Dr Who coming to Epcot and other news

michmousefan

I can't find the exact picture i was looking for, but if they had t-shirts that were a 'Disney' take on Dr. Who I'd be excited for what possibilities could come after them.

Maybe something Like these, but with brighter more vibrant colors.

Disney_Doctor_Who.jpg

Edited for grammar.

Yep! That's what I'm talking about. Custom Disney-Who apparel. Can't imagine there wouldn't sell out quickly.

Add Goofy with a big 'ol scarf as the 4th Doctor!

ZakGrim

I don't know, I'm a fairly new Who fan (started with the new series...albeit back in 2006...so I'm not a New New Whovian :) ) and i still understand the Tom Baker reference.

TylerFG

The Doctor Who shirts will arrive in system on October 1st. Give it 48 hours or so for unboxing. The order is small tho, to see how they sell. Being a fan of the "old" Doctors, recently converted, I suspect they will sell out fast. At least, I hope so.

Great news! Very excited!

Goofnut1980

Sooooo.. I have got by golly gee. You know we have the build a light-saber... why can't we do a build a sonic screwdriver???? how cool would that be... it lights up and makes noise.. just like the light-sabers.. and so many cool parts

Magenta Panther

I wouldn't mind a Dr. Who ride in the Great Britain pavilion. I like the series, especially the current one with Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor (and Amy is a great sidekick. Rory, ehhh, not so much. Third wheel).

But I'd much rather have a Yellow Submarine ride. I think the Beatles have more of a presence in the minds of people the world over. And a Pepperland dark ride with the Sea of Holes and the Blue Meanies could be amazing!

Nemofinder

I'd like a ride/ show where all the living doctors meet one another? I know the 50th anniversary is coming up and it could be a great opportunity to get everyone together and make a ride or something. Could be fun I think.

wilkeliza

I love the way some of the ICP at the UK pavilion are answering the question. I met a young lady who takes show to the highest level and she was very well in character when talking about the Dr. When I ask she said quietly as if it were some secret "I do hear the Dr. will be making a visit sometime this fall and dropping some wonderful gifts for us." It just makes me smile when they try to have fun with their job. We also had a good laugh that there are a few pieces of Harry Potter merchandise in the toy shop.

On the other points I don't see why people are so mad that Dr. Who fans are happy about some Disney based Dr. Who merchandise. It isn't like this money is being taken away from the attractions budget or anything. They are two different divisions so the money being spent to bring Dr. Who merchandise to the World Showcase would have never been spent on attractions anyways.

doctornick

I remember visiting Epcot in the mid-80's and my sister and I specifically bought Jelly Babies from the UK Pavilion because we were frequent viewers of Dr. Who. And we kept offering them to each other in our best Tom Baker impersonation voices.

If they could get theme park rights, I think a Dr. Who attraction would be a fascinating addition. It would be neat (to me, at least) if it could have some level of variability where you might encounter the Cybermen one ride or the Daleks on another, etc. It would be nice to have a ride on that half of the World Showcase somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom