Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

majortom1981

Or, better yet, how about the club that was the original inspiration for J&H....

I always say they should have converted the adventurers club to an actual restaurant. The guy who created the Jekyll and Hyde club was an ex employee at the adventurers club and decided NYC needed something like that .

He was successfull at making the ac club into a restaurant so why wouldn't Disney be able to.

Also reminds me. I have to go to the new one in times square. I have been to the old location that they had on 6th ave.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I had the same first experience with cheesecake factory as you. The "express" was an understatement. I recall a few sandwiches and 1/4 the dessert menu as an actual cf location. When one opened here I didn't expect the menu to be so huge.
While it certainly had a reduced menu, the few times I ate there, I found the food to be tasty, well-prepared, and head and shoulders above Food Quest that replaced it.

GLaDOS

Right, but I also think Disney has now realized that their plans for incremental updates to the parks is a dated model. Harry Potter and Cars make much stronger statements in terms of moving the needle. It's rare that a single attraction can result in an attendance spike but an entirely new area has successfully accomplished just that. Unfortunately this may mean that the $100 million more frequent expansions/additions won't happen that often in favor of the $500 million larger scale overhaul's happening every decade or so.

I never said they didn't.

I just said a flat ride package isn't want DHS needs.

NeedMoreMickey

btw, hasnt there been a Cheescake factory at DTD rumor circulating for awhile now?? LOVE that place and would be so happy to see one go in !!

I think the Cheesecake company starts these rumors because the same rumor has been around for one in my neighborhood for the last 7 years.

Todd L

I always say they should have converted the adventurers club to an actual restaurant. The guy who created the Jekyll and Hyde club was an ex employee at the adventurers club and decided NYC needed something like that .

He was successfull at making the ac club into a restaurant so why wouldn't Disney be able to.

Also reminds me. I have to go to the new one in times square. I have been to the old location that they had on 6th ave.

Ive been to Both J&H locations in Nyc and never realized there was a connection!! It all makes sense now!!

NeedMoreMickey

It's been a few years since I've spent much time in DTD usually run in get ice cream at Ghirardelli and hit the big Disney store. Can anyone tell me if there is a bakery or coffee shop in DTD? Maybe with my parking garage they will put in a Starbucks.

Todd L

I dont get why anyone would think They wouldnt put a resturant at Dtd that exist elswhere in Orlando....I mean There are TWO Rainforest Cafes On property!!!

DocAlan02

I certainly have no interest in seeing a bunch of chain restaurants go in there. I won't even eat at big chain restaurants here at home (for dinner...lunch is fine). I live in Philadelphia, where there are tons of great independent restaurants or even small local chains. In a city with great pizza and Italian food, why would I ever eat at Pizza Hut or Olive Garden? My philosophy has always been that if I can eat there in Richmond, Indiana (no offense to anyone from there...it's just a good example of a place full of strip malls and chains), I don't need to eat there at home. When on vacation at Disney, I want something unique.

Todd L

It's been a few years since I've spent much time in DTD usually run in get ice cream at Ghirardelli and hit the big Disney store. Can anyone tell me if there is a bakery or coffee shop in DTD? Maybe with my parking garage they will put in a Starbucks.

With The Starbucks going in at Mk already that seems like a real possibility!!

PhotoDave219

Where do you get that info? I've never been to DTD when there hasn't been at least a 30-minute wait at night at any of non-quick service restaurants.

We're locals. Observational data.

Personally, I have been known to make a reservation on my phone when the person at the podium says "We're sorry, reservations only tonight" only to find the restaurant with a lot of availability.

PhotoDave219

Exactly.

This whole announcement structure doesn't make sense to me. It's weather delayed but all the bad weather has passed the Orlando area (if you trust the radar).

DeWayne Bevil says he was told no announcement was planned for today - rather than being told the announcement was delayed.

But then the announcement to cast will take place, knowing full well it will be leaked within moments.

It's either not a very important announcement or TDO doesn't much care about getting press.

TDO only cares about the press it can control - the legion of local bloggers whom can be trusted to post the press release verbatium and not ask any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom