Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Everyone I know in England that travels to Orlando has shopping in their plans. It goes something like: sunshine, parks, restaurants and shopping. The savings on electronics and clothing are significant. DTD is going to cater for that.

Mickey_777

Everyone I know in England that travels to Orlando has shopping in their plans. It goes something like: sunshine, parks, restaurants and shopping. The savings on electronics and clothing are significant. DTD is going to cater for that.

Exactly. Folks travelling from the UK and Brasil and (everywhere else internatially) are going to make time to buy stuff in O-town. We're americans but we always make time to shop and eat out in Orlando including DTD. I'm a dude but I like to shop. Even moreso than my wife sometimes. I like buying cool stuff. Does that make me wierd? And for everyone wondering why anyone would travel to WDW or Orlando to shop, they don't. It's an add-on activity. A plus. Something extra. The parks are the main draw and always will be.

All Disney All The Time

How dare those foreigners come here to shop. The nerve of them. Chanting, singing, dancing and now SHOPPING? The sky is truly falling. They need to "learn our ways". Oh wait, didn't Americans invent conspicuous consumption?

DisneyGuyNYC

How dare those foreigners come here to shop. The nerve of them. Chanting, singing, dancing and now SHOPPING? The sky is truly falling. They need to "learn our ways". Oh wait, didn't Americans invent conspicuous consumption?

tumblr_m41rjkAAxZ1ro8qpo.gif

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Just because you do not see value in it does not mean that it does not have value to someone else. I am sure there are plenty of things that you do that would bore me to tears and vice versa. It does not mean that the entire world should bend to the tastes of an individual.

I don't see any value in it, but lord knows my wife will be getting up early at least once if not twice during a trip and meet us later in the day cuz she's shopping at DTD. Her eyes lit up when I told her WoD was going to be expanded. I would consider it a huge mistake on my part, but I have no idea how I would've kept it a secret.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Orlando is even a big shopping destination for Florida people - growing up in the south, I know so many people that would and still do go to Orlando for a day or weekend just to go shopping and hang out. The outlets, Millenia, and the Florida Mall are a big draw to Orlando, too, so Disney is coming up with another way to get folks on property to spend their $$$. It makes sense.

wdw71fan

Shopping is VERY important to travelers.. Especially international ones... You think the Brazil Tour groups are bad at the parks? Wait til you see the masses (on charter busses) that go to the outlet mall across I-4 from Disney...

I've been coming to Orlando from the UK for the last twenty one years and I must confess shopping, especially at the Florida Mall is a huge part of the experience for me. The words dirt and cheap come to mind. I must be one of the people that Disney profiles as spending money like water UKers.

That doesn't offend me, I've been called far worse: - )

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've been coming to Orlando from the UK for the last twenty one years and I must confess shopping, especially at the Florida Mall is a huge part of the experience for me. The words dirt and cheap come to mind. I must be one of the people that Disney profiles as spending money like water UKers.

That doesn't offend me, I've been called far worse: - )
As a resident of the state of Florida I thank you for being that. You and your like minded brethren make it to where I do not have to pay a state income tax so keep coming to the sunshine state and bring your friends! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom