Dream Disney Resort

What extinct attraction would you like to see in my Magic Kingdom?

• Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • If You Had Wings

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Dreamflight

• Snow White's Scary Adventures

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Adventure Thru Inner Space

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other (Specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spacemt354

Chili's
For @MANEATINGWREATH I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to New York! And to update you for this project in regards to the map, I'm going to have to put any map making on hold until at least Christmas break (end of December)

In a way though, I think that's good news because you don't have to rush creating your park and you can take your time. I also have an easier time studying something when I can see the big picture (and not doing it piecemeal like last time land by land)

So hopefully by December the park will be in its final iteration and I can go for the map then! :)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
For @MANEATINGWREATH I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to New York! And to update you for this project in regards to the map, I'm going to have to put any map making on hold until at least Christmas break (end of December)

In a way though, I think that's good news because you don't have to rush creating your park and you can take your time. I also have an easier time studying something when I can see the big picture (and not doing it piecemeal like last time land by land)

So hopefully by December the park will be in its final iteration and I can go for the map then! :)

Glad to hear it! I'm sure this project will be stretching well into December, so the timing is perfect for a "grand finale" of sorts. I've been meaning to resume work this week (my last week before I go back to teaching), but honestly, post-vacation depression has hit me pretty hard. I miss the East Coast so much. :(

Our family is aiming for a New York & Walt Disney World vacation next summer. We'd fly to NY and take the train down to Orlando. No clue if this is a for sure option just yet, but my little nerd heart would explode.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Just to alert the people who have been faithfully following... @DisneyManOne, @spacemt354, @S.P.E.W, @FireMountain, and anyone else whom I might be missing... Here is the long-awaited next update!

This might be the most expansive "Hub" ever, even more so than the actual Gardens of Imagination in Shanghai. Heck, this might be the first hub ever (other than maybe Epcot) to feature a dark ride. Enjoy.

Gardens of Imagination

DM9WX08DEtH3g1Sv35MtLfknQPvuqfBCz80rofjd_kNcJBC1_ptKAsdJbGF8OhaLEJ3QhBo-FDQ1Da8m4Oya4c7DsOSkfHNunRJ8j8WrSAa38T4usmQRQKrIAbkWAmpAsuJpA0hR

“Oh, oh, oh!
Let’s go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Let’s go fly a kite and send it soaring…”

The Gardens of Imagination celebrate the wonders of nature and the joy of the imagination, offering an escape from the everyday world. This is the “Hub” of our Magic Kingdom. At the end of Hollywood Boulevard, fanning out like spokes in a wheel, are the other “lands” - easy to find, easy to enter, each a complete thematic experience: Hollywood Boulevard, Liberty Waterfront, Westernland, Adventureland, World Bazaar, Fantasyland, Discoveryland, Mos Eisley Spaceport, Tomorrowland, and Marvel City.*

*World Bazaar, Mos Eisley Spaceport and Marvel City are not accessible from the Gardens of Imagination. Rather, guests must travel through a respective “neighbor” to reach them.

nd__jNrGWntsl-dI-tk5KS093opJCQEK9GsCQQgxKW3XoLR7x1OJj24nVlcX6Gv-ImpInsBHF8cYvGfDp4CZVGq9uMdTYXcDXJ1RWDPJBx2GxuywQ5ikPqfwY_YUJdC3bHqHMEbw

The popular songs of the Disney Canon provide an orchestral backdrop for the color and excitement of the Gardens. With no shortage in picnic tables, benches or shaded trees, the Gardens of Imagination are an ideal place to relax and take in the scenery. “Partners” is a storied tribute to Walt and his most treasured creation, Mickey Mouse. Walt and Mickey, hand-in-hand, look down Hollywood Boulevard, a timeless capture of a “Man and his Mouse.” A plaque at the base of the sculpture reads:

“I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place - a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it.” - Walt Disney

ldz7vTbwg6WAeUIP-8XQ20_upZcecJhwqYveAAiMUoNvIiEre6dj4YqgLVnrLmvtxVFb-X9gAYJShmyUzklhXDSlqusQBJN6e4rfQ6vXX0wtEEe8g5Y93EV9TKG_kB8ItY7se24M

A Disneyland Tradition since 1959, the Dapper Dans are right at home in the Gardens of Imagination. A treasure of Midwest America, the colorful, pinstriped barbershop quartet sing a scintillating selection of a capella music: “Lida Rose,” “Swanee River,” “Sweet Adeline,” and more ominously, “Grim, Grinning Ghosts.” A Timeless River fills the Gardens of Imagination. Perhaps the most beautiful, serene and relaxed attraction in the Magic Kingdom, the elegant Swan Boats sail Timeless River, a unique but spectacular view of the various spectacle and landmarks of the Magic Kingdom.

v5qOqmkRW8u5udipUk6ZXNdKazzk3gg_UQlWvJp019v3WcdG6kyfd03-SRJpoa8qjCcg3TyNhfIn-Jqi8GcnralsjSAV-6xwdIvj1S_Mi4bPeSKfVRMhOIal9lRoO8dDNP2Xrfv-

The
Fantasia Carousel is nestled in the idyllic Gardens of Imagination, a sly nod to the inspiration of Walt’s own Disneyland. Sculpted greenery, vibrant flowers and a mythological riverfront set the stage for a cavalry of winged horses, unicorns, dewdrop fairies and gleaming chariots. From the surrounding statues of a “Dance of the Hours” to the painted murals of the “Pastoral Symphony,” every detail of the carousel is imbued with the spirit of Fantasia.

QVUGQcSydSfJSWsDUHY1iorPzKbuhGOsSlfy50V5jyJ6Zd27zifJ-G_yboo6247JdnejTTGNFkbCE5VoS4uPa8QTFb-dqKf_a2i4Br8mgcOSDVDf3woeyLYBuPoA4NvquEm-xd_b

“It doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. But common sense doesn’t really work here. You’re
mad, I’m mad. We’re all MAD here.”

Alice’s Curious Labyrinth is our fantastic voyage down the Rabbit Hole and into the nonsensical world of Alice’s Wonderland. Here we discover a land of wonder, mystery and danger. Tulgey Wood and the Queen of Hearts’ Castle await in a winding maze of magical creatures, conflicting signage, glowering flowers, and a grinning Cheshire Cat. A chatty Doorknob welcomes us. “Looking for the White Rabbit? Well, see for yourself!”

A Golden Afternoon
A Caucus Race leads astray and into a crop of beautiful, singing flowers - standing six to eight feet in height! Hungry dandelions and a snarling tiger lily lie in wait… The Caterpillar enjoys his favorite pipe from atop a technicolor toadstool. “W - H - O - are you?”

Tulgey Wood
Conflicting signage, bizarre birds and a grinning Cheshire Cat welcome us to the labyrinth of Tulgey Wood. Alice, having grown to an extraordinary size, bursts through the walls of a disgruntled White Rabbit’s cottage.

The Mad Tea Party
The Mad Hatter, March Hare and the Dormouse enjoy a spot of tea for a very merry unbirthday party. Whistling teapots, spinning cakes and precariously stacked cups set the scene, with interactive elements that encourage visitors to play along.

The Queen of Hearts’ Castle
Card Soldiers frantically “paint the roses red” in fear of their evil mistress: The Queen of Hearts. Funhouse mirrors and playful traps fill the peculiar Castle, including a slide down the giant, sculpted mouth of the Queen. Climb the tower for a spectacular view of the park.

Hedge Maze
Lastly, we escape our undesired fate - pursued by the Queen of Hearts and her Card Soldiers - through an elaborate labyrinth of spiraling high and low hedges. One wrong turn might lead right back to the Castle; one right turn might lead to our safe and sound return to the Gardens of Imagination.
We next drop “inn” for a hearty bite at the elegant Plaza Inn. Drenched in dazzling décor, this Victorian manor is modeled after the Disneyland landmark of the same name. The hearty American fare of fried chicken, pot roast, salmon, and pasta are a near-perfect compliment to the live entertainment of the Plaza Stage. The Plaza Stage is in tribute of the now-lost Carnation Plaza of Disneyland. Like its ancestor, the Plaza Stage has hosted some of the greatest Swing and Big Band groups of our time. Though most known for its after dark swing dances, the stage by day is a perfect venue for live entertainment; the Magic Kingdom Philharmonic and high school performance groups.

uYtFi06RuJ2TvhiPUnC57gm7gRg_zhBjMIwj2ClPExELNpHtczJa0ou1KWW40rs6ckDeCM1jPGOtzXkGkyTG6GIUfZFGZDhJt2uUwUMJ1c5O3nvV3iBxwbauj16kEmeww22siedT

The fine Plaza Inn is matched only by the Crystal Palace. The luxuriant restaurant is built almost entirely from glass. An indoor garden of faux wildlife, palm leaves and volcanic rock act as a living photograph of Victorian Exotica. Nestled in a jungle-clearing near the entrance of Adventureland, the Crystal Palace is home to Mickey & Friends - Breakfast in the Jungle. Mickey, clad in khaki, hosts an all-you-can-eat gathering for a motley crew of jungle friends: Baloo, Hathi, Louie, Mowgli, Tarzan, Jane, Turk, Rafiki, Timon, and more.

QJ5IB8ng3bLlqRnlEHJkTv07hnsvzTmgBJbcrMH69RYjqyWL6cbGmE8M6pz_vbZR-A_4wQUMPzSAIk3TI-aELdGuriYb4R2W1436jwWFleuXRkJhLoam_bpgX-7uY7umHgxH9g53

Beneath a canopy of buzzing bees and dangling honeycomb, we hop aboard one of 18 twisting, twirling, spinning “hunny” pots for a delectable time in Pooh’s Hunny Pot Spin. Like a certain “Mad Tea Party” found elsewhere in the Disney Parks, we can control the direction and speed of our colorful jar to music that never skips a “buzz.”

A first in a “Central Hub,” The Search for Winnie the Pooh is a fun-filled dark ride through the stories and magic of Winnie the Pooh. As the story unfolds, we learn that Pooh has gone missing just prior to his birthday party. Christopher Robin & friends have gathered a search party to find where the silly old bear has wandered off, all while encountering a Blustery Day, a Rainy Place, and of course, the dreaded Heffalump Hollow… Naturally, all comes to a happy end where “everything is honey.” Pooh Corner is a real beehive of Pooh apparel, Hundred-Acre Wood keepsakes, Magic Kingdom gifts, and the iconic bedroom of Christopher Robin. Pooh & Friends have been known to stop by for a meet ‘n’ greet on occasion.

zAp-w7ezAn_vZTP0huseOH38JyAEkCy7JFUVgmoZjlX8zs0B-hA5CVHwhxBOZX1vjQUxh5mIme87WK0gHHKn7TliCWVPhwZL-4CsySQXqTcT8ju-4Lh6p-A6KHzEzQsMmg3Td6ZC

In an enchanted grotto, at the eastern end of the Gardens, is a collection of elegant marble statues in representation of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs; a replication of an anonymous gift given to Walt Disney in 1961. From a handsome wishing well rings the ethereal voice of Snow White “wishing for the one I love.” Over 100 different species of shrubs and trees fill Snow White’s Grotto.

OZ9tcxuDodGy2Zuz9qdnHpATGyfqGuy1mQ9kz8VA08vE1pz7QDmX26t6BjjDDpjr9LbSZ2JfFagPn5nw5dW7cHr5QpALEBLoayrUOd6pQWYMt_Z8jWgaJFjtoe6WrJXkyp0gG_tx

In homage to the unbridled magic and nostalgia of our childhood, the fantastic Storytellers on Parade is a colorful cavalcade of familiar friends and spectacular, state-of-the-art floats. As the story goes, the venerable Genie of Aladdin has composed this magical procession of the world’s finest fairy tales, starring Characters from some of our favorite Disney stories; Anna and Elsa of Arendelle to Prince Ali (fabulous he) Ali Ababwa. Giant storybooks and a gargantuan, fire-breathing, clockwork dragon are among the spectacle and awe of this timeless parade.

sZ31O6QmuCc4i5IokFN-3uUp4C-_XGdNm-80n2IW3dc4T5FPLm_lfNXQQVMY3xL4YLoI_x1ZHtDLPkZHJW_DPbQwgRvc5b36vep-14Rg5mLIyxIbbK8pIAN4lcxKWsaWCt1u7Mq7

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,” the Voice of the Magic Kingdom echoes. “In just a few minutes, the lights will be dimmed so you may fully experience a cherished and beloved pageant beyond the boundaries of imagination: Disney’s Electrical Parade. This sparkling fantasy recreates scenes from many of Walt Disney’s most memorable film classics in over half a million colorful, twinkling lights. We hope you’ll enjoy the unusual, electrifying magic and exciting fantasy of Disney’s Electrical Parade.”

5JOAlqHU94PKfeUe7c86gE3FBHS1KAQVStQsk4gjJJCY57NQf2klObjjeMxlD4NnGvoH4oHgdgmAaC3gHShvSbV3VeKO-zBOkplhXjtIVBRrCEfOHBwo7rCIA7svVLstDCVt__VF

As night falls, we line up at the curb once more for the illumination, mystery and illusion of Disney’s Electrical Parade. Since the original Main Street Electrical Parade debuted in 1972, the world famous concept has since entertained audiences the world over. In this all-electric pageant of magic and imagination, over a half a million twinkling lights enthrall the senses in a “Baroque Hoedown” of vivid dreams and spectacular music.

The Parade Route is a tad unique as it does not travel down Hollywood Boulevard. Rather, the route leads from Liberty Waterfront through the northern route of the Gardens, exiting the Magic Kingdom through the northeastern end of Fantasyland.

I4X2aV4552RxhwYXMe39BDr3dSoxeHi5h1zpgeJ2JOl--s7S3SqWvLtNBXCspi1eWfy6HRy9Aomay5-qafjpHzBmJlwCYC5qip80G4AUkHTGjXe4xehk9tmmLlCly9CxODuRR3v4

Presented as a musical tour of the Magic Kingdom, Live the Magic is in celebration of the nostalgia and innocence of a childhood dream. The heart, humor and heroism of many a timeless tale are captured amid the state-of-the-art projections, brilliant lasers and awe-inspiring pyrotechnics. In this nighttime extravaganza, a cruise down the jungle rivers of the world is as likely as a rocket to the moon or a voyage 20,000 leagues under the sea.

221of3pjtRB3i2P4WQIsRMvgrkCIgBGUuod7WjoZn8lAcFRUEK4d4SlXJQdK56eqH5-2daQhZ-xzRVU2C0brhfQw2lFu4QY7KpD9eXix7pJA906jsZRkxj7QTvGzFHBitn8mC0y0

Our stage is set before Castle Disney, a focus for the wonder that is Disney’s Land of Dreams. Castle Disney is a fairy tale made real, a lasting symbol of peace, friendship and the power of the imagination…

DisneyManOne

A first in a “Central Hub,” The Search for Winnie the Pooh is a fun-filled dark ride through the stories and magic of Winnie the Pooh. As the story unfolds, we learn that Pooh has gone missing just prior to his birthday party. Christopher Robin & friends have gathered a search party to find where the silly old bear has wandered off, all while encountering a Blustery Day, a Rainy Place, and of course, the dreaded Heffalump Hollow… Naturally, all comes to a happy end where “everything is honey.” Pooh Corner is a real beehive of Pooh apparel, Hundred-Acre Wood keepsakes, Magic Kingdom gifts, and the iconic bedroom of Christopher Robin. Pooh & Friends have been known to stop by for a meet ‘n’ greet on occasion.

zAp-w7ezAn_vZTP0huseOH38JyAEkCy7JFUVgmoZjlX8zs0B-hA5CVHwhxBOZX1vjQUxh5mIme87WK0gHHKn7TliCWVPhwZL-4CsySQXqTcT8ju-4Lh6p-A6KHzEzQsMmg3Td6ZC

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about having a dark ride in the Central Plaza. If anything, I personally feel that The Search for Winnie the Pooh should stay over on the other side of the Castle in Fantasyland. How would you hide the show building, especially considering that Swan Boat passengers would pass right by it?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about having a dark ride in the Central Plaza. If anything, I personally feel that The Search for Winnie the Pooh should stay over on the other side of the Castle in Fantasyland. How would you hide the show building, especially considering that Swan Boat passengers would pass right by it?

The Plaza is definitely big enough to "conceal" the show building. The ride itself will most likely (as per whatever Space does in the map design) be in the same "center" as the Partners statue and Fantasia Carousel. It would be a matter similar to Disneyland, CA where you can walk around the entire show building of Buzz Lightyear and not think twice about a strange building being there. Even so, the more industrial parts of the building would be covered in gardening to appear as a natural extension of the Garden setting.

The main reason for moving the ride to the Gardens of Imagination was A) trying something new, and B) taking away a couple of attractions from Fantasyland so it isn't too convoluted.

And yes, Fantasyland is next. :)

DisneyManOne

The Plaza is definitely big enough to "conceal" the show building. The ride itself will most likely (as per whatever Space does in the map design) be in the same "center" as the Partners statue and Fantasia Carousel. It would be a matter similar to Disneyland, CA where you can walk around the entire show building of Buzz Lightyear and not think twice about a strange building being there. Even so, the more industrial parts of the building would be covered in gardening to appear as a natural extension of the Garden setting.

The main reason for moving the ride to the Gardens of Imagination was A) trying something new, and B) taking away a couple of attractions from Fantasyland so it isn't too convoluted.

And yes, Fantasyland is next. :)

Ah, I get it.

Can't wait to see what your Fantasyland offers, my friend! I've been sketching out a few ideas for my Disneyland Maine resort, and I've got eight distinct areas up my sleeve! I've got the obligatory Village and Small World areas to the north and south, respectively, flanked by three areas on either side. Then again, since I'm only using six lands for my Disneyland, that means I've got more space to go crazy and expand upon the classic lands.

And besides, Fantasyland is my favorite of the five original areas of Disneyland, so why not make it the biggest part of my own Disneyland?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Today's update will be a quick one! Just something to hold over your appetite until the rest of Fantasyland...

Fantasyland

Y4kEs8CCLQysjbfVZVwsinE9vJF6D-bzDCFKABTbsuxPbNZSYzLV9yqAoJBRpmWMGXlr7s-J4ZP30cWitfawpFxSYi7kw374qJmN2TzDBNRkJVxwCWlSwyGb2OKXlD39-_T2DpQD

Castle Disney is the largest Disney Castle in the world. Inspired by the incredible scope and design of La Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant (Disneyland Paris) and the Enchanted Storybook Castle (Shanghai Disneyland), the 200 ft (60.96 m) Castle Disney is a fairytale world resplendent with pomp, circumstance and pixie dust. In celebration of all the Disney Princesses, this magnificent palace is in representation of a bygone dream; a symphonic masterpiece reminiscent of the grandeur and romance of a fairytale Renaissance. Victor, Hugo and Laverne of The Hunchback of Notre-Dame welcome us inside to the happiest kingdom of all, Fantasyland.

LaSFAGG7liBrzPwCN7icls3iR9v0yVuWkK8BUAYjjW9tnYD3DN1HZ6IEFzsZcYHXoP6VinIgkncjKH4rml5TjyefF7bz9btMJZHbvK9f4JMmjBNJDRqfIrvzt7y4R5YBPJZfv4XJ

Cross the stone-bridge and through the portico, the voice of Jiminy Cricket (“When You Wish Upon a Star”) echoes into a spacious foyer; a warm rotunda of vivid tapestries, aristocratic columns, stone gargoyles, and a magnificent chandelier cast beneath the painted mural of a starry night; the constellations and planets recall the great heroes and beasts of legend; Hercules, Pegasus, Simba and Mufasa among others. Mosaics depict all 4 seasons through the tales of Tiana, Merida, Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa. An illuminated marquee reveals motifs attributed to Belle, Cinderella and Snow White. The Hall of Legends is a chamber for reflection and discovery. Spectacular stained glass depicts the heroes and heroines of the Disney Canon, each shown in a spotlight of music, magic and nostalgia. Tarzan, Mulan, Aladdin and Quasimodo are among the chosen few.

bYMBP-oJR8rhY_tUz-wQEDMF4BmlgMLk3RnXZmDPpK3lsOsFqkhEV34xDxV1u2PuqwKqnJx2m1gIMfc9dAlxtKe4AKWOTD1ls4EUKmpnXVEHNiz3K8lPHzvhCdGORF7gCB5K9WpP

The second-floor of Castle Disney is home to the expansive and elegant Royal Banquet Hall, a fantastic feast for the eyes and taste buds. Belle, the Beast, Ariel, Eric, and Merida are among the royalty in attendance. This regal hall is inspired by the dining halls of other castles the world over:

The Beast’s Ballroom
Go for baroque in the magnificent ballroom of Prince Adam, also known as “The Beast.” With its high, domed ceiling, crystal chandeliers and snow-laced Gothic arches, the elegant ballroom is all too reminiscent of the iconic first dance of Belle and her Beast.

Eric’s Dining Room
The great windows look to a calm ocean at dusk, ships and seagulls lazily flowing past. The Venetian influence is prevalent in the interior architecture reminiscent of the Westerkerk in Amsterdam. A grand mural of Atlantica recalls the home of Princess Ariel, where the mighty King Triton is the law of the Seven Seas.

King Fergus’ Feast
Most reminiscent of Scotland in the Dark Ages, the sprawling stone and stuffed bears of King Fergus’ Feast hearken to the hearty Highland Games of years past. The table of the Clan DunBroch, the ethereal presence of Wisps, and a chance encounter with Mor’du, the demon bear make the Feast an enchanted but mystical locale to dine.

“When we were planning Fantasyland,” Walt said, “we recalled the lyrics of the song ‘When You Wish Upon a Star.’ The words of the melody, from our picture ‘Pinocchio,’ inspired us to create this land. What youngster, listening to parents or grandparents read aloud, has not dreamed of flying with Peter Pan over moonlit London, or tumbling into Alice’s nonsensical Wonderland? In Fantasyland, these classic stories of everyone’s youth have become realities for youngsters - of all ages - to participate in.”

H26EiYty6f3zadouExoxcB_tJUPQmRZSmn9AJ6R-q36r32IKCf33Q3tak_Hvp7LY0HoXermIk7EqJ5qZVDLUJDpxdtIGprPuW77Vl_wLCb5awuV2yLtOLJu9BV0DEhPjzbh7xYQQ

The Royal Gathering is a visit with the world’s most beloved Royalty: The Disney Princesses. Guests of all ages are hereby invited to rub elbows with Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel, Elena, Jasmine, Mulan, or Merida. Each Princess receives visitors in her own special nook amidst magnificent surroundings and resplendent décor. In addition, the Royal Gathering exits into a spectacular, panoramic view of Fantasyland and its medieval township of Castle Town.

ixXF0p13LuZhdmZCz8iKBbS7CgL7syl0Bf84TXJBrLLeyWK7j-BoqaeZXRFe3Nq9Y_WfAzReXYzgP4dafrsMTmQDU3rhvKDKsBOlSByHlME97-P8ywGIL3W9R-lErZochaUN9wAj

The castle’s armory is found in the Castle Heraldry Shoppe. Here we can trace our family tree for generations past, along with a quick perusal of replica swords, daggers and shields, as well as family crests, tapestries and distinctly “medieval” paraphernalia for sale. Sir Mickey’s, named for Castle Disney’s “bravest knight,” is a regal boutique of sorcerer hats, princess gowns, Olaf dolls, tiaras, playsets and postcards; if it pertains to fantasy, it’s here.

DisneyManOne

I must say, I really like your take on the castle. I see that you took most of your inspiration from Shanghai's castle. I took most of my inspiration for Snow White Castle from Paris' castle, because I really love the style of it. I also really admire the "galaxy" ceiling; and frankly, I think I may put something similar to it somewhere in either Discoveryland or Tomorrowland.

I can't wait to see what's going to be found in Castle Town!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I must say, I really like your take on the castle. I see that you took most of your inspiration from Shanghai's castle. I took most of my inspiration for Snow White Castle from Paris' castle, because I really love the style of it. I also really admire the "galaxy" ceiling; and frankly, I think I may put something similar to it somewhere in either Discoveryland or Tomorrowland.

I can't wait to see what's going to be found in Castle Town!

Thanks! Castle Town will get here eventually, I'm really just trying to take the final project on at my own pace. I've been personally busy, so the more I try to cram in at a time, the less I enjoy the creative process. I want this labor to be as loving as possible. Right now it's a matter of finding what attractions to move to Castle Town and what to remove from the original draft. As of now, Arendelle might be on the chopping block entirely.

DisneyManOne

Thanks! Castle Town will get here eventually, I'm really just trying to take the final project on at my own pace. I've been personally busy, so the more I try to cram in at a time, the less I enjoy the creative process. I want this labor to be as loving as possible. Right now it's a matter of finding what attractions to move to Castle Town and what to remove from the original draft. As of now, Arendelle might be on the chopping block entirely.

Interesting, if I do say so myself. Will Frozen still find representation in Fantasyland in some way or another? I personally kept Arendelle in myself for my Fantasyland, so that its fjords would naturally transition into Fantasy Harbour.

I must admit, I'm slowing the pace on Disneyland Maine, as well, as I am resuming my studies later this week.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Hello, everyone. Just another quick update.

We lost our dog this past Tuesday to a coyote. It has been a very difficult process and clearly, I have not resumed work on the resort since before the incident. We had him for a healthy fourteen years, and it's heartbreaking that his life ended in such a terrible manner. I can't really say when I will resume work, but I promise it is coming. Till then, I'm going to be off the boards for awhile while I do some reflection and recovery. See you soon.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hello, everyone. Just another quick update.

We lost our dog this past Tuesday to a coyote. It has been a very difficult process and clearly, I have not resumed work on the resort since before the incident. We had him for a healthy fourteen years, and it's heartbreaking that his life ended in such a terrible manner. I can't really say when I will resume work, but I promise it is coming. Till then, I'm going to be off the boards for awhile while I do some reflection and recovery. See you soon.
That's tragic to hear, MEW. :( I'm so sorry - my thoughts with you and your family, that can't be an easy time. But by how much it affects everyone that means you all must have cared for him and he lived a great life, even if cut terribly short.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
That's tragic to hear, MEW. :( I'm so sorry - my thoughts with you and your family, that can't be an easy time. But by how much it affects everyone that means you all must have cared for him and he lived a great life, even if cut terribly short.

Thank you. He did live the max. expectancy for a dachshund, so fortunately his life was not cut short. Nonetheless, it is a terrible pain and we miss him greatly. We do have one dog left (who is also 14), so we are spoiling him nonstop and waiting for him to mourn the process as well.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
In light of the recent event, I really can't bring myself to find the inspiration or thought process needed to continue a write-out of the Magic Kingdom. It is difficult to press forward and fully, mentally move on from the situation. Until I re-spark my inspiration, here's a bit of coverage for those just joining the project or lurking in the shadow waiting for something, including a bit of an unexpected bonus: Background Music!! But first, a recap!

Remember, Hollywood Boulevard is made up of three sub-lands: Hollywood Boulevard, anchored in the Hollywood that "Never Was" of the 1930s and '40s, Toontown, inspired by the cross-over friendly Toontown of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Gracey Square, a decrepit relic of Haunted Hollywood. To reiterate, this is a dream resort, even so the largest Disney Park ever conceived. The space is essentially limitless and the rules don't apply. Anything goes.

r-1352081527-SunsetBoulevard8.jpg

Hollywood Boulevard, Attractions & Entertainment
(In Order of Appearance)

1. Kingdom Railway
2. Just One Dream: The Walt Disney Story
3. Disney Gallery
4. Keystone Co.
5. Red Car Trolley
6. Citizens of Hollywood Boulevard
7. Five & Dime
8. Magic Kingdom Philharmonic
9. Tinseltown Arcade
10. CineMagic
11. Disney Animation
12. The Great Movie Ride
13. The Great Muppet Movie Ride
14. Mickey's PhilharMagic
15. Toon Tower of Terror
16. Roger Rabbit's Trolley Trouble
17. Goofy's Paint 'n' Play
18. Duck Bumps
19. Chip 'n Dale's Jumpin' Acorns
20. Launchpad McQuack's Plane Crazy
21. Mickey's House
22. Minnie's House
23. Disney Villain Mystery Tour
24. Museum of the Weird
25. The Haunted Mansion

Hollywood Boulevard, Shopping & Dining
(In Order of Appearance)

1. Philippe's
2. Oswald's Filling Station
3. Hollywoodland Department Store
4. Tom's Toyland
5. Baby Mine
6. Tinseltown Clothiers, Ltd.
7. Magic Shop
8. The Darkroom
9. Claude's Neon
10. Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind
11. Sunset Marketplace
12. Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
13. Terminal Bar
14. Ink & Paint Club
15. Candy Castle
16. Tara Ice Cream Parlour
17. Wonderland Music Store
18. The Mad Hatter
19. Fortuosity Shop
20. Holiday Hamlet
21. Walt's Hobbies
22. The 20th Century Limited
23. Swedish Chef's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor
24. Acme Factory
25. Betty Boop's Diner
26. Pepe Le Pew's Odor a France
27. Tom & Jerry Cheese Shop
28. Doll Shop
29. Hollywood Forever Pub
30. Villain's Lair
31. Regions Beyond

2015%2F07%2F15%2F06%2FLEADFantasy.4eff8.gif

The impressive Central Plaza of our Magic Kingdom are the Gardens of Imagination, inspired (loosely) by the "land" of the same name exclusively found in Shanghai Disneyland. This mini-Fantasyland of sorts features a "Hub" first: a dark ride. While the aesthetic is mostly rooted in fantasy, truly anything can happen here, regardless of theme. One moment you might see an Imperial Stormtrooper, the next, a Heffalump or Woozle.

Gardens of Imagination, Attractions & Entertainment
(In Order of Appearance)

1. Dapper Dans
2. Swan Boats
3. Fantasia Carousel
4. Alice's Curious Labyrinth
5. Pooh's Hunny Pot Spin
6. The Search for Winnie the Pooh
7. Snow White's Grotto
8. Storytellers on Parade
9. Disney's Electrical Parade
10. Live the Magic

Gardens of Imagination, Shopping & Dining
(In Order of Appearance)

1. Plaza Inn
2. Crystal Palace
3. Pooh Corner

Okay, that's our recap so far! Now, let's talk a bit about Background Music. Like most Disney Parks, the music featured is either an A) Instrumental, specifically arranged for the Disney Park, or B) Direct Lift of the Source Material. If it is a direct lift, I will mark the song with the original composer (or vocalist) in the credit. If it is an original instrumental, or borrowed from another Park, I will mark said song with a "**." Today, we will look into the Background Music of...

westcot2_plazaillustrative.jpg

Disney Plaza, or the "Esplanade," is the Main Gate of our Magic Kingdom. Naturally, the music heard hear is an atmospheric collection of Disney favorites, most orchestrated, others not, meant to set a tone for the adventure ahead. Seasonally, the music will change to reflect the holiday of Halloween or Christmas. Halloween, in particular, is heavy on vocalists and pulls from the original source material. Of course, those holiday loops will come at a later time.

** = Original Instrumental
No Marking = Original Song (w or w/o vocalist)

Disney Plaza: Background Music, January - August:

1. "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Randy Newman & Lyle Lovett, Toy Story
2. "Define Dancing" - Thomas Newman, WALL-E
3. "Overture (The Little Mermaid)" - Alan Menken, Original Broadway Cast Recording
4. "Golden Dream" - Tim Davis & Sophia Pizzulo, The American Adventure (2018)
5. "You Can Fly!" - Sammy Cain, Peter Pan**
6. "Casey Jr." - Frank Churchill, Dumbo**
7. "Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee" - Walter Catlett, Pinocchio
8. "Avengers Theme Suite" - Alan Silvestri, The Avengers: Infinity War
9. "Bundle of Joy" - Michael Giacchino, Inside Out
10. "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)" - Buddy Baker, Pirates of the Caribbean**
11. "Hooray for Hollywood" - Richard A. Whiting & Johnny Mercer, The Great Movie Ride
12. "All in the Golden Afternoon"- Chorus & Kathryn Beaumont, Alice in Wonderland
13. "Seize the Future" - Richard Bellis, ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
14. "Dig-a-Dig-Dig/Heigh Ho" - The Dwarfs Chorus, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
15. "Compass of Your Heart" - Alan Menken, Sinbad's Storybook Voyage**
16. "Le Festin" - Camille, Ratatouille
17. "Baroque Hoedown" - Jean Jacques Perry & Gershon Kingsley, Main Street Electrical Parade
18. "It's a Small World" - The Sherman Bros. & John Debney, Disneyland Paris
19. "The Mickey Mouse Club March" - Jimmie Dodd, The Mickey Mouse Club**
20. "For the First Time in Forever" - Robert & Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Frozen**
21. "The Magnificent Seven" - Elmer Bernstein, The Magnificent Seven
22. "Be Our Guest" - Jerry Orbach, Angela Lansbury & Chorus, Beauty and the Beast
23. "Fantasmic! Exit Music" - Bruce Healey, Fantasmic!
24. "Soarin' Exit Music" - Jerry Goldsmith, Soarin' Over California
25. "Come Again" - George Bruns, Country Bear Jamboree**
26. "The Raiders March" - John Williams, Raiders of the Lost Ark
27. "I See the Light" - Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi, Tangled
28. "The Time of Your Life" - Randy Newman, a bug's life
29. "Main Title" - John Williams, Star Wars: A New Hope
30. "Dark Corridors (w/Choir)" - John Debney & Buddy Baker, Phantom Manor
31. "The Incredibles (Score)" - Michael Giacchino, The Incredibles
32. "So This Is Love" - Ilene Woods, Cinderella
33. "The King of Pride Rock/Circle of Life (Reprise)" - Original Broadway Cast, The Lion King
34. "The Bare Necessities" - Stonewall Jackson, O, Mickey Where Art Thou
35. "When You Wish Upon a Star" - Cliff Edwards, Pinocchio

Up next will be a revised look at Fantasmic!

DisneyManOne

Disney Plaza, or the "Esplanade," is the Main Gate of our Magic Kingdom. Naturally, the music heard hear is an atmospheric collection of Disney favorites, most orchestrated, others not, meant to set a tone for the adventure ahead. Seasonally, the music will change to reflect the holiday of Halloween or Christmas. Halloween, in particular, is heavy on vocalists and pulls from the original source material. Of course, those holiday loops will come at a later time.

** = Original Instrumental
No Marking = Original Song (w or w/o vocalist)

Disney Plaza: Background Music, January - August:

1. "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Randy Newman & Lyle Lovett, Toy Story
2. "Define Dancing" - Thomas Newman, WALL-E
3. "Overture (The Little Mermaid)" - Alan Menken, Original Broadway Cast Recording
4. "Golden Dream" - Tim Davis & Sophia Pizzulo, The American Adventure (2018)
5. "You Can Fly!" - Sammy Cain, Peter Pan**
6. "Casey Jr." - Frank Churchill, Dumbo**
7. "Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee" - Walter Catlett, Pinocchio
8. "Avengers Theme Suite" - Alan Silvestri, The Avengers: Infinity War
9. "Bundle of Joy" - Michael Giacchino, Inside Out
10. "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)" - Buddy Baker, Pirates of the Caribbean**
11. "Hooray for Hollywood" - Richard A. Whiting & Johnny Mercer, The Great Movie Ride
12. "All in the Golden Afternoon"- Chorus & Kathryn Beaumont, Alice in Wonderland
13. "Seize the Future" - Richard Bellis, ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
14. "Dig-a-Dig-Dig/Heigh Ho" - The Dwarfs Chorus, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
15. "Compass of Your Heart" - Alan Menken, Sinbad's Storybook Voyage**
16. "Le Festin" - Camille, Ratatouille
17. "Baroque Hoedown" - Jean Jacques Perry & Gershon Kingsley, Main Street Electrical Parade
18. "It's a Small World" - The Sherman Bros. & John Debney, Disneyland Paris
19. "The Mickey Mouse Club March" - Jimmie Dodd, The Mickey Mouse Club**
20. "For the First Time in Forever" - Robert & Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Frozen**
21. "The Magnificent Seven" - Elmer Bernstein, The Magnificent Seven
22. "Be Our Guest" - Jerry Orbach, Angela Lansbury & Chorus, Beauty and the Beast
23. "Fantasmic! Exit Music" - Bruce Healey, Fantasmic!
24. "Soarin' Exit Music" - Jerry Goldsmith, Soarin' Over California
25. "Come Again" - George Bruns, Country Bear Jamboree**
26. "The Raiders March" - John Williams, Raiders of the Lost Ark
27. "I See the Light" - Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi, Tangled
28. "The Time of Your Life" - Randy Newman, a bug's life
29. "Main Title" - John Williams, Star Wars: A New Hope
30. "Dark Corridors (w/Choir)" - John Debney & Buddy Baker, Phantom Manor
31. "The Incredibles (Score)" - Michael Giacchino, The Incredibles
32. "So This Is Love" - Ilene Woods, Cinderella
33. "The King of Pride Rock/Circle of Life (Reprise)" - Original Broadway Cast, The Lion King
34. "The Bare Necessities" - Stonewall Jackson, O, Mickey Where Art Thou
35. "When You Wish Upon a Star" - Cliff Edwards, Pinocchio

Up next will be a revised look at Fantasmic!

I think you're giving me inspiration for my own Disney Square area music. I'll probably post that list once I get done with the walkthrough itself and start doing individual attractions at the park.

Also, I can't wait to see your Fantasmic! BTW, is this going to be somewhere in the park itself, or is this replacing World of Color as the "free-for-the-public" show on Fantasy Lagoon?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I think you're giving me inspiration for my own Disney Square area music. I'll probably post that list once I get done with the walkthrough itself and start doing individual attractions at the park.

Also, I can't wait to see your Fantasmic! BTW, is this going to be somewhere in the park itself, or is this replacing World of Color as the "free-for-the-public" show on Fantasy Lagoon?

No, World of Color will remain the "free-for-the-public" show on Fantasy Lagoon. Fantasmic! will remain in the Rivers of the Frontier as it did for the Rough Draft. However, I've decided to hold off a bit on revising and posting... I've felt the spark again, remarkably, to continue on with Castle Town and Fantasyland at some point this week.

My biggest issue, admittedly, is capturing that element of nostalgia from Disneyland, circa 1995 and the Walt Disney World of the same era. This was a time when Indiana Jones Adventure was brand-new and Tomorrowland 1967 (sans Inner Space and Carousel of Progress) still existed. POTC was unaltered and HM still featured the beating heart bride. Call me nostalgic, but as a '90s child of Southern California, this is the nostalgia I yearn for when designing a dream resort. It's a bit difficult when the modern properties of Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel are the popular canon. As much as I love all three, including them in this project is necessity rather than option, so as much as I enjoy designing them, this alone alters the 1990s and '60s nostalgia I'd like to capture. The future goal would be to somehow blend the three with the nostalgia angle.

I feel as if - not to sound full of myself - I have captured the memory of early Disney*MGM with Hollywood Boulevard and Toontown. MartinsVidsDotNet was a huge part of their design. Gracey Square is right out of Tokyo Disneyland - perhaps the finest Magic Kingdom - with its Mystery Tour and decrepit Haunted Mansion. The Gardens of Imagination and Castle Disney are a product of the modern era, almost directly inspired by Shanghai Disneyland. So of course, finding nostalgia from this is difficult, but that's not to say I am not content with the final product. It's a mixed bag of contemporary and classic.

The goal now with Castle Town and Fantasyland is to somehow modernize but retain the "olden" spirit of Fantasyland. One idea would be to only include classic animation in Castle Town, a la @DisneyManOne. But we'll see. Expect something this week. Thank you all for your patience and understanding in this difficult time.

DisneyManOne

No, World of Color will remain the "free-for-the-public" show on Fantasy Lagoon. Fantasmic! will remain in the Rivers of the Frontier as it did for the Rough Draft. However, I've decided to hold off a bit on revising and posting... I've felt the spark again, remarkably, to continue on with Castle Town and Fantasyland at some point this week.

My biggest issue, admittedly, is capturing that element of nostalgia from Disneyland, circa 1995 and the Walt Disney World of the same era. This was a time when Indiana Jones Adventure was brand-new and Tomorrowland 1967 (sans Inner Space and Carousel of Progress) still existed. POTC was unaltered and HM still featured the beating heart bride. Call me nostalgic, but as a '90s child of Southern California, this is the nostalgia I yearn for when designing a dream resort. It's a bit difficult when the modern properties of Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel are the popular canon. As much as I love all three, including them in this project is necessity rather than option, so as much as I enjoy designing them, this alone alters the 1990s and '60s nostalgia I'd like to capture. The future goal would be to somehow blend the three with the nostalgia angle.

I feel as if - not to sound full of myself - I have captured the memory of early Disney*MGM with Hollywood Boulevard and Toontown. MartinsVidsDotNet was a huge part of their design. Gracey Square is right out of Tokyo Disneyland - perhaps the finest Magic Kingdom - with its Mystery Tour and decrepit Haunted Mansion. The Gardens of Imagination and Castle Disney are a product of the modern era, almost directly inspired by Shanghai Disneyland. So of course, finding nostalgia from this is difficult, but that's not to say I am not content with the final product. It's a mixed bag of contemporary and classic.

The goal now with Castle Town and Fantasyland is to somehow modernize but retain the "olden" spirit of Fantasyland. One idea would be to only include classic animation in Castle Town, a la @DisneyManOne. But we'll see. Expect something this week. Thank you all for your patience and understanding in this difficult time.

Ooh, I'm excited already.

Technically, you could argue that Disneyland's Fantasyland village is only classic animation--Snow White, Pinocchio, Wind in the Willows and Peter Pan--but I specifically had the major attractions be based on the first five films in the canon, with shops and entertainment taking inspiration from later films. But yet, in your rough draft, you did include a mixture of both old and new films, so I think that could work well as modernizing and retaining the "olden" spirit. Or maybe you could try to utilize films in Castle Town that never really had dark rides before (101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, Mickey and the Beanstalk, Sleeping Beauty)?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Ooh, I'm excited already.

Technically, you could argue that Disneyland's Fantasyland village is only classic animation--Snow White, Pinocchio, Wind in the Willows and Peter Pan--but I specifically had the major attractions be based on the first five films in the canon, with shops and entertainment taking inspiration from later films. But yet, in your rough draft, you did include a mixture of both old and new films, so I think that could work well as modernizing and retaining the "olden" spirit. Or maybe you could try to utilize films in Castle Town that never really had dark rides before (101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, Mickey and the Beanstalk, Sleeping Beauty)?

I'm thinking more along the lines of doing two original dark rides and four classics, totaling six in Castle Town, just one more than the Disneyland original. So the "Fab Four" will remain: Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, and Peter Pan, with two newcomers to the mix. This also means that Peter Pan will vacate Adventureland (his locale in the rough draft) and "come home" to Fantasyland. Likewise, this means the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will disappear from the Enchanted Forest in favor of an original attraction.

Mary Poppins will find a new home in World Bazaar, as mentioned in the land's dedication from an earlier update. Another favorite attraction of mine will also be relocated to World Bazaar... See if you can guess which one. ;)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
To Whom This Might Concern,

@DisneyManOne, @spacemt354, @S.P.E.W, @Pionmycake, @orlando678-, and to anyone else whom might have been following this thread.

I've been doing this wrong. All wrong.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-ms-rolly-crump-20180907-story.html
The article above, an interview with Disney Legend Rolly Crump, might just pinpoint the exact issue I have been having with this project. For over three years now (the original thread started in March of 2016), I have struggled and fought with my own imagination over the design and "Final Draft" of this Resort. We're now on Version 4.0 of a project that is, in hindsight, completely wrong. Innovative, yes. Unique, yes. But what my "Dream Resort" would actually entail? No. Not in the slightest. And I would like to think that this an underlying issue that some of my readers might have as well with the project.

You see, Mr. Crump puts it best. "Disneyland has charm. Disneyland freaking hugs and kisses you." "When you go to Disney World and see the castle, you want to genuflect ... and that disturbed me." "You can't have someone in charge that doesn't understand the look that Walt had - the art was done by people in animation, and animation background painters. The whole thing fell apart." "No one is trying to keep charm in the park, and I've had enough of it."

And that last sentence is exactly what my Magic Kingdom is missing: Charm. "No one is trying to keep charm in the park, and I've had enough of it."

At 1,200 Acres, my Magic Kingdom might have been the "Largest Theme Park in the World," but frankly, this is not something that Walt, let alone a corporate CEO hellbent on making money would even want. 1,200 Acres. Let that sink in. It's almost as if I've been trying to cram all the nostalgia of Disneyland and all the corporate synergy of California Adventure into one Mega-Mall that takes up the entirety of a small town. It doesn't feel right. Frankly, it never has, but this passion project has been such a ride of discovery and, at times, fun, that I kept trying new things and looking into different ideas. But Mr. Crump was the nail in the coffin. It was the wake-up call that made me realize what my issue is... The park is too big. Way. Too. Big. The charm and nostalgia are lost because there is too much for one park to feasibly handle.

That being said, the Land of Dreams will be on an indefinite hiatus. In the meantime, and yes, at my own pace, I will be re-designing and re-imagining the Magic Kingdom into a good old-fashioned Disneyland. No gargantuan size. No 100+ attractions. Just charm, nostalgia and detail, something that Walt and the Original Imagineers would be proud of. Until then, I would like to thank you all for following this infinite work in progress.

Space, I would definitely love to still have you on board for the map. If anything, it will be a lot easier to draw given its much smaller scale. I promise you all that this project will come into fruition. It's just going to take some time.

- MANEATINGWREATH

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom