Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymenxpac

Yeah people flock to the Times Square one and though I don't eat shrimp I've heard bad things.

based on your handle, i'm sure you know, @DisneyGuyNYC. but for the out-of-staters, it should be noted that times square is a really bad barometer of what's good, or even popular. it's one gigantic, homogenized tourist trap, which isn't to say i miss the old inhabitants of 42nd street. it just means that it doesn't really attract a discerning consumer (hey, this sounds familiar!)

DaddyDisneyMan

If we're calling dibs then mine is The Miz, why?
because I'm Awesome!!!
OMG! lol. The Miz. I was sitting on the couch one day and I happened to stop on Monday Night RAW, who did I see?! The dude from the Real World (MTV), he was the WWE World Champion! Now I know why I stopped watching wrastling in the early 90's. :p

flynnibus

Premium Member
So if they are taking the space 'freed' by the garages for expansion.. I wonder how much parking they are really adding? And with garages... I wonder if they will actually start parking fees or enforcement

RSoxNo1

If we're talking about adding 500 million in additions, as you said, that lineup isn't out of the question.

Ratatouille's entire complex in France cost 150 mill. RSR is what, 250 mill? Indy was 100 million. No idea what the proposed Monsters ride would be.

I don't see where the disconnect is.
RSR was closer to $340 if I'm not mistaken. If that lineup came to DHS I'd be ecstatic, but by no means am I expecting it. My guess is RSR, Monster's Inc and Junkyard Jamboree.

muteki

Not sure how they will expand the already enormous world of disney. Reclaim some space from the parking lot? Take over where Pollo Campero is now?

GLaDOS

Nothing really new than what we already knew. Hope we get more solid info soon. Until we do, it feels very "Hyperion Wharf" still.

djlaosc

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No vendors named at all (except Captain Jack's closing, and World of Disney - the first answer to the question "which shop in WDW does NOT need expanding?" - is getting an expansion - it's hard enough to find what you're after in there as it is, never mind if they add yet more rooms...)
I think an expansion to WoD will help things in that regard. It will be more spacious, and can be better organised. Will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom