Dream Along With Mickey News

dxwwf3

I like... a lot.
Definitely adds much to the performance.

Yep. After watching the longer Google Video clip, I must say this show will make me watch something in front of the castle for the first time ever. It seems like it is a throwback to the stage shows of the 80's and you certainly won't hear me complain about that. But the added technology there really puts it over the realm of being just another castle show.

Slowjack

Cool beans

I went yesterday and I taped a copy of the new show. The characters look so much better. Here are a few clips from the show: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9034133974768533822&hl=en

Later tonight I might upload the whole show so you can see Captain Hook and Mr. Smee.

Thanks for posting that video, Skovdaddy.

Wow, those figures look great! After a few seconds of getting used to it, it seems so natural. Does anyone know if the movements are pre-synced to the soundtrack or if the performers inside have any control?

bingie

Wow, those figures look great! After a few seconds of getting used to it, it seems so natural. Does anyone know if the movements are pre-synced to the soundtrack or if the performers inside have any control?

Trigger system in costume glove...

JROK

I highly doubt it - I would think the performance is akin to the shows featuring normal AAs, the actions are just transmitted to the character.

They are performed by the character. Their middle finger controls their face. Just watch the video closer.

bingie

I think the technology is amazing, just imagine how much can be done at character meet and greets!

I can invision a system similar to turtle talk with a hidden performer and a talking character.

MiRi

I went yesterday and I taped a copy of the new show. The characters look so much better. Here are a few clips from the show: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9034133974768533822&hl=en

Later tonight I might upload the whole show so you can see Captain Hook and Mr. Smee.

Oh my goodness! Thank you! I was also having trouble trying to watch the video. You're a life saver.

The characters faces are just amazing. Wow. Disney has done it again. :sohappy:

the-reason14

Like someone said earlier, I believe ISTCrew20, check out the right hands of the characters everytime their face moves.

I think this looks great. Did they literally change over night? I wonder how long its going to take until some other shows get this.

JROK

Like someone said earlier, I believe ISTCrew20, check out the right hands of the characters everytime their face moves.

I think this looks great. Did they literally change over night? I wonder how long its going to take until some other shows get this.

What other shows could use this?

Parades, Fantasmic (Mickey/Old Hag), Beauty & The Beast (for Beast), Lion King (Timon), anything else?

Piebald

What other shows could use this?

Parades, Fantasmic (Mickey/Old Hag), Beauty & The Beast (for Beast), Lion King (Timon), anything else?

I havent seen FOTLK since the first year AK opened but I remember Timon moving his mouth and blinking his eyes.

haveyoumetmark

Wow, the articulated heads really add a ton to the performance. I can't imagine watching this show now with stationary heads. Disney spoils us. :eek:

Thank you for the video Skovdaddy! :wave:

EthylCooper

I tried again to download the combo again, and Quicktime is actually the problem.:( I have an old version that for some reason it can't replace. I thought I had uninstalled it, but apparently, I did it wrong and now I can't completely get rid of it to download the new version...

It's a common problem. =/ You can use Media Player Classic with Quicktime Alternative in its place, though.

Here are their Wikipedia pages (you can get to the download pages from there)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Player_Classic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime_Alternative

haveyoumetmark

Minnie's eye lashes don't go down with her lids. :) It's not really bothersome though, as these new heads are amazing. Can't wait to see more of this throughout the parks during parades and etc.

sillyspook13

They are performed by the character. Their middle finger controls their face. Just watch the video closer.
When the characters talk they move their hands so fast it's pretty hard to tell. During the slower choreography it looks like they're snapping their fingers to the beat.

That's pretty nifty!:)

dxwwf3

When the characters talk they move their hands so fast it's pretty hard to tell. During the slower choreography it looks like they're snapping their fingers to the beat.

That's pretty nifty!:)

I noticed that. Those performers look like they've got it down pat and it's completely unnoticeable unless you're looking for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom