Dr Facilier Character Arriving Soon at WDW/DL

jt04

Original Poster
You and I both know that FL is hopefully changing theme.:lookaroun:D

...It could easily be worked into a back area if it were the more whimsical and "green" FL that we have theorized over.

Is it really? Almost everything is based on European folklore as it pretty much has always been. The exceptions are IASW and the new Dumboland. And those have universal themes. I think backstory is key to pulling the new fantasyland together. That doesn't mean PatF couldn't go there, and there is an area that might be perfect scenery-wise, but the transition to the mini-land would be awkward. Fortunately there are many more promising possibilities of where it would work much better.

WDW Vacationer

Is it really? Almost everything is based on European folklore as it pretty much has always been. The exceptions are IASW and the new Dumboland. And those have universal themes. I think backstory is key to pulling the new fantasyland together. That doesn't mean PatF couldn't go there, and there is an area that might be perfect scenery-wise, but the transition to the mini-land would be awkward. Fortunately there are many more promising possibilities of where it would work much better.
I think he meant that with the FL plans,the front would have the current theme,the back would be more of a wooded area with waterways and such.

jt04

Original Poster
I think he meant that with the FL plans,the front would have the current theme,the back would be more of a wooded area with waterways and such.

Oh yes, I understand that. I am a fan of immersive cohesive lands/themes. It's one of the reasons I want to see the BAH removed. It ruins the effect of the idealized Hollywood theme. Other examples of poor placement are Toy Story characters in "Muppet Square" not to mention Pizza Planet, Monsters in "Tomorrowland" :brick:, the original 20K in Fantasyland :veryconfu (not that I didn't like the ride) and Aerosmith in 1940's Hollywood. :zipit:

All these inconsistent themes need to be fixed.

And before someone says, "but there is a giant castle on Main Street!"
Well that is an entirely different design element altogether. Truly the exception to the rule.

WDW Vacationer

It was never officially Muppet Square. I do agree with you on Aerosmith. Also,I think Disney is PURPOSELY taking the theme of Tomorrowland on more of a Sci-Fi path.

jt04

Original Poster
It was never officially Muppet Square. I do agree with you on Aerosmith. Also,I think Disney is PURPOSELY taking the theme of Tomorrowland on more of a Sci-Fi path.

Muppet Square is my moniker (I think) but no matter what they call it, Toy Story stuff just doesn't fit the theme of the area. That is the point.

I only wish they would just go ahead and change the name of T-Land to SciFiCity. I think it's perfect!

Eddie Sotto doesn't, but they should do it anyway. :zipit:

:lol:

_Scar

Muppet Square is my moniker (I think) but no matter what they call it, Toy Story stuff just doesn't fit the theme of the area. That is the point.

I only wish they would just go ahead and change the name of T-Land to SciFiCity. I think it's perfect!

LOL no. Do NOT do that. That name is horrible. TLand is a classic Disney land name that should not be messed with. Maybe newer parks can, but I don't want to transition from TL.

I think you have to take DHS's Hollywood 40's theme to be present in mainly the entrance. After that they can't really present things ONLY in the 40s.... you can't really be serious about that....! DHS does capture the backlot element VERY well. One could very easily argue once you are past Hollywood Blvd. that you are now IN the movies/recording studio/television shows.

Figment632

Waiting for our table at Tony's but this looks good and so does the film. Let's just hope with all this hype the film is actually any good.

RoRo

Universal is already making a new land with the name "SciFiCity" in one of the new theme parks they are building (I forgot either Dubai or Singapore). But I do agree T-land should be called SciFi Land.

WDW1974

The film 'looks' amazing ... but you never really know until you see the finished product.

I love the setting and the art looks amazingly lush and as good or better than what WDFA was producing 15 years ago.

Still, you also need story and heart. And even then, there's unfortunately a well-earned perception that Disney FA is not must see anymore like Pixar or Dreamworks that could hurt BO.

But I'm cautiously optimistic.

yeti

And before someone says, "but there is a giant castle on Main Street!"
Well that is an entirely different design element altogether. Truly the exception to the rule.

Well, technically the castle is a part of Fantasyland amyway. :shrug::p

You forgot to mention Speedway and CoP being in Tomorrowland, Dino-Rama being in AK, and the theming smorgasbord that is Adventureland.

All the more reason why Epcot is perfect. Kind of. :rolleyes:

hrcollectibles

Here's to Disney making another good villian in the rankings of Jafar, Hades and Frollo....

Now if there was an attraction I'd definatley would see it..But, I for one would also would think the BEST place for him to be used...Would really be...Fantasmic! Think about it..If they ever updated the show I think they can eliminat the Pocahontis sequence and pushed the villians portion out alot longer..This would be so awesome! Dr. Facilier conjures up a voodoo nighhtmare in Mickey's Imagination and using black lights with voodoo heads floating all around the island...Ooooh hoo hoo I'm just getting too excited..
frogvillain.jpg

That image reminds me of a Former WWF Superstar

papashango004.jpg

Papa Shango

WDWbrightcubs

Any word on where this movie will premiere??? The Hunchback premiered here in New Orleans back in the day, wouldn't it be fitting to premiere a movie that takes place in New Orleans- in New Orleans??? The New Orleans Museum of Art is having a HUGE exhibit here in Nov. of original disney animation/art work. I know someone that works for the museum that told me the voice actors from the Princess and the Frog we're going to be at the opening of the exhibit. It's very exciting!:sohappy:

nemofinder22

Any word on where this movie will premiere??? The Hunchback premiered here in New Orleans back in the day, wouldn't it be fitting to premiere a movie that takes place in New Orleans- in New Orleans??? The New Orleans Museum of Art is having a HUGE exhibit here in Nov. of original disney animation/art work. I know someone that works for the museum that told me the voice actors from the Princess and the Frog we're going to be at the opening of the exhibit. It's very exciting!:sohappy:

From the D23 Expo site under the D23 Auction- LOT 46-The World Premiere of Walt Disney Pictures’ The Princess and the Frog

Page 27-
http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/media/D23_online_auction_catalog.pdf

The World Premiere of “The Princess and the Frog”
will be held in the afternoon on November 15, 2009.
It will be held at the Walt Disney Studio Lot in
Burbank, California. Expect appearances by the
talent, filmmakers and other celebrity VIPs.
Immediately following the film, enjoy the ultimate
Disney Experience, an attraction with a New Orleans
theme and for the first time ever all the Disney
Princesses including our newest Princess, Tiana.

EPCOT Explorer

Yes, that is what I mean...However, I'm thinking it could be a fit if the architecture is right.:D

The characters are versatile, or so we think...:lol:

jt04

Original Poster
He does, I never thought about that. :lol: I just hope the film is as good as we are hoping.

I have a feeling it will be. I know you can't always tell by clips, but this latest clip has so much going on in it. And the villian is truly a compelling and charismatic character. The music I have heard sounds great too. I'm very optimistic about this movie.

EPCOT Explorer

I have a feeling it will be. I know you can't always tell by clips, but this latest clip has so much going on in it. And the villian is truly a compelling and charismatic character. The music I have heard sounds great too. I'm very optimistic about this movie.

Agreed....And they way the company is treating it, is a indication, too.:D They have not marketted a movie this way in a WHILE! Good sign.:D

WDW Vacationer

I think Iger&Team realizes that hand drawn satrted at Disney,and they should keep the legacy alive. I think this movie will be better than CG because animators feel more connection with the characters when computers don't do so much of the work.

jt04

Original Poster
I think Iger&Team realizes that hand drawn satrted at Disney,and they should keep the legacy alive. I think this movie will be better than CG because animators feel more connection with the characters when computers don't do so much of the work.

It seems to have great character and heart too. Seems to have everything.

Back to the options for the parks after the celebrations.

Fantasyland could work but the theme clashes technically.

TSI (my favorite) could work with Kim Possible technology, meet and greets and other intractive features. I'm going to armchair imagineer this if D23 Expo proves a let down.

New idea. A PatF overlay at the House of Blues in DTD. The theme is already there and the transition could be fairly easy. So a themed restaurant with plenty of musical acts in the theater. A bit of New Orleans in DTD. :)

To be continued.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom