Dream Disney Resort

What extinct attraction would you like to see in my Magic Kingdom?

• Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • If You Had Wings

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Dreamflight

• Snow White's Scary Adventures

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Adventure Thru Inner Space

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other (Specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Actually, Crush was 150 years old when Finding Nemo came, so it would make sense that he would be alive in 1900 Manhattan so the only questionable thing about Crush in DS would be being so far up north on the Atlantic (though, ocean currents).

Whoa, I totally forgot about that. Haha. I guess it would be inaccurate as to his surfer dialect and any appearance from other Finding Nemo characters lol.

So I guess just use TSMM as my Ratatouillie justification. :p

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Disclaimer: All the seemingly impossible effects in this ride-through are possible given the trackless technology. Think Mystic Manor or Pooh's Hunny Hunt mixed with the good old-fashioned Indy we know and love.

=========================================================================================

6OzdsFhEpEjakJSVkd64gAV9ZDJwoJ6QtD2OCOTLL2ttq2mjQ-DS5rV918nb5pDFBRw3zPtAG73bV7Ah5t7my8uvDLK-_1dOx45WJQqezyyQja7t9j5RFSTs0gIrHHWSAe8z9wS_

Upon boarding, we stow our earthly belongings in the protection pouch, buckle up, and move forward to the seat belt check. Sallah radios in from nowhere… “Hello? Hello? Can you hear me? Good. Sallah speaking. Before your adventure, we must perform a quick safety procedure. Please, pay heed to the associate ahead.” From the checkpoint, we glimpse a dark tunnel beyond, the stone face of the Shadow King on the overhead keystone. As our transport departs from the station beneath the watchful eye of the Shadow King, we hear Sallah’s voice once more. “Friends, the brakes may be needing a little adjustment; easy on the curves. Heh-heh. Good luck!”

Our transport is immersed into total and complete shadow… Around us: a phosphorescent lagoon bordered with roots, vines and labyrinthine chambers trailing on for an eternity. Water droplets echo out into the abyss; before us: the stone face of the snarling Shadow King. Without a word, the eyes of the face glow with an ethereal “hum,” opening as if it were a door… Beyond the face, we enter the legendary Treasure Trove of the ancient Shadow King. A “life-size” statue of the King overlooks the chamber as we trek uphill past piles of shimmering gold and jewels. An overhead skylight looks into a field of glittering stars and planets. Stone portrays the ancient islanders suffering beneath the King’s dark power… The eyes of the Shadow King glow red. The treasure grows dark and colorless. The room is cast into an eerie light as a swirling vortex of dark magic begins to fester. Thunder and lightning crash. The breathtaking score of John Williams is heard as we veer left into the Tunnel of Torment.

Crumbled columns, falling rocks, lightning bolts, and smoke set the stage for our nightmarish tumble down the Tunnel of Torment. An unsettling, green lava flows on either side of our jeep, bubbling and hissing in time with the soundtrack. Statues of tiger-headed warriors loom on all sides, their giant spears poised for attack. Horrific spirits - a la the Ark of the Covenant - fly about the tunnel, shrieking and crying among the dramatic underscore. Ahead is Dr. Jones himself, caught in the midst of a sudden tornado made from black magic. Indy has tied his bullwhip to an adjacent ledge, only able to float in the twister. “Tourists!? I ask for help and they send tourists?! Just what I need. Quick! Get outta here! Go left! And careful, there are big steps up there!” Just as we veer left, a number of vile spirits seem to “leap” from the twister. Fortunately: we escape.

We now look out into the spectacular showscene mentioned at various times in Adventureland. From a ledge looking into a volcanic chasm, the Kingdom Railway, Jungle River Cruise, and Runaway Ore Cars all coincide. The chamber, of course, is all-too-familiar with fans of the Forbidden Eye:

QampykpNmb3C5pFz3lT-8fCeiYWxdxwt3PCVw-02T1uxeKDTHIrKvSevyIWB22RxMulQfr5n_fHJDlMDSruzTO2v8xJmL0O3jBqpHDVLNOdrL6JgoUx2YQaJ3A_9tvdrX2nO-XfF

The Cavern of Bubbling Death looks down into a dark lagoon of boiling, primordial magma. The decayed image of a giant, stone skull pulls our attention to the center of the room, a cascade of magma pouring from its mouth and into the flames below. A ramshackle suspension bridge travels ‘cross the deadly lagoon, where a fellow transport travels past. The tracks of the Runaway Ore Cars hurry past on the horizon. The remaining eye of the skull fires a technicolor blast of lasers, subsequently causing smoke to erupt right in front of us… Quickly, we turn right and into further danger: the Hall of Elements.

This is no mere Tomorrowland Exhibit… The Hall of Elements is a twisted corridor of supernatural energy and horror. Instantly, the walls of the chamber are enveloped in a thick sheet of ice as we roughly careen thru the ice and snow, seeming to "ricochet" from wall to wall. Giant icicles form from nowhere, some even “falling” mere inches from our transport; the spectral face of the Shadow King looms within a block of ice, laughing wildly. Our transport slows… Suddenly, the ice begins to melt; fire has consumed all. We narrowly evade spurts of fire and smoke as the frost melts into a violent steam amid the volcanic eruption. The headlights just barely navigate the thick blanket of fog, fortunately leading us to the entrance of the Suspension Bridge. In a similar scene below, the Jungle River Cruise also navigates thru the same cloud of steam, unwittingly attacked by a giant cobra in the process…

With utmost caution, our jeep travels forward, the bridge appearing to sway and break beneath our weight. From all around, rocks and debris seem to fall from the ceiling, landing in the magma pit with a loud splash. Again, we survive the trek, but not before traveling right into the heart of further danger on the other side of the bridge: the Spider Nest.

6QuRLXS52Ag-qWcwP-ZEnw44g44rgd4-r2G_-VwR5DyZimwyc-LOl_qAirYltp-520bUe_m6nnHmQhBcnwNpu0lek6WZrgNuQMvJacIKL0-wqyM25m9_QZTZljQhNP0tuzcLApnz

Thousands of eight-legged tarantulas and spiders are seen scattered about this dark catacomb of giant webs and skeletal remnants. In fact, we can even feel them crawling in our seats… The thud of “falling” spiders is even heard from the hood of our jeep. Other, “relaxed” spiders are seen in varied sizes (from miniature to the size of a toddler) upon their webs, patiently awaiting prey. Just as our transport nears the end of this horrific sight, a monstrous spider - the size of a bus - ascends from the shadow with a horrifying shriek, blasting us with its warm venom… The transport stalls only for a moment, subsequently tumbling downhill and into the grotto behind the giant skull: the Mummy Chamber.

Our transport tumbles thru a nightmarish collection of mummified skeletons and corpses… Indy appears from behind a quartet of skeletons - one wearing tattered MousekeEars. “Tourists! I thought I told you to get out of here? Never mind. Try not to interrupt their beauty sleep.” We hit a suspicious “bump” which is followed by a CRACK. “I thought I said, ‘Be quiet!’” Suddenly, a number of mummies are awakened, hissing angrily. “Run! Run!” We accelerate past the army of the undead, many reaching out with their weapons and claws. Just as it seems we might crash directly into a wall, we narrowly veer left, plunged into total darkness… Our transport suddenly stalls right in the midst of ethereal screeches and the wind of fluttering wings… A low rumble is heard from the shadow… Despite a desperate attempt, the engine won’t start. The headlights flicker on.

ADPYuX4ubUM7pnejLsvp9790diXkGIpZXQnhz1HKxUMflUIjeHSzDNo8eOhYvS-jDwtSzmy9j4xz6iRFDF0-yGBO7HUUCrlYQQ8FfrvKdZ2X-nRCQRtMhPM42PhODbyC_2uIzTHO

Hundreds of bats flutter past as a giant, two-ton boulder comes rolling toward us from the darkness. Just at the last second, our engine comes on, sending us sharply to the right and free from danger, but not before a number of giant, pterodactyl-sized bats swoop down from above in attack, screeching loudly. Even then, we still aren’t out of trouble; the long Dart Corridor lies ahead. Tiger-headed warrior statues line either side of the narrow hall. Hesitant, our transport garners up enough speed to keep us safe; poison darts (air blasts) fired from the dart guns held by each statue. At the end of the corridor, we pass the skeleton of an unfortunate adventurer - pinned to the wall by poison darts.

The Grand Finale is nothing short of spectacular. Inspired by the finale of Hong Kong Disneyland’s Mystic Manor, we are brought “face-to-claw” with the Shadow King himself; in the flesh. The tiger-headed deity stands in the center of a dark chamber, glaring at us. With a mighty roar, we begin to spin wildly about the room in a wide circle, caught in the midst of a brutal sandstorm. Piercing sand and stone swelter around us, bringing with it a number of dislodged bricks and artifacts. As if by magic, Indy arrives, an ancient scepter at hand. Without a word, Indy slams the scepter into the ground, opening a vortex of blinding light from all around.

As we careen backward down a steep hill, a vortex of color and light surrounds us. As we fall, the suspended Shadow King is seen transformed and sealed within a statue in a painful defeat. As our jeep returns to the temple floor, we face forward once more and head back toward the station, but not before finding a disheveled Indy at the foot of the now-stone Shadow King. "Now, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Indy asks. With a startling jolt, the eyes of the Shadow King ignite once more, perhaps hinting at a future expedition in the Temple of the Shadow King...

=========================================================================================

As always, thoughts and feedback are appreciated! Up next: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (most likely).

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Guess where I am today? Lol.

Also, the complaints about the giant spider made me realize that almost all the thrill rides and some lighter rides in my park have a giant monster attached.

Indy: Giant Spider, Shadow King
Jungle: Giant Cobra
20k: Giant Squid, Sea Serpent
Thunder Mesa: Sasquatch
Journey: Lava Monster
Alien Encounter: Alien
Adventure Isle: Sea Serpent
Sinbad: Cyclops, Roc

To name a few. 😂

Attachments

• 802DBAFE-2052-4A23-B1FC-2F3864EAA756.jpeg
    802DBAFE-2052-4A23-B1FC-2F3864EAA756.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 99

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster

I actually own a copy of the original concept "fun map" for Sinbad's Seven Voyages (which predated Storybook Voyage) and there is SO MUCH dark content that was unrealized in the final product. Even the realized version was too dark and had to be changed to the version that exists now. I'm hoping to get to Tokyo in the next year or so, so I'm incredibly excited to see the attraction in person.

I might make a YouTube video at some point to showcase all the Disney memorabilia I own. I also have a 1965 park map of Disneyland (with future expansion plans labeled and drawn), old ticket books, over 30 pieces of Haunted Mansion art and collectibles (including a one-of-a-kind HMH painting), many rare and limited edition pins, Indy decoder cards, commemorative buttons, an autographed photo of Mickey from '98, a vintage souvenir guidebook (written by Walt Disney), and of course, my CM name tags.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
My apologies for the lack of updates lately. Things have been especially crazy this past week. It doesn't help that I'm sick on top of it all. It is hard to find the motivation when your throat feels like it's full of nails every time you swallow. :p

My hope is to have at least something up by the end of the week. I truly and sincerely hope that whatever I post is a surefire hit to drop jaws and elicit some virtual awe. There is just so much to explore in this park that I'm almost having trouble tackling it piece-by-piece. I might at some point elicit some help from readers like you to design some rides here and there. But we'll get to that later. For now, I'm just happy to have finished Indy and Jungle River Cruise in a reasonable amount of time.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Update: I took the morning off from work to help myself relax and recover. Seeing as Armchair Imagineering is a huge help when it comes to personal relaxation, I have happily resumed work on the Land of Dreams. That being said, I am currently trudging through the Google Doc and making casual edits and additions here and there. @spacemt354's map will still be accurate, there are just some things here and there that I'd really like to rewrite (OCD purposes). Once all is said and done - attractions, hotels, background music, etc. - I will post a link to the Google Doc that will allow you to view EVERYTHING in one place for all-time. Or at least as long as WDWMagic is around. ;)

Of course, still keep an eye out for attraction ride-throughs, hotel coverage, show scripts, and more over the next few months. Everything will receive a post here before the Google Doc is shared. An incredible thank you is in order for the wonderful following this project has gotten over the past few years. I couldn't have done this without your continued readership and support.

For now, to hold y'all over until the next attraction is posted... Here is something I've been meaning to share for awhile now. The Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror will feature the same background music in their queue; can you guess where it's from?

1518549334716.png

If you guessed the original Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, then you guessed correctly! To me, the background music featured in TOT's queue is a one-of-a-kind experience, if not an attraction all its own. Since my version of the Haunted Mansion and TOT are connected through an intricate backstory, it seems only fitting to have them share a music loop, complete with the eerie, Twilight Zone-esque distortion. The loop will be entirely the same as the original TOT, only, it will feature the addition of Louis Armstrong's "St. James Infirmary," "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You" (Tommy Dorsey), and of course:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
This is my first (and last) day where I am completely free from both jobs! Praise be!! With this sudden and short-lived free time, I have taken the liberty to begin extensive work on Version 2 of the Final Draft (so much for final, right?). Once the entire park has been looked over and all the attractions and whatnot have been posted here (in the main thread), I will share the link to the Google Doc so you can read everything at your own pace. I'd rather not re-post every land, especially considering the changes to the park itself aren't that drastic... Everything is still pretty accurate. Thus far, Version 2 includes:

1. The addition of the Disney Wildlife Sanctuary, a forested reserve for North American wildlife near the Boardwalk & Hotel District. The remainder of the resort itself will feature coverage in the main thread.
2. A variation on DCA's defunct Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular will replace Spamalot in Hollywood Boulevard.
3. A Guardians E-Ticket will be added to Marvel City in the respective expansion pad.
4. Parakeet Island by @spacemt354 will be added to Adventureland, as will Colonel Hathi's Safari Arcade.
5. The Brown Derby will replace the Plaza Inn.
6. The Disney Boardwalk & Hotel District will feature an intricate backstory on the scale of WDW's defunct Pleasure Island. In fact, Merriweather Adam Pleasure of Pleasure Island also founded what was once known as the "Pleasure Mountain Village," the current home of the Boardwalk & Hotel District.
7. The current hotel line-up includes: the Boardwalk Hotel, a Victorian-style Grand Floridian-type resort, the Small World Hotel, the budget-friendly hotel near the park entrance by It's a Small World, the Adventureland Hotel, an adventure-themed hotel with the latest Trader Sam bar, and lastly, the Mos Eisley Hotel, a Star Wars hotel near the park entrance into Mos Eisley Spaceport.

Those're the changes thus far, some minor, some major. Space, I apologize, but would you be able to update the Park Map accordingly? Fortunately it only requires a quick re-type here and there and the addition of a tiny restaurant in Adventureland. If not, I totally understand, haha.

Look forward to more updates and expansion soon!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Just a general update...

So, my boss quit. This means that I'll be at my management job a lot more often than I have been in the past. To top it off, I'm still teaching in the morning AND I got cast in a musical. As of right now, I'm juggling three major things that are pretty much going to consume all of my free time. Go figure? Haha.

That all said, I'm still working on this project as much as I can. I can't guarantee at what time everything will be done, but I'm thankful that I had finished posting the project when I did. The updated version and the attraction overviews will follow at my convenience. This project is not dead... Just on a temporary hiatus, I suppose. Stay tuned.

DisneyManOne

Just a general update...

So, my boss quit. This means that I'll be at my management job a lot more often than I have been in the past. To top it off, I'm still teaching in the morning AND I got cast in a musical. As of right now, I'm juggling three major things that are pretty much going to consume all of my free time. Go figure? Haha.

That all said, I'm still working on this project as much as I can. I can't guarantee at what time everything will be done, but I'm thankful that I had finished posting the project when I did. The updated version and the attraction overviews will follow at my convenience. This project is not dead... Just on a temporary hiatus, I suppose. Stay tuned.

What show are you doing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom