Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

MouseMadness

I'm in!! And the Hostess cherry pie and peanut butter Twix I had for lunch today should help me feel confident when my picture is snapped! :sohappy: :lookaroun

(the Dr. Pepper was diet... does that help my cause at all?? ) :(

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
So I was getting ready to take a shower and Ryan came running into our room and then began clutching his eyes and being overly dramatic (as he is wont to do), and he said: "Aaaaaahhhhh!!! I just got a full body moon!"

To which I replied: "What!? The human body is a beautiful thing."

His response: "Yeah, but not yours."

Then his mother and he laughed and laughed and laughed . . .

How many days until October 1st?:lookaroun

darthdarrel

garyhoov said:
So I was getting ready to take a shower and Ryan came running into our room and then began clutching his eyes and being overly dramatic (as he is wont to do), and he said: "Aaaaaahhhhh!!! I just got a full body moon!"

To which I replied: "What!? The human body is a beautiful thing."

His response: "Yeah, but not yours."

Then his mother and he laughed and laughed and laughed . . .

How many days until October 1st?:lookaroun
When are we supposed to post our photos? I wont be back from WDW till Oct. 2nd. :confused: :D

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
darthdarrel said:
When are we supposed to post our photos? I wont be back from WDW till Oct. 2nd. :confused: :D
Anytime in that general area should be fine. I'll probably wait a week or two before writing out the check in case we get any stragglers.

:wave:

JBSLJames

Original Poster
One full week left. Boy I really don't like the diet implications of the NFL season. It's hard to stay low-carb when all the 'game-watching grub' is chips, wings, hoagies and the like. Another week where the progress I made Monday through Thursday was wiped out Friday through Sunday.

Still, there is hope. . .

tigsmom

JBSLJames said:
One full week left. Boy I really don't like the diet implications of the NFL season. It's hard to stay low-carb when all the 'game-watching grub' is chips, wings, hoagies and the like. Another week where the progress I made Monday through Thursday was wiped out Friday through Sunday.

Still, there is hope. . .

Cheese sticks...hot wings are OK.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I think I'm finally back on track. I was down to 197.5 this morning, so that's 10 pounds total. Here's my chart:

Attachments

• weight.bmp
    422 KB · Views: 20

MouseMadness

And I'm holding steady at a whopping 2 pounds! :sohappy: :hammer: Actually, I need to measure my waist, since I decided that would be what I was going to pay attention to, more than the scale. I'll let you know on the first if I'm down any. :)

tigsmom

:( Not happy at all today...I've gained 2 pounds! :cry:

MediFast was the prescription from the nutritionist, now I have to decide by Tuesday (when I see the dr.) if I want to go that route. *sigh*

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
tigsmom said:

MediFast was the prescription from the nutritionist, now I have to decide by Tuesday (when I see the dr.) if I want to go that route. *sigh*
2 pounds isn't very much. Look at my chart, I'm swinging all over the place, but the long term trend is down, so don't get discouraged.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's MediFast? Is it something you drink and then eat less, or is it some sort of diet pill?

tigsmom

garyhoov said:
2 pounds isn't very much. Look at my chart, I'm swinging all over the place, but the long term trend is down, so don't get discouraged.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's MediFast? Is it something you drink and then eat less, or is it some sort of diet pill?

It seems that over the last year I have regaind almost all of the 30 pounds I initially lost when I was diagnosed diabetic & put on a lo carb diet. I'm basically compliant, though when I do cheat its small doses and I get over the craving. I went to a wedding Saturday night and had some cake (but salmon & veggies for dinner and just legal appetizers...1 glass of wine) so maybe that did me in. Here is the info on MediFast 70 (the higher protein one).
(I've been thinking about this since yesterday afternoon & I think I'm alright with it...gets me to a healthier place, right?)

MediFast

Disnut

tigsmom said:

Don't worry it will come off. I have been depressed I have been walking more and gaining at least 1 or 2 pounds this week and my computer is acting up going real slow. can't figure out why.

tigsmom

Disnut said:
tigsmom said:

Don't worry it will come off. I have been depressed I have been walking more and gaining at least 1 or 2 pounds this week and my computer is acting up going real slow. can't figure out why.

I'm actually better today...I'll never be skinny again...I'm just shooting for healthier. (still its disheartening to see that scale go up)

Muscle weighs more than fat so you could be exchanging one for the other; as for the computer maybe you need to clean out the spyware, that usually does it for me. I also switched over to Firefox & everything runs faster. (but me :lol: )

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Not quite October 1st yet, but I thought I could post this "before" photo:

pig1.gif

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
barnum42 said:
Well, I'm back from a two week scoffing session at The World. The belt is a little tighter than when I left!
:sohappy: That's great!! I've had the same experience when on vacation or business trips. In my case, I think it's because I don't have a refrigerator so meals are more planned and regimated.

Just a few more days:eek:

Barnum42
Cherrynegra
Darthdarrel
Figmentmom
Garyhoov
ILUVTHEMOUSE
JBSLJames
Lil'mermaid
Merhearted
Mousemadness
(Speck76)?
Tigsmom
TravisM
WDWFREAK53

MouseMadness

Well, *sigh* I'm home. :( Now to find the most flattering photo of myself to post... (we'll skip the one my brother in law took of my a$$ while we were all really REALLY drunk) :lookaroun Flattering it was not...

barnum42

MouseMadness said:
Well, *sigh* I'm home. :( Now to find the most flattering photo of myself to post... (we'll skip the one my brother in law took of my a$$ while we were all really REALLY drunk) :lookaroun Flattering it was not...
You can't find a photo from the past, you have to take a brand spanking new one as you are on the day. Which is a shame for me as I put a few ponds on at Disney.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom