Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyPeace

Ive been to the Jekyll and Hyde in Times Square twice already. I always thought it was very Disney, AC club or Mansion. It would be perfect in DD. Food is lacking in quality and diversity though.

I took some pics but cant seem to post here from Flickr anymore.

Also where is the full on Starbucks for DD. How about a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co?

GLaDOS

So three E tickets and a D-ticket? Yeah, I think every park could use that type of addition.

If we're talking about adding 500 million in additions, as you said, that lineup isn't out of the question.

Ratatouille's entire complex in France cost 150 mill. RSR is what, 250 mill? Indy was 100 million. No idea what the proposed Monsters ride would be.

I don't see where the disconnect is.

DisneyGuyNYC

Ive been to the Jekyll and Hyde in Times Square twice already. I always thought it was very Disney, AC club or Mansion. It would be perfect in DD. Food is lacking in quality and diversity though.

I took some pics but cant seem to post here from Flickr anymore.

Also where is the full on Starbucks for DD. How about a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co?
That one's been closed. There's one in the Village now though.

For Bubba Gump they'd need to get the rights from Paramount.

Edit: CORRECTION There's a different location near Time Square open! Huh! Look at that! Also a werewolf bar. Guess where I'll be this weekend?

disneyeater

That one's been closed. There's one in the Village now though.

For Bubba Gump they'd need to get the rights from Paramount.

Bubba Gump is Landry's, right? Built in relationship there.

Color me disappointed if they put too many national chains in. Local chains could be ok if going the chain route.

GeneralKnowledge

Has anyone else thought that maybe TDO's plan of attack now is to announce major additions to the resort, give opening dates way off in the future, then never build anything? If spending X amount of dollars on a new attraction brings in Y amount of revenue, but spending 0 dollars on announcing a new attraction and never building it yields Y/100 in new revenue just from the hype, I could see TDO going for it. I mean we've got Avatarland and Hyperion Wharf as examples already, if they never build Disney Springs I think I'm on to something.

tissandtully

Bubba Gump is Landry's, right? Built in relationship there.

Color me disappointed if they put too many national chains in. Local chains could be ok if going the chain route.

Bubba Gump is perhaps the most over-rated themed restaurant. There is one near me on the Gulf Coast and it is awful. Their signature SHRIMP dish is just a bunch of different bar food, with unseasoned tiny shrimp. I was very underwhelmed that the place that has shrimp in it's name could do shrimp so poorly.

tissandtully

Has anyone else thought that maybe TDO's plan of attack now is to announce major additions to the resort, give opening dates way off in the future, then never build anything? If spending X amount of dollars on a new attraction brings in Y amount of revenue, but spending 0 dollars on announcing a new attraction and never building it yields Y/100 in new revenue just from the hype, I could see TDO going for it. I mean we've got Avatarland and Hyperion Wharf as examples already, if they never build Disney Springs I think I'm on to something.

How does it go? Fool me twice, shame on you, Fool me three times.. uhh.. I won't get fooled again? -GWB

DisneyGuyNYC

Bubba Gump is perhaps the most over-rated themed restaurant. There is one near me on the Gulf Coast and it is awful. Their signature SHRIMP dish is just a bunch of different bar food, with unseasoned tiny shrimp. I was very underwhelmed that the place that has shrimp in it's name could do shrimp so poorly.
Yeah people flock to the Times Square one and though I don't eat shrimp I've heard bad things.

SkipperButler

This isn't a new thing that TDO is doing. It's actually a long standing habit that goes all the way back to Walt himself. Walt went on national television talking about ideas and concepts like the Museum of the Weird and International Street for Disneyland, and those were never built. So maybe it's just a long standing tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom