Dr. Randy Pausch - RIP

fillerup

Original Poster
Randy Pausch, who achieved one of his childhood dreams of being a Disney Imagineer died today at the age of 47.

If you're unfamiliar with this man who gave the amazingly popular "The Last Lecture" series, take a little time to read and gain a little inspiration. He has some things to say that we should all remember when we drift into pettiness and pointless criticisms.

One of his quotes:

"I mean I don't know how to not have fun. I'm dying and I'm having fun. And I'm going to keep having fun every day I have left. Because there's no other way to play it," he said in his Carnegie Mellon lecture. "You just have to decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore. I think I'm clear where I stand on the great Tigger/Eeyore debate. Never lose the childlike wonder. It's just too important. It's what drives us."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080725/ap_en_ot/obit_pausch

http://thedisneyblog.com/2008/04/08/randy-pausch-the-last-lecture-from-a-disney-imagineer/

krankenstein

His "Last Lecture" was truly inspirational when I saw it last year. It provided you a rare glimpse into the mind of a great man. My thoughts and prays go out to his family during this hard time.

I heard about this early this morning from an email sent out to all CMU students. He was in many ways the heart of our campus, and will very much be missed.

Perhaps his legacy, and the most appropriate way to remember him, will be for us all to rededicate ourselves to fulfilling our childhood dreams.

Eyorefan

Thanks for letting us know.
I'm glad I have a copy of his last lecture. He was truly inspirational.
Thoughts and prayers are with his family, especially his children.

KeeKee

He was and is an inspiration and a role model. Although we all knew it was coming, this is such sad news...

GrumpyFan

Thoughts and prayers to his family.
He was and shall be a great inspiration.

If you've seen the video and enjoyed it, go buy his book, "The Last Lecture".

Ditto to all the nice things already said. We need more people in the world like him today. He is an excellent example of how we should all look at life.

Fashionista007

RIP Randy. It would be great if they dedicated a tombstone at the haunted mansion to him. He sounds like the kind of fun loving person who would enjoy that. I'll be looking for him in the next star trek movie!

dandaman

Just saw this on MSN. Read "The Last Lecture" very recently, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to any and all.

Rest in peace, sir. :(

DABIGCHEEZ

Others have said it all... I agree , He was an incredible person who must have inspired and changed many people. After watching the Last Lecture presentation, quite awhile ago... I called my wife and said WOW... you have to watch this guy. If you have not seen the video... you really should take the time and be inspired.

RIP Randy.... and codolences to his family during this tough time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom