scenes and their location to the track when I go through Buzz.

Poppers

can someone tell me what Dreamflight was? over the past 13 years i have been to Disneyworld 6 times and dont remember this ride. the last time i was there i did get to ride Buss Lightyear though.

HHI Surfer

yeah, it's the same track. they even kept the same tunnel scene.. it used to be clouds rushing by with wind blowing in your face :) i loooved that part (probably because i was about 11 the last time i rode it, lol)

HHI Surfer

can someone tell me what Dreamflight was? over the past 13 years i have been to Disneyworld 6 times and dont remember this ride. the last time i was there i did get to ride Buss Lightyear though.

it basically took you through the progress of aviation, from the wright brothers all the way up to jet liners, IIRC. had lots of videos and miniature airplanes, that sort of thing. basically World of Motion for airplanes.. although if you don't remember that either i guess that doesn't do you much good.

now that i think about it, Dreamflight was more of an epcot-style attraction.. not that i minded having it in tomorrowland

CThaddeus

It IS the same track layout. "Dream Flight" and "If You Had Wings" were all in the same except for a name change. I remember it pretty well and still think of the scenes and their location to the track when I go through Buzz.

Actually, Delta Dreamflight and Take Flight were the same attraction, with one lacking the Delta sponsorship (you decide which was which). It featured trips to France, China, and one other place I'm not remembering at the moment. If You Had Wings was a different attraction with a similar theme, but it visited places like Mexico. I never got to go on If You Had Wings but I did love Dreamflight. I agree with HHI Surfer, this would have fit in perfectly in the original EPCOT. Maybe that's why I liked it so much.
I love Buzz Lightyear, too, though. So while I would love to see Dreamflight come back, I wouldn't want Buzz to go away.

Buford

Actually, Delta Dreamflight and Take Flight were the same attraction, with one lacking the Delta sponsorship (you decide which was which). It featured trips to France, China, and one other place I'm not remembering at the moment. If You Had Wings was a different attraction with a similar theme, but it visited places like Mexico. I never got to go on If You Had Wings but I did love Dreamflight. I agree with HHI Surfer, this would have fit in perfectly in the original EPCOT. Maybe that's why I liked it so much.
I love Buzz Lightyear, too, though. So while I would love to see Dreamflight come back, I wouldn't want Buzz to go away.
France and Japan were the only countries.... :D (Paris and Tokyo to be ultra-specific.......:D :D )

If You Had Wings - similar to If You Could Fly (theme song, logo changes...)

Delta Dreamflight - similar to Take Flight! (a couple music and logo changes)

wilary

If You Had Wings was a commercial for Eastern Airlines, which was why it did not require a ticket for admission. As I recall, it started with projections of birds. It was mostly a dark ride that showed all the places you could go on Eastern. I remember people dancing on a waterfall in Jamaica and a wacky Bermuda traffic cop being over run by Flamingos. I want to say that the Speed Motion Rooms showed a bobsled, but can't remember for certain. The last corner of the ride, it projected the birds changing into Eastern Airliners and said "You do have wings." At the disembark stage, there was an Eastern Travel Office where you could buy tickets to one of the fabulous destinations you just saw.

Dreamflight was a commericial for Delta Airlines. They changed up the queue to resemble an airport terminal and jetway. It was supposed to show the history of flight. I recall the first corner having something to do with the Wright Bros. The first big room showed the barnstorming days. Lots of cartoon cutouts moving around. You crash through the barn and end up in a Delta Airlines luxury airplane, circa 1920s. It takes you to landscapes of Toyka and Paris. You then go through a jet engine into the speed rooms. The first had you flying through clouds. The second was a futuristic flight. I think they used the animation from Tron, though I could be thinking of another ride. The last corner had a pop-up book with all the places you could go on Delta.

The track was the same for both, and the track is the same for Buzz.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
check out marnis ultimate tribute to both rides ([delta]dreamflight and if you had wings) :wave:

Thanks to Geoff, my tribute video to IYHW and Dreamflight is available for free download at http://geoffreynease.com/news.php - in the MK folder, If You Had Wings and Dreamflight - Martins Ultimate Tribute :wave:

It`s also at DC Torrents if you are Torrent-literate and want to conserve Geoffs bandwidth.

DisneyBride94

I believe the ride was called Dream Flight..

Does anyone know when this ride went away. I know it's been a few years? Isn't the buzz lightyear ride what took its place.. but they used the same track?

I remember when I was little I used to love this ride....

I loved Dream Flight too... I think it was originally DELTA DREAM FLIGHT when Delta was the official airlines... I miss it... But Buzz is kind of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom