Downtown Disney & The Lego Store

jmicro59

Original Poster
Hi All,
Is hte Lego store still there at DD?? I heard a rumor that it closed and hte store is now empty. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Laura

Premium Member
Sorry this is a crappy picture, just snapped it as I was walking by.

IMG_0235.JPG

But anyway, they have walls up around the old lego building so I'm assuming they are refurbishing the inside. The walls also go around the little play area out front. Right now they have a tent next door where they are selling the lego stuff.

i cant wait til it re-opens, i like building the cars and racing them and beating the little kids in the race... it makes me happy :lookaroun:lol:

crazycalf

I was disappointed last time because you couldn't see all the lego sculptures. Only ronald mcdonald and the sea searpent.
Hopefully they will make some new ones though

Number_6

I wonder if they're setting up some sort of special displays inside because of the 50th Anniversary Celebration... that would be cool. I would love to see Lego versions of Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella's Castle.

The Mom

Premium Member
Number_6 said:
I wonder if they're setting up some sort of special displays inside because of the 50th Anniversary Celebration... that would be cool. I would love to see Lego versions of Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella's Castle.

That would be great!! I would love to see a Lego Cinderella's Castle...especially since I wouldn't have to help assemble it, store it, or put all the pieces away when it finally came down. :lol: (Can you tell I think my kids have too many Legos?)

EdandAmy

Does anyone know of a rough date or a phone # I can call to find out when the store may reopen? Spring 2005 is a little vague given we are already in March.

thanks!

ISTCrew20

Last time I walked by this weekend, some of the lego sculptures had been rebuilt. The alien spaceship that used to be out front and blew mist was removed, and replaced with a lego tourist family. New lego sculptures can also be seen over the construction wall, and one of them is like a huge red dragon or something. It looks like they are trying to tie the store in with the Bionicle line, or whatever that thing is called.

Gfhweb

I work over in downtown disney and the jist of what I've heard is that they are rebuilding the inside displays/location of registers and making the outdoor lego buiding area either covered or enclosed from the weather. The old lego scultures were sitting backstage te other day but have since been shipped off property

OrlandoGuy

EdandAmy said:
Does anyone know of a rough date or a phone # I can call to find out when the store may reopen? Spring 2005 is a little vague given we are already in March.

thanks!

I was at Downtown Disney today 3/13/05 and the Lego store is now open. They did a great job with the remodel.

diddy_mouse

i would love to see some new pics of the Lego store, if any has them yet. :rolleyes:

when i was down there in May, my fiance kept saying how cool the sea serpent sculpture was (every single time we walked past it).

bregla

Lego family

I was there a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I loved Downtown Disney. Especially the Disney Tails shop! I got a few pics of the Lego family and their dogg. The dogs are amazing. Well, they all are but I was impressed with the dogs lol.
legofamily.JPG

legofamilydogs3.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom