Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

There is some reason ... some holdup as to why the announcement hasn't been made yet. Got lots of opinions on this, but nothing I can confirm to place out there. ... But Tom Staggs isn't in town to enjoy the sunshine or help George and Andy pick out tile for the kitchen.

The larger points are why is Burbank running the show on something that shouldn't be that important in the scheme of things (even for P&R, rebranding/expanding DD isn't that big a deal) ... why they don't trust TDO and WDW media relations/the CPSMC.

On that subject, I again find it humorous that all the local lifetylers are taking shots at this site for having the information (while one delusional dude thinks he broke a story because he placed leaked -- from CP, likely -- artwork out there when the topic of what was in said art was already being discussed here and elsewhere) at the same time acting like there is no basis for this story when everyone even Disney is saying CHANGE is on the way. ... Someone ought to tell my pal Ricky Brigante that this site was not the site that said Cars Land was definitely coming and about to be announced -- that was the DIS -- and they were wrong. ... Oh, and I love it when folks say they don't read here unless they click by mistake. ... Yep, they all just have even bigger no-lifers that read here and report every detail to them ... sure!!!

Oh, and just to be very clear I will not be the next Pope. They asked me, I said I was honored but had too much going on in my life right now!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - breaking a story is no longer as important as it used to be. I think this is largely the function of people not breaking stories with the same level of credibility now a days thanks to new media.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Someone ought to tell my pal Ricky Brigante that this site was not the site that said Cars Land was definitely coming and about to be announced -- that was the DIS -- and they were wrong. ... Oh, and I love it when folks say they don't read here unless they click by mistake. ... Yep, they all just have even bigger no-lifers that read here and report every detail to them ... sure!!!

Ah now come on, you are asking a bit much here. It sounds like you are expecting them to actually take the time to check the facts before taking the 140char swipe at WDWMAGIC. ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

DocMcHulk

Someone ought to tell my pal Ricky Brigante that this site was not the site that said Cars Land was definitely coming and about to be announced -- that was the DIS -- and they were wrong. ...
To be far, there was more than one person on here who pretty much said it was absolutely coming. Not a maybe, not a most likely, an absolutely. Maybe I mis-remember it all, but my memory is that there was a complete confirmation short of an official announcement.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
To be far, there was more than one person on here who pretty much said it was absolutely coming. Not a maybe, not a most likely, an absolutely. Maybe I mis-remember it all, but my memory is that there was a complete confirmation short of an official announcement.

Not by Steve, which is what Brigante claimed. And couldn't back up when challenged on that point.....

dreamscometrue

It's still coming, I'm hearing.
The details are unclear, but some version of CarsLand appears to be a sure thing.

No way am I going out on a limb about an announcement, though.

Thanks Lee. You, and a few others on here, have ALWAYS been spot on with your information.

I understand your not wanting to go out on a limb, so I'll make a prediction since I have no credibility and no inside information of any sort. Announcement coming at D23 I suspect. :) There you go.

G00fyDad

There is some reason ... some holdup as to why the announcement hasn't been made yet. Got lots of opinions on this, but nothing I can confirm to place out there. ... But Tom Staggs isn't in town to enjoy the sunshine or help George and Andy pick out tile for the kitchen.

The larger points are why is Burbank running the show on something that shouldn't be that important in the scheme of things (even for P&R, rebranding/expanding DD isn't that big a deal) ... why they don't trust TDO and WDW media relations/the CPSMC.

On that subject, I again find it humorous that all the local lifetylers are taking shots at this site for having the information (while one delusional dude thinks he broke a story because he placed leaked -- from CP, likely -- artwork out there when the topic of what was in said art was already being discussed here and elsewhere) at the same time acting like there is no basis for this story when everyone even Disney is saying CHANGE is on the way. ... Someone ought to tell my pal Ricky Brigante that this site was not the site that said Cars Land was definitely coming and about to be announced -- that was the DIS -- and they were wrong. ... Oh, and I love it when folks say they don't read here unless they click by mistake. ... Yep, they all just have even bigger no-lifers that read here and report every detail to them ... sure!!!

Oh, and just to be very clear I will not be the next Pope. They asked me, I said I was honored but had too much going on in my life right now!

Its not the first time. ;) I'd be willing to bet they even have Christmas and Halloween party dates announced as "confirmed" already. Probably since the 1st of January.

What would your Pope name be? Mine would be Pope Bob the first.

Atomicmickey

Makes sense that the delay--caused initially by weather, could be out
of respect due to the sad and unfortunate pool accident. I get it.

We can wait for our shopping mall announcement.

(On another note--it has been instructive to read about the attraction
of shopping for visitors from other countries--and even rural areas.
Though shopping holds no attraction to me, I now understand and
appreciate better why some would see this as a great thing. Thanks for that.)

Mouse Detective

Of course they don't trust Orlando management. They're the ones that created that gaping hole in the middle of DTD and let it sit there for nearly 5 years. Burbank thinks it is a big deal.

You'd never give up the women!

dhall

I have no idea if this is the reason for the delay, but I am giving it serious cred:

Disney may have postponed the event due to the young man who drowned at Pop Century. Even though one thing had nothing to do with the other, it may have appeared in bad taste (at least in O-Town media circles) to show a celebration for rebranding a mall when a child had just passed away a mile away in tragic accident.

I could see Disney putting things off for that. But how long do you wait?

That seems to be a pretty good possibility -- the drowning was the first story on CNN's website after the new pope.

WDW1974

It has been announced to cast members in a series of presentations starting yesterday, given by Tom Staggs and Tom Wolber. It has not yet been announced to the public, although it was planned to be yesterday. Hopefully in the next few days.

Details:
'Disney Springs' Downtown Disney expansion confirmed to cast members this afternoon at Downtown Disney

Was told that if it didn't happen by today that it likely will happen early next week. They don't want it buried going into the weekend. I've even heard (unconfirmed) reports that Staggs has flown back west ... anyone know?

WDW1974

True. Lightbulb did (and he can be trusted). Someone pretending to be an 'insider' for some strange reason did as well before he disappeared into the swamps. I said it was very likely (still do).

BUT ... ONLY the DIS said it was definite and that it was going to be announced during the December media event right down to the date.

And if Brigante and any of the others taking swipes here wanted to be fair, they could have cited individuals who said things (although again, one was a poser here for who knows why).

WDW1974

Its not the first time. ;) I'd be willing to bet they even have Christmas and Halloween party dates announced as "confirmed" already. Probably since the 1st of January.

What would your Pope name be? Mine would be Pope Bob the first.

Yep ... and my name would be Pope George the 13th (George in honor of WDW's Prez, and 13 cause it is lucky!)

WDW1974

Of course they don't trust Orlando management. They're the ones that created that gaping hole in the middle of DTD and let it sit there for nearly 5 years. Burbank thinks it is a big deal.

Ultimately, Burbank gave final approval to close PI. Orlando doesn't have the power to close a gated park/attraction permanently of the scope of PI without west coast signing off.

You'd never give up the women!

That COULD be a problem. ... I'd likely be able to keep my fanbois on the side, though, being the church and all! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom